Video/photos for working on the Clutch Slave Cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Video/photos for working on the Clutch Slave Cylinder?

I can audibly hear a squeak outside of the cabin when the vehicle is off and the clutch is pushed in. I'm still trying to conquer this gripping on the clutch pedal that comes and goes. I have read and watched a handful of videos of Honda owners removing and lubricating the head of the clutch slave cylinder. I could not find a video of someone performing a replacement/lubrication on exactly our CU2's. I have looked into the 2009 repair manual for our cars and it looks about the same as other Hondas. They pull the two mounting bolts, remove it from the cavity it sits in, clean and lube it, and reinstall. Is it as simple as popping off the two bolts, cleaning/lubing, and reinstalling on our cars? Anyone know of any good videos/photos of this or similar procedure on our cars? Anything I should know before doing this or be cautious about?

Plan on using this grease:
Amazon Amazon

Here is some documentation that I am referencing: - Note I will not be disconnecting the clutch line -

https://www.discountpartsmonster.com...er=46930swag01
Old 08-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
FINA FFING LY FOUND MY CLUTCH PROBLEM - I have not idea how this area got so bad on a 6 year old 45K mile car, but it did. Remove the clutch slave cylinder and it was so dirty i couldn't believe it. It was like tar on the inside. As soon I saw it I knew I hit gold. It was very easy to do. Althought there is still engine vibration in the pedal (as with the gas pedal and other areas of the car), there is no longer hesitation or a rubbing feeling. It is a night a day difference!

Tools/Supplies:

- 10mm deep socket
- 12mm socker
- Extension for socket
- Honda Urea grease
- ~1000 grit sand paper to clean the slave rod
- Shop rags and a beer

This is the CSC - Looks clean on the outside

I removed this nut but due to that large screw that the nut sits on and the tension from the clutch line, I couldnt comfortably remove it. Insteasd leaving the bracket in place but the nut off was all the was needed for the entire job.

Really bad...

All parts dissemble. Time to take everything apart, clean, and lube.

Here is before cleaning the clutch fork. It was really bad. Its like rubber/tar.

All shiny, freshly sanded. Could look better, I might replace it down the road.

After a thorough cleaning. Can believe the before and after photos, it was really bad. Lube EVERYTHING with Honda Urea grease only!
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (08-14-2017)