Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Pros and Cons of my new TSX

Pros and cons so far.
PRO: Love the styling
Love how the engine is so willing to rev
Handles like it's on rails
In sprirted driving,really like how quick it shifts with the paddles.
Seats are very comfortable
Love and I mean love the HID's.
Love how quick and responsive the brakes are.
Like auto dimming mirror.
Like the tilt down feature of the RH mirror in rev. Really helps when parking.
Love how quite the HVAC fan is. I'm really anal about fan noise and this car is just as good as the Pac was and that car was the best I have ever heard[or not heard for that matter]
The car is just a blast to drive and I use any excuse to drive it.
CON: Lack of a heated back for the pass seat. Wife has already commented on that and it's not even -30 yet.
Cannot program the horn to toot when locking the doors with the remote.
You can program the power seats to automaticly move to your seating position with the key fob. ie: I have a key and the wife has a key,both set different. BUT,if you move the seat for what ever reason with seat controls,the memory is lost. Not a good feature.
Miss the good "thud" of an americian car door closing. Does not sound tinny like the japannese cars of the 70's,but still not as nice as the Pac was.
Factory XM radio. If I had the choice I would have sirius. Not sure if we will renew after the 3 month trial. Had sirius in the Pac and would never go back to regular radio.
Numb feel of the P/S at highway speeds. It is getting better,though
Old 10-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can program the TSX to have an audible "chirp" when you lock the car, you just need to customize your MID settings. Also, I just upgraded my XM subscription to include the best of Sirius so I can get Stern and some other unique Sirius channels.
Can't say I am much of an "enthusiast" on the road, but even though many do critic the steering, I give high props for Acura giving a very nice feeling steering wheel. At Audi/BMW you have to pay to upgrade to something that feels that nice!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Advanced

"You can program the power seats to automaticly move to your seating position with the key fob. ie: I have a key and the wife has a key,both set different. BUT,if you move the seat for what ever reason with seat controls,the memory is lost. Not a good feature. "

Not real sure what you mean here, but if you move the seat all you have to do to get it back to the memory position is hit the 1 or 2 button on the door to move it back. Or, after you exit the car the next time you unlock it with the correct remote it will move the seat back to the memory linked with that remote.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RigaTony82
"You can program the power seats to automaticly move to your seating position with the key fob. ie: I have a key and the wife has a key,both set different. BUT,if you move the seat for what ever reason with seat controls,the memory is lost. Not a good feature. "

Not real sure what you mean here, but if you move the seat all you have to do to get it back to the memory position is hit the 1 or 2 button on the door to move it back. Or, after you exit the car the next time you unlock it with the correct remote it will move the seat back to the memory linked with that remote.
My Bad. Was reading the manual wrong. You are correct.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GusterFan
You can program the TSX to have an audible "chirp" when you lock the car, you just need to customize your MID settings. Also, I just upgraded my XM subscription to include the best of Sirius so I can get Stern and some other unique Sirius channels.
Can't say I am much of an "enthusiast" on the road, but even though many do critic the steering, I give high props for Acura giving a very nice feeling steering wheel. At Audi/BMW you have to pay to upgrade to something that feels that nice!
That chrip is a joke. I live in Canada and XM and sirius are still independent of each other.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
"Lack of a heated back for the pass seat. Wife has already commented on that and it's not even -30 yet"

This one is absolutely ridicules for a premium car. Even if it's not a 40k car
Old 10-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by levistar
That chrip is a joke.
I don't think so...its a lot better than an obnoxious horn beep.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
+1 on that one...although I wish it was just a wee bit louder than this, maybe like my 06 TSX...
Old 10-27-2008, 03:54 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
there isn't a heated passenger seat anymore?
Old 10-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jiggaman
there isn't a heated passenger seat anymore?
On the passenger side, only the bum gets warm, not the back portion, I think the 06 TSX was that too, can't recall....
Old 10-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
To each them own. That is why it is PROGRAMABLE. But the chrip is a joke.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:31 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by cyberbro
"Lack of a heated back for the pass seat. Wife has already commented on that and it's not even -30 yet"

This one is absolutely ridicules for a premium car. Even if it's not a 40k car
tsx, a premium car? i would say TSX is bar-minimum entry level luxury car..
rear seat warmers are usually reserved for at least mid-grade luxury cars.. lol..
Old 11-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joedaddy
rear seat warmers are usually reserved for at least mid-grade luxury cars.. lol..
Acura is the premium line for Honda,so yes I would say it is a premium car. No one said anything about REAR seat warmers.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by levistar
Pros and cons so far.
CON: Lack of a heated back for the pass seat. Wife has already commented on that and it's not even -30 yet.
Yes this puzzles me too. I dont think it has ever had a warmer in the Psg seat back. I remember someone before saying its because of the Airbag sensor in the seat, but lots of other cars have them. I wonder if the TL has it?

My Jetta has a warmer in the psg seat back...this is really unacceptable for an entry-level luxury car.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Cruisin'

Honda has done this on their 03+ Accords, and most of the MY TSX's I believe, due to the pass. airbag weight sensor leaving no room for the heating coils.

Originally Posted by cp3117
Yes this puzzles me too. I dont think it has ever had a warmer in the Psg seat back. I remember someone before saying its because of the Airbag sensor in the seat, but lots of other cars have them. I wonder if the TL has it?

My Jetta has a warmer in the psg seat back...this is really unacceptable for an entry-level luxury car.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by s2kbdub
Honda has done this on their 03+ Accords, and most of the MY TSX's I believe, due to the pass. airbag weight sensor leaving no room for the heating coils.
I heard that also which is funny because my car has the airbag sensor too along with most other cars....You think they could figure a way out to do that or else its one hell of a big sensor.

Probably just trying to cut costs......
Old 11-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joedaddy

Go back to sleep!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:41 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by 09TSX
+1 on that one...although I wish it was just a wee bit louder than this, maybe like my 06 TSX...
Wow I thought the chirp on my 06 needed to be a bit louder. My husband can not hear it. I am waiting for the 2010 acuras to arrive.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Intermediate

very happy with my tsx so far. i used to have a civic and it's a huge improvement. sure, it's not as luxurious as a bmw or lexus, but it's entry level and it's good enough for me right now.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by cp3117
Probably just trying to cut costs......
No, nothing to do with cutting costs, it costs them more. The sensor(s) is a network of lines that run under the seatback leather to sense the height of the passenger. They work in conjunction with the OPDS, and seatbelt buckle sensor to operate the front airbag auto cutoff system. The heating element would interfere with this safety system.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Colin
No, nothing to do with cutting costs, it costs them more. The sensor(s) is a network of lines that run under the seatback leather to sense the height of the passenger. They work in conjunction with the OPDS, and seatbelt buckle sensor to operate the front airbag auto cutoff system. The heating element would interfere with this safety system.
I hear ya, but it still think it has to do with cutting costs. The other problem could be that Honda cant figure out how to combine the two but i doubt that as most other manufacturers have done it.

My 2006 2.0T/GLI has the same safety feature as the TSX and also has the full psg heated seat (not just the seat bottom). This was one of many reasons for making my decision back in 2006 as i felt Acura cut lots of corners with the TSX on the little things just to save money.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Hmm must be a cold weather thing... hear in sunny Southern California, I find no use for heated seats or mirrors. I wonder if Acura bases these features on # of sales in certain regions? Then makes a compromise. Now ventilated air cooled seats would be awesome. Lol!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by CybrRdr
Hmm must be a cold weather thing... hear in sunny Southern California, I find no use for heated seats or mirrors. I wonder if Acura bases these features on # of sales in certain regions? Then makes a compromise. Now ventilated air cooled seats would be awesome. Lol!
I agree with you-have never used the heated seats but cool seats would be nice.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts
Hmm must be a cold weather thing... hear in sunny Southern California, I find no use for heated seats or mirrors.
Cybr, you must be single. Even on a warm July night, my wife turns the bun warmers on...women flock to heated seats like there's no tomorrow...along with dual climate control, seat warmers are actually relationship savers because before, she'd b!tch about being cold when I'm sweating needing a/c.

And count me in for someone who appreciates the subtle "beep" when locking the doors...the horn beep, circa 1990, is quite annoying when your neighbors park their cars outside and lock the doors at 2:00am.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:43 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Type34
Cybr, you must be single. Even on a warm July night, my wife turns the bun warmers on...women flock to heated seats like there's no tomorrow...along with dual climate control, seat warmers are actually relationship savers because before, she'd b!tch about being cold when I'm sweating needing a/c.
Lol! True. Okay maybe I should rephrase - "I" have found no use for heated seats or mirrors in SoCal BUT my girlfriend and I (mostly me) do appreciate the dual climate control!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:16 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Lol! True. Okay maybe I should rephrase - "I" have found no use for heated seats or mirrors in SoCal BUT my girlfriend and I (mostly me) do appreciate the dual climate control!!!!
Yet one more benefit of being divorced, I was able to rectify the climate issue and heated passenger seat complaints when I removed the air bag....er, wind bag, that is.

The only butt that's always in the front passenger seat is my daughters & fortunately she runs hot like I do, so no climate complaints.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Type34
Amen LOL