Notices

Looking To Buy A 09 TSX 6-Speed, What Should I Lookout For?

Old 05-04-2019, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking To Buy A 09 TSX 6-Speed, What Should I Lookout For?

Hello everyone! I am new here, and hopefully this is not a duplicate post. Possibly going to purchase a 2009 TSX 6speed with around 122K tomorrow. This is the none navi version. Was just curious as to what some serious, common issues I should look into before purchasing the car, and if an inspection would be worth the investment. Recently parted ways with an 03 RSX-S and owned it for 7 years with little to minor issues, I was hoping the 09 TSX's are equally reliable. One reason I picked the TSX over the TL is I have heard the TL's have transmission issues and such, anyways I was hoping these transmissions were a little more bullet proof and do not have the common syncro issues that some Hondas/Acuras encounter. Any help would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I will be part of the TSX Owners Club Soon. Cheers.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 849 Likes on 632 Posts
Originally Posted by Axeltsx View Post
Hello everyone! I am new here, and hopefully this is not a duplicate post. Possibly going to purchase a 2009 TSX 6speed with around 122K tomorrow. This is the none navi version. Was just curious as to what some serious, common issues I should look into before purchasing the car, and if an inspection would be worth the investment. Recently parted ways with an 03 RSX-S and owned it for 7 years with little to minor issues, I was hoping the 09 TSX's are equally reliable. One reason I picked the TSX over the TL is I have heard the TL's have transmission issues and such, anyways I was hoping these transmissions were a little more bullet proof and do not have the common syncro issues that some Hondas/Acuras encounter. Any help would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I will be part of the TSX Owners Club Soon. Cheers.
Only the automatic transmissions from the 2004-2006 are considered problematic the automatics in the 2007 and 2008 years are pretty good (not great mind you, but decent). The manual transmissions for all year they were available in the TLs are pretty much bullet proof.