Orlando NavTraffic Flow Data

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando NavTraffic Flow Data

Has anyone heard when the NavTraffic flow data will be available for the Orlando area?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
No, haven't heard a thing. I live in Orlando and have been waiting two years. Flow data has been available here about that long so I don't know what they're waiting for. Buy an iPhone and check it that way. That's what I did
Old 10-26-2008, 02:03 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
No, haven't heard a thing. I live in Orlando and have been waiting two years. Flow data has been available here about that long so I don't know what they're waiting for. Buy an iPhone and check it that way. That's what I did
Yea .. I know I do use my iPhone to do the same thing ... but it would be nice if the traffic flow was also on the GPS like it is in Tampa less than 100 miles away !!! I went to Bush Gardens last week and happen to notice the colored lines (green, red, yellow) on my 09 TSX (1st time I noticed it) and thought cool they must have updated Orlando also while I was down there. Started to head back to Orlando on I-4 and BAM the colored overlay stopped just outside of the Tampa area. DAMM !!

I called XM and they don't seem to have a clue when it will be implemented in the Orlando area. Looks like I will not renew my the NavTraffic portion of the XM service after my 3 free months is over.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
XM has done so little to keep the NavTraffic feed up to date, it makes me wonder how committed they are to the service.

They offer traffic incidents in Orlando, but as you probably have noticed, that's useless without flow data. I never signed up after my 3 month trial. I don't really care if there is an accident or not. What we really need to know is how does that affect us. Without the flow data there's no way to know if it's off to the side of the road and having no affect, OR, if it's a 3 mile backup. It's basically useless information and certainly not worth paying for.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
XM has done so little to keep the NavTraffic feed up to date, it makes me wonder how committed they are to the service.

They offer traffic incidents in Orlando, but as you probably have noticed, that's useless without flow data. I never signed up after my 3 month trial. I don't really care if there is an accident or not. What we really need to know is how does that affect us. Without the flow data there's no way to know if it's off to the side of the road and having no affect, OR, if it's a 3 mile backup. It's basically useless information and certainly not worth paying for.
I agree 100%. Let's hope the flow data will be added soon.