Notices

Splash Sheild

Old 04-06-2019, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Splash Sheild

Hey guys. I have been hearing weird noises under my car. I thought it was the brakes or suspension at first because it squeaks when I hit bumps and makes a grinding/dragging sound.

Well today I heard a new noise and noticed that there was a piece of plastic hanging down under my car. I took it to pep boys and they said that the whole splash shield needs to be replaced and that they do not carry the part.

I looked online and Front Engine and Fender seem to be the main part I can find. It is looking like there are multiple parts that I have to buy, but the way they were talking was like there was just going to be one.

Can someone please help link me to something that would be the correct fit? In the meantime I will continue to look. They said that I could only get it from the dealer but I do not believe that.

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Liked 596 Times in 461 Posts
bernardiparts
curryacuraparts

both have illustrations on the site.

I'm assuming you need the large center splash shield. Also all the clips and hardware.

Its going to be expensive...you should try and charge back whomever left it loose during your last oil change or service.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Liked 56 Times in 47 Posts
You might look to see if it's just missing some clips/retainers and/or screws. Unless the metal splash shield is actually missing entirely.

Get familiar with the diagrams, but here is what you are looking at: https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2010...-front-fenders
The following users liked this post: t3hhcaptain
jdmjustin (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 09:35 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by t3hhcaptain View Post
You might look to see if it's just missing some clips/retainers and/or screws. Unless the metal splash shield is actually missing entirely.

Get familiar with the diagrams, but here is what you are looking at: https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2010...-front-fenders
I noticed when I bought my car I was missing some clips/retainers. I highly recommend getting those sorted out, as it sounds like that this is your issue. Unless the shield is too far gone.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
I recently purchased (a little over a month ago) an 09 TSX Base with 132k miles on the odometer. I was actually somewhat relieved to find the splash shield on this TSX missing when I went to service the transmission with a drain/fill x3 with MaxLife synthetic ATF which I do with every used Honda I've purchased. I say to "somewhat relieved" because it is such a PIA to remove/replace the splash shield on my 12 Honda Accord to perform a transmission service and I was not looking forward to removing the splash shield on this car for every service.

I don't know how long my TSX has been without the splash shield, but there is no perceptible road or wind noise associated with the missing shield, the car is extremely clean underneath...notwithstanding it's a 10 yr old car with >130k miles.

I will be leaving mine "as-is" without the splash shield...
Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Liked 596 Times in 461 Posts
Originally Posted by jjrphs View Post
I recently purchased (a little over a month ago) an 09 TSX Base with 132k miles on the odometer. I was actually somewhat relieved to find the splash shield on this TSX missing when I went to service the transmission with a drain/fill x3 with MaxLife synthetic ATF which I do with every used Honda I've purchased. I say to "somewhat relieved" because it is such a PIA to remove/replace the splash shield on my 12 Honda Accord to perform a transmission service and I was not looking forward to removing the splash shield on this car for every service.

I don't know how long my TSX has been without the splash shield, but there is no perceptible road or wind noise associated with the missing shield, the car is extremely clean underneath...notwithstanding it's a 10 yr old car with >130k miles.

I'm guessing you live somewhere that they don't salt the roads.
Old Today, 09:42 AM
ceb
Registered Member

Liked 1,151 Times in 855 Posts
Originally Posted by jjrphs View Post

Not a good idea. Along with keeping the underbody bits clean, it is an integral part of regulating engine temps.