Splash Guards - '12 TSX SE

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Splash Guards - '12 TSX SE

Are there any ACURA OEM Splash Guards for the SE?? no issues finding them for the base model... just wondering if the underbody kit has anything to do with it, or if its just me that cant find it anywhere online.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
the underbody kit interferes with the aero side skirts mounting point so you cant add mudflaps without heavy modifications to your oem side skirts
Old 03-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
figured as much. Thanks Killer
Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerG
the underbody kit interferes with the aero side skirts mounting point so you cant add mudflaps without heavy modifications to your oem side skirts or to the splash guards.
Fixed it for you
Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Yep yep, I don't know how you would do it, defcon it though with his type s replica skirts. I imagine you would still mount the
Splash into their oem points and slice of the skirts so they terminate into them somehow. I quite like the mud flaps
Old 03-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerG
Yep yep, I don't know how you would do it, defcon it though with his type s replica skirts. I imagine you would still mount the
Splash into their oem points and slice of the skirts so they terminate into them somehow. I quite like the mud flaps
but that would void your warranty could take off the side skirts and put on regular ones and mudflaps if you really want
Old 03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PyroDave
but that would void your warranty could take off the side skirts and put on regular ones and mudflaps if you really want
It would only void the warranty on your moon roof
Old 07-31-2012, 03:21 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but theoretically, the rear flaps should be able to fit on the SE rear bumper. Can anyone confirm this? The fronts need modification obviously.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep in mind, the splash guards make your wheels and track look sorta skinny from behind. They flare out over the body work and tires. Bad design IMO. After a couple of months I removed mine (my '11 came with that splash guards, trunk tray, and wheel locks) and I prefer the clean look.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by spyked
Keep in mind, the splash guards make your wheels and track look sorta skinny from behind. They flare out over the body work and tires. Bad design IMO. After a couple of months I removed mine (my '11 came with that splash guards, trunk tray, and wheel locks) and I prefer the clean look.
Uhhh, the purpose of splash guards is to save your wheel arches from damage. Accordingly, they have to "flare out." Not a bad design at all - just one that you apparently don't like.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ceb
Uhhh, the purpose of splash guards is to save your wheel arches from damage. Accordingly, they have to "flare out." Not a bad design at all - just one that you apparently don't like.
Uhhh...more often than not, splash guards don't protect anything and certainly don't guard the car from splashes. In fact, as I found out, they actually damage the paint (could have been crap "installation" work) and TRAP chemicals and salt (on front guards). ***If anyone gets them added on, be super-careful during installation and especially during removal.***

You might not like it, or realize it, but Honda USA is known for adding this extra stuff on cars at port/dealer so they can charge more money. Happened since the 1980's when my parents were buying them. Fact is, Honda/Acura designed the car from a looks point of view without splash guards. As Honda (especially Acura) owners, we gotta take what little good there is from a looks point of view. The splash guards, in my opinion, make the cars wheels look small and in-set from the body. Camry/Corolla anyone?

Whatever floats your boat, obviously, just adding my opinion for the OPs consideration before he/she goes cutting up his factory-fresh car.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I was leaving work yesterday and a few parking spaces from my car was another 2nd gen TSX in my color. (first time I have seen another GBM in person) Anyways, mine has the splash guards, body side moldings, and wing spoiler while the other TSX had none of these accessories. It looked so PLAIN to me compared to mine. I love the added lines these accessories make to the car. just my .02
Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by 09TSXer
I was leaving work yesterday and a few parking spaces from my car was another 2nd gen TSX in my color. (first time I have seen another GBM in person) Anyways, mine has the splash guards, body side moldings, and wing spoiler while the other TSX had none of these accessories. It looked so PLAIN to me compared to mine. I love the added lines these accessories make to the car. just my .02
i'll partially agree with this. Bigman09 has a VBP with the splash guards and wing, and mine is clean. i love the way the splash guard looks, the wing is not my thing, i love the decklid spoiler. body side moldings arent my thing though. this is all opinion though
Old 08-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 508 Likes on 315 Posts
Lets see some pictures from all angles Iwas thinking about these but maybe not if it makes it look skinny from behind
Old 08-01-2012, 05:12 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by spyked
Uhhh...more often than not, splash guards don't protect anything and certainly don't guard the car from splashes. In fact, as I found out, they actually damage the paint (could have been crap "installation" work) and TRAP chemicals and salt (on front guards). ***If anyone gets them added on, be super-careful during installation and especially during removal.***

You might not like it, or realize it, but Honda USA is known for adding this extra stuff on cars at port/dealer so they can charge more money. Happened since the 1980's when my parents were buying them. Fact is, Honda/Acura designed the car from a looks point of view without splash guards. As Honda (especially Acura) owners, we gotta take what little good there is from a looks point of view. The splash guards, in my opinion, make the cars wheels look small and in-set from the body. Camry/Corolla anyone?

Whatever floats your boat, obviously, just adding my opinion for the OPs consideration before he/she goes cutting up his factory-fresh car.
This is one man's opinion folks, but I beg to differ. After 172K miles and 7 and half years, the splash guards on my 05 have done an amazing job of protecting the side skirts and the rear bumper from any damage caused by flying debri from the tires. And if you run aftermarket wheels with less offset, they're even more critical. I won't disagree that they can wear the paint under them, but as long as you leave them on, so what? I've always been a fan of OE splash guards, and Honda has always done a nice job with them (all just my opinion of course....).
Old 08-01-2012, 06:25 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Simba91102
This is one man's opinion folks, but I beg to differ. After 172K miles and 7 and half years, the splash guards on my 05 have done an amazing job of protecting the side skirts and the rear bumper from any damage caused by flying debri from the tires. And if you run aftermarket wheels with less offset, they're even more critical. I won't disagree that they can wear the paint under them, but as long as you leave them on, so what? I've always been a fan of OE splash guards, and Honda has always done a nice job with them (all just my opinion of course....).
I wasn't going to reply to him because he equates "I don't like how they look" with "bad design."

An easy way of eliminating any paint damage caused by the guards is to prep the area properly before installation and to cover the area behind the guards with a piece of clearbra. That's available in rolls at virtually any auto parts store.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:20 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
I wasn't going to reply to him because he equates "I don't like how they look" with "bad design."

An easy way of eliminating any paint damage caused by the guards is to prep the area properly before installation and to cover the area behind the guards with a piece of clearbra. That's available in rolls at virtually any auto parts store.
Have the guards on my tsx with no plans to take them off. If the paint behind them is damaged the guards cover it.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Advanced

guys, guys, I feel like I should say, I'm not straight up hatin on some plastic splash guards. I lived with mine for almost a year! I'm saying, for the OP who has a brand new SE, consider the guards from all sides. The SE is different because you can't just put them on, you have to mess up the factory's nice work on the extra bits of car the SE gives you. If there is any chance you will decide the guards take away from the look of the car, you'll hate yourself if you went and screwed with the actual panels of the car.

I honestly don't care if every TSX has guards. I notice lots of Altimas have them too. I'm just saying, IN THIS CASE, it's not as easy to add and remove them since they aren't SE specific guards. Be sure you want them.

Didn't realize this board would have such attitude and be so unwelcoming of opinions.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I wish I knew this before I bought them...
Old 06-17-2014, 08:03 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Originally Posted by curtdragon
I wish I knew this before I bought them...
Hey if you have a BWP, sell me the rears
Old 06-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
Hey if you have a BWP, sell me the rears
I'm sending them back for a refund since i can't use them. Only would sell them as a set
Old 06-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by curtdragon
I'm sending them back for a refund since i can't use them. Only would sell them as a set
I have CBP