Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sale?

Hello everyone! Been reading some posts here thinking about getting a new TSX and decided to do some research and opinions =]

I wasnt sure what section to ask this question i couldnt find a general Acura section to this website so thought i would ask here.

With the economy struggling and Automotive sales down, many companies accordingly increased incentives to boost sales. I hear Infiniti has 0% APR and i also hear from a source that Lexus will be holding a significant sell later this month.

That being said i was wondering if Acura would be doing the same thing. To match with its competitors. Because i was pretty bent on getting a TSX but with the 0% APR that infiniti has and who knows what Lexus will offer...it might not be bad looking at more tad expensive cars like the IS and G37.

I read in a post somewhere there are some people here that work at dealerships and what not? if you guys could help me out thatd be great =] Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Instructor

There are no programs that I know of coming up for the TSX. The new TL already has a special money factor, but they never really needed to put a huge push on TSXs. We do have specials on Civics which is unheard of, so they might do something on next months programs. I'll keep everyone posted on this thread.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Too much chrome

I've been waiting for a incentive on the TSX since early october, and I think something is on the horizon. If not incentives through the manufacturer, through the dealers... which at this point are struggling to sell cars.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Instructor

The dealers can't make up incentives. They either get special financing from their bank and/or the get dealer cash / rebates from the manufacturer. If they don't have these things, invoice is invoice. That can't be changed.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Too much chrome

Originally Posted by AustinJay
The dealers can't make up incentives. They either get special financing from their bank and/or the get dealer cash / rebates from the manufacturer. If they don't have these things, invoice is invoice. That can't be changed.
Well, I was referring to an incentive to buy. I think in the next couple of months you can start pushing the dealers far below invoice for the TSX, whereas a couple of months ago none of them would give it to you for below msrp.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by elezam
Well, I was referring to an incentive to buy. I think in the next couple of months you can start pushing the dealers far below invoice for the TSX, whereas a couple of months ago none of them would give it to you for below msrp.
Yeah, that is true, but you aren't going too get to far back of invoice. The only thing they have is holdback to keep the deal positive. Even if they give up all the profit, you are only looking at $3300 off. Which is good, but no where as good as $7000 off on 08 TL's. You aren't going to see better than that unless we get incentives or make money elsewhere in the deal. Remember, dealerships are in it to make money, not lose money.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Instructor

Yeah, that is true, but you aren't going too get to far back of invoice. The only thing they have is holdback to keep the deal positive. Even if they give up all the profit, you are only looking at $3300 off. Which is good, but no where as good as $7000 off on 08 TL's. You aren't going to see better than that unless we get incentives or make money elsewhere in the deal. Remember, dealerships are in it to make money, not lose money.
^Word on the dealerships are in it to make money, a lot of people don't seem to understand that at all, and I have a feeling $7000 off 08 TL's still isn't good enough for some people.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Too much chrome

Originally Posted by LaZyPiGgY
^Word on the dealerships are in it to make money, a lot of people don't seem to understand that at all, and I have a feeling $7000 off 08 TL's still isn't good enough for some people.
On the flipside, some dealerships don't seem to understand people want to pay the least amount possible for their new car
Old 11-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Instructor

On the flipside, some dealerships don't seem to understand people want to pay the least amount possible for their new car
Have you ever knowingly spent more money on something for convenience, customer service, and trust. The best price isn't always the best deal.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:50 PM
7th Gear

There are no programs that I know of coming up for the TSX. The new TL already has a special money factor, but they never really needed to put a huge push on TSXs. We do have specials on Civics which is unheard of, so they might do something on next months programs. I'll keep everyone posted on this thread.
Thanks very much Austin. We went to the dealership the past two days and got 5.9% APR at best...and also couple hundred above invoice for the 2009 TSX. Still pretty dang pricey especially if we compare it to other companies with sales/incentives going on. Its a pretty good deal at the moment but my family and I were initially looking for 20-25k but liked the TSX so we dont wanna get too out of hand.

Hey Austin or anyone, we are kind of in need of a car soon but willing to wait til December. One reason why were scared to take this offer is if they do come out with specials and incentives right after we buy it. So that being said what are the chances of Acura having a big sale AFTER December? Because if they dont come out with any incentives during December we might just take the deal or try an alternative.

Thanks everyone again for your inputs.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tokpoki
Thanks very much Austin. We went to the dealership the past two days and got 5.9% APR at best...and also couple hundred above invoice for the 2009 TSX. Still pretty dang pricey especially if we compare it to other companies with sales/incentives going on. Its a pretty good deal at the moment but my family and I were initially looking for 20-25k but liked the TSX so we dont wanna get too out of hand.

Hey Austin or anyone, we are kind of in need of a car soon but willing to wait til December. One reason why were scared to take this offer is if they do come out with specials and incentives right after we buy it. So that being said what are the chances of Acura having a big sale AFTER December? Because if they dont come out with any incentives during December we might just take the deal or try an alternative.

Thanks everyone again for your inputs.
That's actually a really good deal. They are using their buy rate and giving a better price than most people are quoted ($595 over is average)

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, we never know when Honda is coming out with incentives. It just happens. It's usually at the beginning of the month, but on occasions, they come out mid month. Like I said, I will keep you updated. Feel free to ask anymore questions.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:16 AM
7th Gear

yea were getting a really good deal, mostly due to we alrdy have a MDX from Acura and service it A LOT there and credit is great. Also parents are thinking about getting a 09 TL also so they treat us pretty well...but like i said we might feel good about making a good deal right now but itd be a huge bummer if a couple weeks later they come out with -10% financing!!! just kidding but you know what i mean x]

but thanks a lot for your input =]

I guess one final question i have is does Acura have a lot of incentives/sales for their current models? For instance, i know Lexus always has their December to Remember thing how is Acura on giving specials from time to time? I know it might be different since the economy is sluggish but just wondering.

I hear Acura is really good with inventory x.x good for them but bad for bargaining and incentives x]
Old 11-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Instructor

Ok, I have some food for thought. If it's a good deal, don't wait. Things will always get better. When the good incentives start, you probably won't want the TSX. You'll want the new thing out that has no incentives. It's just how things are.

To answer your question though. You will see an overall push during the holidays, but you probably won't see much on the TSX. The most I can see them doing is giving out 3.9%, but I don't know. This is all just speculation. I'll let you know when I get wind of anything.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Too much chrome

I don't know why Acura isn't offering anything good, people can get some really slick deals on a G37 nowadays... and I mean really slick deals
Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
I don't know why Acura isn't offering anything good, people can get some really slick deals on a G37 nowadays... and I mean really slick deals
Nissan has 'bet the farm' on the VQ. While this is a strong engine, it's not the most fuel efficient motor out there. If buyers are sensitive to economy, then Nissan has no 'plan b'. If they are already incentivizing the G37, times must be hard indeed.
http://www.workforce.com/section/00/...e/25/90/52.php

At least Honda isn't laying people off, in fact, they just opened their newest plant.
http://www.reuters.com/article/chrys...4AG7DU20081118
Old 11-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

'Cuase Acura is cocky. They know folks will pay invoice(?) for their cars!

Last edited by Ikko; 11-20-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:02 AM
7th Gear

haha not only are they cocky, their sales on the TSX is higher than last year =p hopefully theyll be a little generous this coming month especially since the outlook on the auto-industry next year kinda sucks...

my dealership told me theyd call yesterday but havnt yet...think theyre just messing with me...but ill probably wait til the first week of december to see if anything happens...

maybe tho im seeing sales popping up everywhere
Old 11-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Please! You guys make it sound like buying a car at invoice is an entitlement. It's not. It will sell at a given price if/when the market demands it. If the market demands that Infiniti sell their new G37 at invoice, then that should tell you something about the car or the demand for it.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:42 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Colin
Please! You guys make it sound like buying a car at invoice is an entitlement. It's not. It will sell at a given price if/when the market demands it. If the market demands that Infiniti sell their new G37 at invoice, then that should tell you something about the car or the demand for it.
Who said anything about it being an entitlement o_O no matter what the market is like, getting a really cheap price is good in my opinion O_O even if everyone else is getting that price also
Old 11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Instructor

It's already in another post, but I wanted to let everyone know about the new 2009 TSX special APR. They have 0.9% up to 36 months and 2.9% up to 60 months. Also an special lease program available also. Let me know if anyone is in the socal area and needs help.