Swirls left by dealer after polish

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swirls left by dealer after polish

So long story short car was purchased from Acura2000 in Ontario as a certified pre owned. The car has low KM and drives great.

I trusted the certified pre owned listing and felt assured the car was never repaired.

Once I got the car home I was cleaning the windows and found a card from a collision repair shop in the GTA in the door still. The car was also sitting In the sun I noticed two different colors on the passenger side doors. There was also a dent in the rear passenger side which was poorly repaired.

All this was noticed after purchase due purchasing the car in winter and low lighting all while the Acura2000 dealership was under renovation. Only an outdoor lot existed.

Passenger side

Drivers side.

After 3 weeks and a new door skin on the car. Acura offered me a polish at no extra cost due to the inconvenience I has do go through. Below was the result of said polish. Not to mention the vehicle was covered inside with shop dust and oil.

ACURA 2000 has repaired the damage however the level of craftsmen ship and attention to detail is terrible. Just be aware when purchasing a used vehicle in the future.

All that aside I'm glad to be a part of the forum and I still love my new car.

Anyone else have a similar used car experience?

I figure once I get a professional polist it will looks great.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:30 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Go to the dealer and tell them to buy the car back as it was clearly not as advertised. Dealers must disclose prior damage.

In addition, that "detail" is a joke. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:50 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
That's terrible. Although with a name like "Acura 2000" that seems fitting. They've been watching too many 80's movies.

If they said clearly that it wasn't in a wreck then you need to sell it back to them like ceb says for false advertising.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:20 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Acura 2000 is known for worse things than a bad detail job. But how is this even detailing? This is exactly the opposite of that lmao
The following users liked this post:
D4nnyD (03-30-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 06:32 PM
Pro

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
not sure if i missed any mention, but what happened to the wheels
Old 03-28-2016, 06:35 PM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanstereo
not sure if i missed any mention, but what happened to the wheels
Car probably comes with them. Looks like it have winters on that set.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:36 PM
09 TL SH AWD /w TECH

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean V
So long story short car was purchased from Acura2000 in Ontario as a certified pre owned. The car has low KM and drives great.

I trusted the certified pre owned listing and felt assured the car was never repaired.

Once I got the car home I was cleaning the windows and found a card from a collision repair shop in the GTA in the door still. The car was also sitting In the sun I noticed two different colors on the passenger side doors. There was also a dent in the rear passenger side which was poorly repaired.

All this was noticed after purchase due purchasing the car in winter and low lighting all while the Acura2000 dealership was under renovation. Only an outdoor lot existed.

Passenger side

Drivers side.

After 3 weeks and a new door skin on the car. Acura offered me a polish at no extra cost due to the inconvenience I has do go through. Below was the result of said polish. Not to mention the vehicle was covered inside with shop dust and oil.

ACURA 2000 has repaired the damage however the level of craftsmen ship and attention to detail is terrible. Just be aware when purchasing a used vehicle in the future.

All that aside I'm glad to be a part of the forum and I still love my new car.

Anyone else have a similar used car experience?

I figure once I get a professional polist it will looks great.
Should've got your Acura from another Acura

But in all honesty I've heard nothing but bad things about that place and their business practices.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:22 AM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
In reality, the holograms can be polished out by someone who is NOT the dealer. I have seen worse, for sure.

It does suck that they didn't disclose the repair info.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:39 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by xtcnrice
Acura 2000 is known for worse things than a bad detail job. But how is this even detailing? This is exactly the opposite of that lmao
Hes right. I've had numerous bad dealings with them. Their service advisers are absolutely worthless, and know nothing about warranty even if you purchased extended warranty. I had to go through customer relations after my service quotes to get warranty work done.. because every service adviser initially told me its not covered.

TBH that car doesnt even look CPO. The paint looks in pretty bad shape. I bought my TSX black in colour CPO and didnt look anything like that... i went to the toronto Acura dealer.

I still go to acura2000 for basic things like oil changes because of my location, but ive learned my lesson about them, and take everything they say with a grain of salt. Don't think i'd ever purchase a car from them.

Last edited by D4nnyD; 03-30-2016 at 09:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (03-31-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Wow that's horrific...