Turbo kit question and other info

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 02:08 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo kit question and other info

Hello! First time posting here & new member on this forum.
I recently bought a 2010 Acura TSX (one of my dream cars) and got a few questions if you guys can help me with it.
1. Is it possible I can get a turbo kit for this Acura model it’s automatic and if so which one would be the best affordable one?
2. Which gas octane is recommended to put on the tsx I use premium will E85 work?
Thats all I can think of right now lol
one more thing...
if anyone into putting anime stickers on their cars & etc. I own a anime store site. Check out Anti Tokyo Vibes on instagram.

Thank you so much you guys in advance!!
Old 03-23-2018, 06:13 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Hi!!
Do you have the six cylinder or the four?
you will have lots to learn! if you can, head to youtube and or look up information about How turbos work. once you understand how something works, your questions will be answered.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Supercharger kits exist for our cars. Nothing is affordable with going turbo/supercharged. This kit is $4K Supercharger Kit (09-10 TSX 4 Cylinder)

Keep in mind, while the K24 is a great engine, you're considering turboing an 8+ year old engine. Could it handle it? Sure, but you could be opening the door to problems as well as loss of reliability. I'd love to see another turbo in the mix. I own a TSX and love it, but I bought it knowing that it is a ~200HP front wheel drive 4 cylinder. If I wanted boost/power I would have looked elsewhere. There car has a lot to offer and I think it is very fun to drive with it's linear power band athletic suspension. I've got a motorcycle when I want to go fast

Use 93 pump gas. Assuming you are a novice consider getting in touch with a local speed shop for additional advice on where to move to next. There is not too much room for extra HP without aggressive mods to the car.

Edit - Hell yes I just saw this on your site! Love it!

Last edited by TSX1012m6; 03-23-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenGundam01
Hello! First time posting here & new member on this forum.
I recently bought a 2010 Acura TSX (one of my dream cars) and got a few questions if you guys can help me with it.
1. Is it possible I can get a turbo kit for this Acura model it’s automatic and if so which one would be the best affordable one?
2. Which gas octane is recommended to put on the tsx I use premium will E85 work?
Thats all I can think of right now lol
one more thing...
if anyone into putting anime stickers on their cars & etc. I own a anime store site. Check out Anti Tokyo Vibes on instagram.

Thank you so much you guys in advance!!
1. I don't believe there are turbo kits, per say... but... you don't need a kit. You can easily assemble one yourself. The only thing you have to figure out is the intercooler plumbing and turbo plumbing... you can likely mimic what the supercharger kit does, at least for the intercooler. As Justn point out, you need to do some reading and learning... there is a wealth of knowledge regarding turbo systems on here. Some of the information is shared across every platform, while some of it needs to be specific to what you're doing.

2. You could potentially run E85, HOWEVER, you can't do it on your stock car. You can upgrade your entire fuel system to be able to run on E85, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't seen much of it on these boards, but, I do know that there are a number of guys who have done this on the 370Zs.

You're talking about big power gains (going turbo). But with big power gains, comes big money spending. I would budget a minimum of 10k to do a proper build. Realistically, I'd up the budget to the 14k range, but, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and don't like settling on stuff, and do value reliability above anything else. That's not to say you would use all 14k.. but it's good to budget a bit more than you need, just in case something goes sideways on you.

Personally, seeing as you have limited automotive knowledge, I would suggest sticking to the supercharger route. Everything has already been thought of for you. You won't get nearly the same gains with a supercharger, but, they sound awesome, and they still give you a very wonderful bump in useable power. I'd imagine you can supercharge your car for 10k, all in. This is assuming you buy everything new. If you start sourcing gently used parts, you can easily save a few thousand bucks. \

Finally, the most important part of going with forced induction, is finding a reputable tuner. Without a tuner, your car won't last very long. There are various options for tuning, though. Some people let you do a bit of data logging and they create a tune for you, based on that. Though it's always preferable if you can get the car into a shop to dyno tune it for you, right then and there.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:30 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
1. I don't believe there are turbo kits, per say... but... you don't need a kit. You can easily assemble one yourself. The only thing you have to figure out is the intercooler plumbing and turbo plumbing... you can likely mimic what the supercharger kit does, at least for the intercooler. As Justn point out, you need to do some reading and learning... there is a wealth of knowledge regarding turbo systems on here. Some of the information is shared across every platform, while some of it needs to be specific to what you're doing.

2. You could potentially run E85, HOWEVER, you can't do it on your stock car. You can upgrade your entire fuel system to be able to run on E85, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't seen much of it on these boards, but, I do know that there are a number of guys who have done this on the 370Zs.

You're talking about big power gains (going turbo). But with big power gains, comes big money spending. I would budget a minimum of 10k to do a proper build. Realistically, I'd up the budget to the 14k range, but, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and don't like settling on stuff, and do value reliability above anything else. That's not to say you would use all 14k.. but it's good to budget a bit more than you need, just in case something goes sideways on you.

Personally, seeing as you have limited automotive knowledge, I would suggest sticking to the supercharger route. Everything has already been thought of for you. You won't get nearly the same gains with a supercharger, but, they sound awesome, and they still give you a very wonderful bump in useable power. I'd imagine you can supercharge your car for 10k, all in. This is assuming you buy everything new. If you start sourcing gently used parts, you can easily save a few thousand bucks. \

Finally, the most important part of going with forced induction, is finding a reputable tuner. Without a tuner, your car won't last very long. There are various options for tuning, though. Some people let you do a bit of data logging and they create a tune for you, based on that. Though it's always preferable if you can get the car into a shop to dyno tune it for you, right then and there.
Well put. It's a project for an enthusiast, not a person just looking to wake the car up. Not to mention, how well does the auto trans take to increased power? I know the manual needs to be beefed up.

PS - I love superchargers. They sound awesome and having the extra torque in all RPM ranges + instant power is great - Yes, I know turbos make more power.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:04 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info dude yea sounds like i should go for supercharger kit.
mostly i think i'll stance it out get clean rims first but also save money for the kit in the process
once again thx for the info