AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   Supercharging the TSX about the do it! (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/supercharging-tsx-about-do-975317/)

Matt Lumpkins 12-03-2018 12:24 AM

Supercharging the TSX about the do it!

Hey guys! So I was pretty much talked out of supercharging or turbo charging my car. Until I was referred to a local performance shop that does great work in my city. I called them, and they were very confident about being able to turbo my car. They turbo cars constantly and got 550HP out of the same TSX as mine. They also build turbo kits. I told them about CT supercharger kits and they already knew what I was talking about and gave it a good review. I found this super charger kit for a good price,

https://www.endlessrpm.com/ct-engine...4-cu2-350-039/

and when I get some extra cash, I am going to pull the trigger. I was hoping for positive responses on this, but I do understand that I will probably get some negative, and that is okay. I appreciate the replies either way. I know this kind of thread is played out, but it is so interesting to me! Especially since it is my car, and is perfect for me except the fact I wish it was a little faster. I don't really want a bigger engine because I like that my car is light. I like the handling, and looks, and everything. I even like the speed and go pretty fast in it, but 50 more HP would be great.

Is there anyone in here that has on on theirs? I know there are, I just don't know if they will see this thread. If so, could I have their handle so I could message them?

Thanks for reading guys! Send pics of you cars too if possible, I would like to see what kind of acuras some of you have. I do look through the gallery a lot too.

antisocial 12-03-2018 12:34 PM

Good luck getting your hands on the CT-E anytime soon, or at all for that matter. They recently closed their doors. If you go to their web page, it states they are under new management, and will soon be bringing back "many" of their old offerings. Go ahead and email them, see what they say.

justnspace 12-03-2018 12:36 PM

this isnt going to be like your getting laid thread is it? where you completely flip 360 and say "just kidding guise, I was never going to do it anyway"

Matt Lumpkins 12-03-2018 01:01 PM

^Haha!

No I really do want to this time. Especially since I found a good local shop.

Yeah I know CT is gone but it looked like that site still had some gear from them but maybe not.

ps you mean flip 180. Flip 360 would mean I did a full rotation and would be kidding still.

antisocial 12-03-2018 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins (Post 16342805)
^Haha!

No I really do want to this time. Especially since I found a good local shop.

Yeah I know CT is gone but it looked like that site still had some gear from them but maybe not.

ps you mean flip 180. Flip 360 would mean I did a full rotation and would be kidding still.

If you are talking the link you posted, you may want to call the vendor. Last I knew, CT-E charger kits have always been made to order, meaning order it, wait for them to build it, then receive a few months later

dopeboy1 12-03-2018 04:26 PM

3,800 + install + tuning for 50 hp.... YIKES!

Matt Lumpkins 12-03-2018 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by dopeboy1 (Post 16342949)

Yeah. I am cool with that. Because then other mods can kind of fuel that. Intake would have more use, exhaust, etc.

Since I know a good place, I feel fine about that.

jobata23 12-04-2018 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by dopeboy1 (Post 16342949)

you get more than that with a proper tune and a good tuner

Midnight Mystery 12-04-2018 04:10 AM

Well... I'm glad you're serious about your car... Glad to see a new member really spending a lot of time here... In general, car forums are old chat rooms with most threads from 5-15 years ago, and hardly any traffic these days... Not AZ!!!

I'm not going anywhere... Going on my 3rd year now... And many of the members here have been so for 10-15 sometimes 18 years... I love that...

And about the TSX... They're really nice cars... I wish you the best... And good idea to call a shop, from your original post I thought you were planning on a $500 eBay turbo installed yourself expecting 500 HP and no loss in reliability...

It's funny, I stll see those threads occasionally...

I was that guy 5 years ago... Back when I though about getting an eBay performance chip to add 50-80 HP, lol... :rofl:

Great enthusiasm!

P.S. The getting laid thread seemed too stupid for you...

Matt Lumpkins 12-04-2018 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16343210)
Well... I'm glad you're serious about your car... Glad to see a new member really spending a lot of time here... In general, car forums are old chat rooms with most threads from 5-15 years ago, and hardly any traffic these days... Not AZ!!!

I'm not going anywhere... Going on my 3rd year now... And many of the members here have been so for 10-15 sometimes 18 years... I love that...

And about the TSX... They're really nice cars... I wish you the best... And good idea to call a shop, from your original post I thought you were planning on a $500 eBay turbo installed yourself expecting 500 HP and no loss in reliability...

It's funny, I stll see those threads occasionally...

I was that guy 5 years ago... Back when I though about getting an eBay performance chip to add 50-80 HP, lol... :rofl:

Great enthusiasm!

P.S. The getting laid thread seemed too stupid for you...

Yeah I guess the thread did make me look like an idiot. Luckily I have a pretty good rep here locally so I can afford to look like an idiot on a board. However that’ll probably be my last spoof thread. I do like this board. You guys have been really helpful.

Im cool with just getting 50hp. With the lightness and already existing speed, 50hp would be a huge boost to me. Especially considering I’m use to a heavy Avalon that’s I drove for almost 10 years. This thing has the same HP and smaller engine but seems twice as fast.

You guys have helped me a lot and that’s awesome. Not sure how I ended up here over the other one. Probably the “fb sign in” button haha lazy and busy = here I am.

Matt Lumpkins 12-04-2018 09:24 AM

Oh : can I ask a question? I’m going to do some research too of course, but what is another good supercharge kit other than CT? These local guys seem like they can just build kits themselves but I’d like to do some research anyway.

justnspace 12-04-2018 09:26 AM

^none. not many companies have built a supercharger for the k24..
one would argue that fabbing up a turbo kit would be easier than sourcing a super charger kit, as many people LOVE to boost the K24 with a snail!!! one would just copy their builds and have 500-700hp on tap.

Matt Lumpkins 12-04-2018 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins (Post 16343317)

Yeah I guess the thread did make me look like an idiot. Luckily I have a pretty good rep here locally so I can afford to look like an idiot on a board. However that’ll probably be my last spoof thread. I do like this board. You guys have been really helpful.

Im cool with just getting 50hp. With the lightness and already existing speed, 50hp would be a huge boost to me. Especially considering I’m use to a heavy Avalon that’s I drove for almost 10 years. This thing has the same HP and smaller engine but seems twice as fast.

You guys have helped me a lot and that’s awesome. Not sure how I ended up here over the other one. Probably the “fb sign in” button haha lazy and busy = here I am.

thank you for the fast reply!

Shit!!!! Well I don’t know if I want a turbo kit because of the lag. I just want faster 0-60 speeds because I live in the city.

justnspace 12-04-2018 09:33 AM

buy a faster car.

Matt Lumpkins 12-04-2018 09:40 AM

I’ve been wishing I got the 350z...until the other day when I needed to carry music equipment. Or the day when I wanted to hang out with two friends. Lol

i may wait for the tlx type S

Oh I almost found a v6 tsx but someone already snatched it up before I could.

Ill keep you guys updated. That shop is looking into options too. I’ll keep searching too.

justnspace 12-04-2018 09:47 AM

right, everyone has their own preference of needs.. in a car, I wanted an entry level luxury sedan with 6MT and a V6.. at the time it was G35's that I was lookin at...salesman knew my criteria and was like...I got the perfect car for you. I sat in the TL and the rest was history.

all that to say; if you wanted torque off the line, should have bought a bigger engine....

CCColtsicehockey 12-11-2018 02:50 PM

You can make decent but not great power with the sueprcharger kits. I am making double stock power on my fully built and tuned 2004. With that said it is still only making 350whp. That is the max you can pretty much make on the comptech blower cause you get to the point the heat created kills any additional possible power cause you have to run 13.5lbs of boost to get to that number. running 15lbs is the max rpm you can spin the blower but heat just kills it. There have been some civics with the same blower that have gotten around 375-400whp with the same blower but to do so you need to run a custom 2.5in aftercooler kit as well as upgrade the cam and valve train in the engine. If you get into it at that point you are just doing it to do so cause to get 400hp quickly you are better off selling the car and switching to something completely different.

Matt Lumpkins 12-11-2018 03:01 PM

Wow! Thank you for this post. I found it to be very inspiring. I would be totally fine with 350HP!!! I would even be okay with just 50hp more. I don't drive fast all the time, but every once in a while I like to get on the freeway and floor it. And there are times when passing that I would like for my down shift to have more kick.

I have considered other cars. The TLX has the 290 HP that felt powerful. But I prefer the design of the TSX. It is such a sexy design and much more aggressive on the tail end, although the TLX has more aggressive headlights and hood.

It would be cheaper to just go ahead and do the super charger. I already have a lot of money invested in this car because I have subs, a new receiver with car play, and am about to get rims.

Midnight Mystery 12-11-2018 03:16 PM

Ok, so "if" the S/C just doesn't work out, keep looking for a V6 TSX, you can swap all of your oars over to that car, and gain 80 HP!

Midnight Mystery 12-11-2018 03:20 PM

Video kinda sucks, but you get the idea!

Midnight Mystery 12-11-2018 03:21 PM

Just showing an alternative, but try to S/C your K24 first if that's what you really want!

Matt Lumpkins 12-11-2018 03:24 PM

I know right! I have been searching for them. I finally found one on carvana but someone snatched it up before I could grab it. Plus, this car is 100% paid for and I own it fully. Which is nice. I already have invested about $1000 or more on car audio, so it would be a real pain to switch that out.. but probably not as hard as adding super charger, haha

Matt Lumpkins 12-11-2018 03:28 PM

Also, my car only has 47k miles.. The V6 tsx that I found, had about 100k...So I would be giving up a lot.

Midnight Mystery 12-11-2018 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins (Post 16348146)
Also, my car only has 47k miles.. The V6 tsx that I found, had about 100k...So I would be giving up a lot.

Oh, ok! A better deal will arise one day...

Do you know if you can get an S/C for your TSX easilly?

Matt Lumpkins 12-11-2018 11:03 PM

Here is one. There are a few available. I think the local shop can do the rest. They can build turbo custom for me but I had rather have S/C

Midnight Mystery 12-11-2018 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Lumpkins (Post 16348425)
Here is one. There are a few available. I think the local shop can do the rest. They can build turbo custom for me but I had rather have S/C

Sounds like a good deal!

Matt Lumpkins 12-11-2018 11:56 PM

Well dang! I meant to post a link. Check this out and tell me what you think!

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/supercha...1320sctvs.html

Midnight Mystery 12-12-2018 12:01 AM

HeelToe is the place to go! ..

Geez, $5K, but 350 hp!

Your car will hit 60 in like 4 seconds with that!!!

You swapping to 6 speed?

Matt Lumpkins 12-12-2018 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery (Post 16348448)
HeelToe is the place to go! ..

Geez, $5K, but 350 hp!

Your car will hit 60 in like 4 seconds with that!!!

You swapping to 6 speed?

The 350hp confused me. I think it is saying that it is capable of handling a 350-400hp system. I am pretty sure these kind of things just offer about 40-50hp but maybe this one is just hardcore.

Midnight Mystery 12-12-2018 01:07 AM

Yeah, 350 is probably with a crap load of other mods... You may be running 240-250 + other, lower-gain, mods you can do!!!

ssjoeboe9 12-18-2018 12:16 PM

:toocool: