AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   New Here Acura TSX 2009 (Base) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/new-here-acura-tsx-2009-base-973449/)

Rinqzy 09-22-2018 10:18 PM

New Here Acura TSX 2009 (Base)

Hello! I am now a part of the Acura family. I have a 2009 Acura TSX Base model 5AT and I would like to know any tips on my vehicle that maybe I wouldn’t know upon purchasing. Thank you and please feel free to let me know on any secrets

Ron A 09-23-2018 07:48 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies, and not a "New Member Introduction", this thread has been moved to the model specific forum.

2012wagon 09-23-2018 11:15 AM

Welcome

maintain it
enjoy it
take care of it, and it will take care of you till 500k Miles

fbt 09-23-2018 11:50 AM

Welcome, and check out the pinned posts on the top for typical problems and fixes.

Rinqzy 09-23-2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 16302060)
Welcome

maintain it
enjoy it
take care of it, and it will take care of you till 500k Miles

Thanks I plan to! My first car as well.

evasq809 10-06-2018 09:21 AM

Issues with a code P0339

Hello everyone,
I really need advice or pointers on what to do next, I have an Acura TSX 2009 and its been giving me issues for the past couple of months and i don't know what it could be. In most mornings or every morning when i go to start my car it takes a while to start and when it finally does start all the service lights you can think of come on my dashboard, looks like a Christmas tree. My steering wheel doesn't move and the break pedal and stiff as well so in order to operate my car i have to turn off the car and then turn it on again but there is times where i have to do this procedure 1-3 times every morning. The code indicates that its a crankshaft sensor "A circuit". i swapped out two of those sensors each located in different areas of the motor, one underneath and the other within the motor and the problem persist. Help Please!!!

I Deliver Tofu 12-16-2018 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by evasq809 (Post 16308723)
Hello everyone,
I really need advice or pointers on what to do next, I have an Acura TSX 2009 and its been giving me issues for the past couple of months and i don't know what it could be. In most mornings or every morning when i go to start my car it takes a while to start and when it finally does start all the service lights you can think of come on my dashboard, looks like a Christmas tree. My steering wheel doesn't move and the break pedal and stiff as well so in order to operate my car i have to turn off the car and then turn it on again but there is times where i have to do this procedure 1-3 times every morning. The code indicates that its a crankshaft sensor "A circuit". i swapped out two of those sensors each located in different areas of the motor, one underneath and the other within the motor and the problem persist. Help Please!!!

Should have started a new thread but it sounds like you either have an aftermarket starter or a factory starter that's worn. What happens is the starter isn't turning the crank over at the correct speed and it will think the timing is off thus throwing a crank code.
When your car is just turning over does it sound like the starter is "skipping" or turning over at different rates? Does it turn slow then speed up?
And when a crank sensor code throws it may put the car into "limp mode" which is why it acts different while driving.
Not saying this is your problem but it is a common issue with these K24 motors.
Usually listening to the starter will confirm your diagnosis, it'll just sound "off".
Also check for any other codes it may be throwing.

OR you could have a software issue. I know this pertains to Accords but it's the same engine in the vehicle but I'm not 100% sure it affects Acura's vehicles but it's worth checking out.
Honda service bulletin 09-050 - Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice | Automotive Repair Tips and How-To

evasq809 12-16-2018 01:59 PM

Very Helpful!!

Thank you for the advice, I will speak to my mechanic to try and see if i can swap out my starter, last time i had that fixed I’m not sure if it was an original part to begin with but it sure sounded different then when i had the original starter of the car. So maybe its that. Do you recommend not buying after market parts for certain areas?

Bward7 02-04-2019 10:50 PM

The only issue I have had with my 2009 is some light oil consumption. Not a fun issue, but I just check it regularly and it doesn't give me any fits.