Need Help With Radio Pin #, Battery Died

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need Help With Radio Pin #, Battery Died

Hi everyone!
Last night I had to replace my battery and they were unable to retain the memory, so I no longer had a stereo or navigation. I went to the Acura website today and was able to retrieve the codes, but there is a problem. The navigation code works and I do have my navigation back. Now, on the dial screen, it still says "Enter Code" but the main screen shows the navigation menu and now i have no way to enter the code for the radio., So, I removed the back up fuse to get back to to the code screen on the DVD screen, but still the when I enter the stereo code it says it is not correct. I am the 2nd owner of this car but do have the maintenance records which show that the stereo was not replaced which was my first thought. According to the manual, if I enter the incorrect code 10 times, I must leave the system on for 1 hour before trying again. I am not certain if i have exceeded the 10 time limit. Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fixed~ never mind

Never mind, i found some other sources and was able to get it working!
Old 11-15-2016, 11:11 AM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Glad we could help.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:36 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the same problem w/ my son's car. I changed the battery, & now he can't use the radio because we don't have the codes. Where do I find info on the codes? It's a 2000 TL.
thnks y'all
Old 11-19-2016, 09:44 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gone to the Acura.com website, & there are directions for the code. When I pop in the correct info, I'll see what is displayed. Hopefully, it will work for his car.
I also replaced the radiator last weekend. Not so hard. Most difficult is popping those pins in that hold all the plastic underneath. Also, man, the front tires certainly do wear fast. We haven't had the car a year, & the front tires wore rather quickly. I reminded my son repeatedly to check the air in them, but he didn't, & so when I replaced the battery & radiator, I noticed the bald tires. I'll have to hold back a percentage of his allowance for about a year to compensate.
Thanks, y'all
Patriccio
Old 11-21-2016, 10:43 AM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Patriccio
I'm having the same problem w/ my son's car. I changed the battery, & now he can't use the radio because we don't have the codes. Where do I find info on the codes? It's a 2000 TL.
thnks y'all
On my TL, they were inside the manual on a sticker. Seems like they were also on a sticker inside the glove box, or on the side of the stereo. There used to be a website to retrieve them, looks like it is still live.

https://radio-navicode.acura.com/