Sprint Booster v3 issue.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sprint Booster v3 issue.

Has anyone purchased a Sprint Booster v3? and their thoughts on it?

I just purchased one and been using it for a day and suddenly my "Check Emissions System" light came on... Why would this happen?
Is there a easy fix or to check why this light came on.
How can i remove the light, should I get rid of the Sprint Booster all together?

I just did a plug and play install by disconnecting the plug from my pedal and connecting it with the plugs they provided... thank you
Old 03-29-2017, 10:50 AM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Strictly a guess here, but it doesn't seem logical based on Sprint's site. I don't know how to clear the light, but I am sure it is on here somewhere.

I would reset the light, unplug the Sprint, and see what happens. If the light comes back on, its not the Sprint.

If you can run several days without the light, plug the Sprint back in. If the light comes on, it is the Sprint

Could be something as stupid as electrical noise being generated by the Sprint on the car's electronics systems, or it could be there is some weird programming thing that doesn't like that the Sprint is there, or what it is doing.

I have seen cig lighter chargers for phones trigger radio noise and other abnormalities, so nothing would really surprise me.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 83 Posts
Thanks for the info. I didn't disconnect it yet but the light went away and I went to autozone and it read this code. But the light in dash is gone... should I still precede with your steps ?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by z643167z
Has anyone purchased a Sprint Booster v3? and their thoughts on it?

I just purchased one and been using it for a day and suddenly my "Check Emissions System" light came on... Why would this happen?
Is there a easy fix or to check why this light came on.
How can i remove the light, should I get rid of the Sprint Booster all together?

I just did a plug and play install by disconnecting the plug from my pedal and connecting it with the plugs they provided... thank you
Originally Posted by soupi
Thanks for the info. I didn't disconnect it yet but the light went away and I went to autozone and it read this code. But the light in dash is gone... should I still precede with your steps ?
It's nice that your brother soupi benefits from your post.

This thread will not be deleted.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 83 Posts
Ok sounds good
Old 03-29-2017, 02:42 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
lol nice, the ECU realizes that the throttle positioning sensor is not aligning with the voltage supplied. Now you should just buy a flashpro and do the same thing haha
Old 03-30-2017, 08:41 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
lol nice, the ECU realizes that the throttle positioning sensor is not aligning with the voltage supplied. Now you should just buy a flashpro and do the same thing haha
Or Soupi forgot to tighten his gas cap.

Can I create a second account too? Oh, wait, that's against the rules...
Old 03-30-2017, 08:48 AM
ROTAREDOM

Im confused
Old 03-30-2017, 03:50 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
Im confused
What to be confused about? Soupi logged in to A'zine using the z643167z account. Since the warning light went off probably because of a loose gas cap, the Autozone scan saw no issues. After he got a response, he posted using his "soupi" account (probably forgetting he used the other account initially) and asked f he should still follow the posted advice even though there were no more warning codes.

What soupi doesn't realize is that using the Sprint booster is just like stepping on the gas harder. He also increases the bass, center and treble on their radio and thinks it sounds better.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:15 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
I've never heard of this thing before so I googled it. All it does is trick your car into thinking the pedal is pushed down more than it really is. Whats the point....? Just push down your gas pedal slightly more to get the exact same effect.

Why does this product even exist...........
Old 03-30-2017, 05:56 PM
RTM
Instructor

If the lights are out, I would hang tight. Googling the code didn't tell me anything intelligent.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:57 PM
RTM
Instructor

Originally Posted by opboarding
Who has the quote about separating people from their money by owning an Acura..... You don't have money left for a habit?
Old 03-30-2017, 06:08 PM
ROTAREDOM

Originally Posted by opboarding
I've never heard of this thing before so I googled it. All it does is trick your car into thinking the pedal is pushed down more than it really is. Whats the point....? Just push down your gas pedal slightly more to get the exact same effect.

In manual car specifically it could (can) be helpful when pedal travel is an equivalent ratio to throttle response. If you're wondering.. your stock car is not equivalent. And actually, all Honda does when you use the green "econ" button is reducing throttle response for the same pedal travel (and vice versa for sport mode;with the addition of higher shift points on an auto)

Check our table via flashpro then compare civic Si (the indices are different, but you guys can interpolate)

Si