View Poll Results: Do you like the exterior design of the 2009 TSX?
Yes, I like design.
0%
No, I do not like the design.
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

TSX 2009 Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard that 201hp is rated per cylinder
Old 02-14-2008, 11:25 PM
o_0
10th Gear

Why did I buy my TSX... it was a very good compromise, and I like how it looks.

-Honda dependable quality and very good ownership value
-cool looking car with simple clean lines and tasteful styling
-some good quality without costing more than $30000 and the high of cost of ownership as other luxury cars
-decent gas mileage hopefully, not as much of a gas guzzler as a V6, while still having some power.
-FWD is better than RWD in areas that get snow. AWD of some sort would be cool thou.

If all that matters is horsepower or a V6 without concern for other factors such as cost, practicality, fuel use, dependablity... there are many other choices out there...

Honda and Acura should make their models dependably consistant in looks and quality, as they have in the past.
The new front "extension" with the Acura badge combined with the grill doesn't excite me so far. The wheels looks too "American" to me.

Does Honda pander to Americans cause Amercians are seen as having less taste than other parts of the world?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:49 AM
Berserker (+9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's up with the MatchBox wheels?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the design very much, but I do not like the power/drivetrain.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mokos23
Dare I say it, but the Honda Motor Co is starting to be overrated and is starting to put out crap. I miss the old Honda/Acuras from the late 80s, 90s, and early 00's.
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

I don't think Honda will never be the same with Shigeru Uehara gone.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:13 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile New Poll

Ok guys, since the 09 design for the TSX is out, I am curious as to how what position it puts current TSX owners in

- Upgrade to 09 TSX
- Keep current TSX
or

- Upgrade to different company (BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, etc)

As for me, my original plan was to upgrade to the 09 TSX, but it looks like that won't be happening.
So now I'm a bit frustrated as a loyal Acura customer because it changes one's perception of a brand.

I realized how powerful brand loyalty is, sort of like how sports marketing works: loyal fans will stick with a team no matter how they are doing.

But I don't think it works for this case. Its sad because Acura did an excellent job with the 04-08 models using clean designs, decent technology, and value.

Not sure if its too early but what are everyone's opinion and potential plan?

If you plan on keeping your TSX , thats cool too, and financially smart as well.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Racer

I am definitely going with another car company. I want to get an RWD or AWD for a change. Maybe looking at the next redesign of the IS. Please make that rear leg room bigger on that car.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:56 AM
CGP Ebony

Originally Posted by dlee74
I am definitely going with another car company. I want to get an RWD or AWD for a change. Maybe looking at the next redesign of the IS. Please make that rear leg room bigger on that car.
AWD is a nice choice! Especially with the Pacific Northwest weather we get here.

I went in for an oil change at Acura and boy was it quiet. The lot was pretty bare, cause it looks like they are getting ready for the 09's to roll in.

I asked about the 09's and the service manager kind of cringed at the RL's design but was optimistic about the TL.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by xenonhid
AWD is a nice choice! Especially with the Pacific Northwest weather we get here.

I went in for an oil change at Acura and boy was it quiet. The lot was pretty bare, cause it looks like they are getting ready for the 09's to roll in.

I asked about the 09's and the service manager kind of cringed at the RL's design but was optimistic about the TL.

When you have the money, install some Bridgstone Potenza RE950 tires. That will give you some added traction and works really well. It is pricey but worth it.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I was thinking about changing cars again this year, but given what is currently available on the market, I don't think there is a single car that meets my criteria.

I will either keep my current car until the B8 A4 comes out or I may trade it for a 2008 TSX when the 2009 comes out and get a good deal on it.

Depends on how things will pan out financially.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:59 PM
CGP Ebony

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
I was thinking about changing cars again this year, but given what is currently available on the market, I don't think there is a single car that meets my criteria.

I will either keep my current car until the B8 A4 comes out or I may trade it for a 2008 TSX when the 2009 comes out and get a good deal on it.

Depends on how things will pan out financially.

Are you talking about this piece of beauty?

That is sure sexy.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:01 PM
CGP Ebony

Lightbulb

^^ Are you talking about this sexy beast?

That design is clean!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:39 PM
10th Gear

I've seen a few pics of the '09 TSX and it doesn't look much better than the original to me. I haven't seen the taillights yet and I hope the wheels I saw never see production models! I think Acura is overdue a wheel upgrade to 18", too! I do like the add of auto up/down front passenger windows, but we're still 15 years behind the Germans who have been doing it to all windows since the mid 90's. Does anyone know if the sunroof will be one-touch finally?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Intermediate

It looks like a current TSX with an updated grill. But we have yet to see the interior of this thing so that's why I picked C.

I hope the interior remains simple like it is right now, because I hate the "pilot's cockpit" layout of the RL's interior. There's like 40 buttons in the middle. The scary thing is that it has already spread to the MDX, RDX, and the Honda Accord, so I think the TSX will be similar in that regard as well. The TL is already destined to have the "pilots cockpit" since the Accord already has it.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Pro

I'm sorry but it is ugly. I don't care for the 08 Accord, 09 RL or the 09 TSX..IMO acura has taken a step back in design. I had to vote B. I hope in the next couple years they come out with better designs. Until then I'm running my Cl-s and 07 tsx around for a while. You shouldn't have to justify a design...if the design has created this much negative talk...there is a good reason for it. Common Acura!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 AM
Instructor

IS350 here i come!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Race Director

I'm going Mitsubishi Outlander route as my future daily driver and when the 04 TSX has a lot of issues I'm trading it in for a G35x, but no more Honda/Acura products for me for awhile. Lexus IS350 is nice too, but I think that the maintenance is more expensive than than Infiniti.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 PM
WFC
Intermediate

Not impressed. Quite frankly, I'm glad the wait is over, because now the only Acura that will ever get my attention is the one I currently own.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:46 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Ugly car.
Disappointing specs.
Looks like Infinity, BMW and Audi will be getting visits from me.

I would say Lexus, but I don't like the new IS models. Somebody called them "fat" in another thread, and it is exactly what I had been searching how to describe it. The concepts of the new TSX remind me of that...except worse.

My lease is up in a year and I was hoping to be looking at staying in the Acura family as I have had Acuras for the past 10 years. It is disappointing that I have to admit I don't think it is going to happen. I don't know if Acura would be worried about losing me as a customer, but if there is more than just me, they realliy should start.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bibby
IS350 here i come!
The IS350 is in a completely different league. The friggin car STARTS at $36K. How the hell can you compare the two? If Acura had a $36K version of the TSX, it would kick the IS' ass. The IS handles like crap compared to the TSX. Sure it has tons more power, but again, this is an apples-to-oranges comparison.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Cruisin'

It looks like a slightly modified current gen with a hideous grille. I think I'm going to take this opportunity to trade up to a current gen TL, or get a G37.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by n o o d l z
It looks like a slightly modified current gen with a hideous grille. I think I'm going to take this opportunity to trade up to a current gen TL, or get a G37.
Get the 08' TL-S
Old 02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Cruisin'

Uh, well - hey, I always have liked the way my '04 looked and ran! Think I'll keep it awhile longer.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 PM
4th Gear

nothing beats the old tsx....i love my baby
Old 03-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Pro

I've already voted that I did not like the look of the new TSX...but I have recently seen the new I-Dtec euro accord pics and fell back in love with the tsx. I am hopeing and praying we get a version like this.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/a..._show_2008.html

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_...y.php?id=248430
Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i like the rear end but not the front! ...but i heard you just have to drive it in order to like this car. more options and better qualify stuff inside the car! we'll just hav to sit and wait till is out!

our dealership is gonna start taking the deposit soon!! yay...
Old 03-09-2008, 10:33 AM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

I think it's a conspiracy by Honda to keep the value of the first Generation TSX up! The new generation TSX (as far as styling goes) does not make me want to run into a dealership to test drive it.

This is great news for current owners.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Racer

I have to admit, I'm glad I did not wait for this car ... kinda disappointing unless it looks alot better in person. We ended up trading and getting a 2008 MB C-Class ... love the 4Matic and car all around.
That being said, I still love Acuras, but they probably won't get me to buy another sedan ... when my RDX is off lease I'm getting the MDX (maybe for sure)
Old 03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
It looks like a slightly modified current gen with a hideous grille...
For everyone griping about the new grille, take a good look at the Sports 4 Concept that everyone is raving about and wishing the new TSX looked like... the grille is the same, except the entire thing is chromed (not just the top).

Everyone is bitching "why not the Sports 4"... and "the new grille is hideous"... They gave you a front end similar to the Sports 4 and you don't like it now? I agree, it's not exactly like the Sports 4, but concepts are just that - a "concept". It (the concept vehicle) doesn't pay any attention to bumper laws, new pedestrian safety integration, physics of the car (like an adequate air dam for cooling, absent on the Sports 4), etc. The Sports 4 would have been a massive departure from the current gen, which would have garnered gripes from those faithful to the current gen. It needed to be "evolutionary" or else it wouldn't appeal to the masses.

It's really growing on me, particularly since seeing the Accord pics from Geneva. I think they will have a real winner here.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Cruisin'

I find the 09 TSX front grill to look somewhat awkward/sloppy looking and not very attractive... but then I guess they were trying to copy the "classic" 2005ish Mazda6... i guess it is a decent car, but Acura should be trying for a step above.

... is it just me? Variation of the same grill theme, sure the body is different but even the wheels are almost exactly the same!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

The Mazda looks like one of those battery powered kid cars in contrast.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:54 AM
Intermediate

From the limited pictures available, I can't say I hate or love how the 09 looks. It certainly has a more aggressive appearance and stance, but this has detracted from the smooth overall shape which I felt characterized the first generation TSX. There are parts of the new design I like and parts I hate, but for me to type out each and every one of these would be long and boring.

Overall, my main gripes are the many sudden, sharp corners and edges. They're most obvious in the front and rear bumpers. The first generation TSXs have much a more flowing appearance and the transition from one panel to the next is much smoother. It may just be me, but in some pictures, there seem to be a lot more lines dividing the panels, lip kits, etc., which also take away from its overall appearance.

It's not bad looking, but I just don't love the way it looks as much as I do my 07
Old 03-15-2008, 04:10 AM
CGP Ebony

Talking

Originally Posted by datadr
They gave you a front end similar to the Sports 4 and you don't like it now?
I want what you are smoking cause the 09 TSX does not resemble the sports 4 at all.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:18 AM
CGP Ebony

Originally Posted by jsiu
The first generation TSXs have much a more flowing appearance and the transition from one panel to the next is much smoother.
The clean and unique appearance of the 1st gen TSX was the reason I bought it over the TL plus other cars that offered RWD and etc.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Banned

I think I like the 2nd gen's apearance for the fact that I already decided I like the new MDX and the new RDX. The new TSX is basicly a sedan version of those, and to me they all look unique and bold. They're modern exercises in geometric design. As good as the current TSX is, it's closer to the average car than the new TSX and that will work against the 1G as time passes.

I also thought the TSX looked better than the current TL, it's more elegant. The current TL doesn't flow so well end to end. Then the new Camry came along and stole the TSX's minimalistic profile and got nerd all over it. Someone mentioned that the new TSX looks like the Camry but seriously the Camry is butter knife, the new TSX is a rusty Gerber.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by noki
I find the 09 TSX front grill to look somewhat awkward/sloppy looking and not very attractive... but then I guess they were trying to copy the "classic" 2005ish Mazda6... i guess it is a decent car, but Acura should be trying for a step above.

... is it just me? Variation of the same grill theme, sure the body is different but even the wheels are almost exactly the same!
I kind of see the Mazda thing, but check out this site and you know where Acura got the idea from. http://www.saturn.com/saturn/SaturnIndex.jsp

Yes, Saturn.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by LaZyPiGgY
I kind of see the Mazda thing, but check out this site and you know where Acura got the idea from. http://www.saturn.com/saturn/SaturnIndex.jsp

Yes, Saturn.
Yes, I've also noticed the Saturn style since I've seen the pics of the 2009 TSX... and I've never even bothered to notice Saturns before, they are easy to ignore. The back half of the 2008 Accord looks very Saturn like also. The new Accord seems very odd to me, it looks like a different car from different angles plus looks awkwardly long. Like a focus group compromise.

As for the Camry, they seem to be going for the Buick demographic market. Old bland middle class white people. the same bloated round look.

Mazda style does date from 2004-2005.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Be Yourself: Be Present

2009 TSX unveiled today
Old 03-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Pro

Now that i've seen it and more importantly the specs, looks like time for a BMW
Old 03-19-2008, 10:24 PM
CGP Ebony

Talking

Originally Posted by helraiser
Now that i've seen it and more importantly the specs, looks like time for a BMW
Either that or love the current TSX you have now even more. I know I am.

I feel lucky to have the "limited edition" TSX. Time to treat it even better and get some nice mods for it.

Quick Reply: TSX 2009 Poll