Keyless beep/chirp too quiet

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless beep/chirp too quiet

Does anyone else think that the confirmation beep when you press lock X2 seems very quiet?? We had a 2010 TL service loaner and the beep on that was VERY audible. If you are standing anywhere but right in front of the TSX, it's barely audible.

Just wondering b/c I like to know it's been locked without looking back at it. Perhaps a TL beeper could be installed? Any ideas? Maybe part #72695-STX-A01 ?

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0

Last edited by SkiTeton; 02-23-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SkiTeton
Does anyone else think that the confirmation beep when you press lock X2 seems very quiet?? We had a 2010 TL service loaner and the beep on that was VERY audible. If you are standing anywhere but right in front of the TSX, it's barely audible.

Just wondering b/c I like to know it's been locked without looking back at it. Perhaps a TL beeper could be installed? Any ideas? Maybe part #72695-STX-A01 ?

It works fine if you take your head and put it on the grill and listen everytime you leave the car. Yes it is way to quiet.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 PM
9th Gear

I like the quiet chirp rather than a louder beep or honk. Especially when getting home late I don't want to announce to everyone in the neighborhood I'm home.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had one of my boys hook this up in the engine and now it amplies the sound

Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

you are right, the beep is too quiet when you press the lock button twice.. but I much prefer this than the regular honk in most cars.. or in my previous 2000 Accord.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys must be deaf. When I park my car across the street from my g/f's second story apartment I can hear the beep through her CLOSED window facing the street/car if I stand next to the window.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
yes it is quiet, but sometimes i appreciate its quietness lol
Old 02-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Instructor

Or you have superhuman hearing.

I agree it's quiet, but it's not really an issue.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GrigioX
Or you have superhuman hearing.
LOL.

I feel like its a little too quiet, but it's much better than the honk in the accords. To be honest, the honk scares me sometimes.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Instructor

yeah, i don't like the honk either. beep > honk
Old 02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I wish it can be amplified a bit louder.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:12 PM
7th Gear

The only time I wish it was louder is when I am trying to find it in a crowded parking lot. Other than that, I like the quiet beep.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I also agree it is too quiet. On the gf's 2007 TSX it is much louder.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I think on the new tl you can adjust the loudness of the beep in the mid.

you could also get an alarm like I did <-- Click
Old 02-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
definately way too quiet (my dad has the 08, im curious if his is any louder than my 10)
i always turn around to make sure the lights flickered. but i definately don't want a really loud honk so its not that bad
Old 02-23-2011, 09:24 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
I prefer the term "restrained" to quiet, yes its low but I don't need to announce to the world that I'm locking my doors lol another confirmation is that the lights flash too, I always end up looking at those haha
Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 PM
10th Gear

I find it quiet i have to make sure the light flash a little louder would be nice!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
I like that it's subtle but there are times I wish it was louder, like parking on a busy street when a garbage truck is rolling by and I'm in a hurry and can't tell whether I locked the doors or not without stopping and looking back.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
9th Gear

back to the original question... Could we swap it out for the part # in the TL that he listed??

Coming from my loud Accord honk, I really like the beep. But I hate looking back at the car to watch the lights since I rarely hear the beep. If thats the case, I'd rather just have the honk so I dont have to look!!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
8th Gear

I got no sound on my 09 at all!! I only see the blinker flash as I unlock/lock the car. What's going on?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:46 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by silvscorp
I got no sound on my 09 at all!! I only see the blinker flash as I unlock/lock the car. What's going on?
Try pressing the lock twice? I thought it's normal, but in order for my beep to go off I hafta hit the lock twice
Old 03-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I too, wish it would be a tad louder. Hey, as long as we are on the subject of locking the car. Does the TSX lock its doors by itself after a certain amount of time ?.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Racer

Press it twice and if even twice, you don't hear the sound, then go back to the setting on MID and turn it on.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by fxcarden
I too, wish it would be a tad louder. Hey, as long as we are on the subject of locking the car. Does the TSX lock its doors by itself after a certain amount of time ?.
ONLY if you unlock the door using the remote AND not open the door, then it automatically locks again after certain amount of time depends on your setting, by default, 30"
Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by pinatubo
ONLY if you unlock the door using the remote AND not open the door, then it automatically locks again after certain amount of time depends on your setting, by default, 30"

So...if I unlock the door with the remote, get in the car and drive around, and then exit the car but do not lock the doors, they will remain unlocked ?.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM
SEEYOU2CREW

So...if I unlock the door with the remote, get in the car and drive around, and then exit the car but do not lock the doors, they will remain unlocked ?.
Correct!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Racer

Damn, I was hoping that wasn't the case, and here is why.....

At dusk, when I lock the car, the HIDs come on briefly. I just know this is murder on the ballasts, and defeats the purpose of having an AUTO switch for the lights.

Am I wrong ?.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by pinatubo
Press it twice and if even twice, you don't hear the sound, then go back to the setting on MID and turn it on.
I've only owned the car for a little less than 2 weeks, where is this MID setting? through the NAVI interface?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Cruisin'

At dusk, when I lock the car, the HIDs come on briefly. I just know this is murder on the ballasts....

Is this bad for the ballasts? Mine turn on when I pull into my garage and then go off approx. 30 seconds later.....is it really killing my ballasts?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
I've only owned the car for a little less than 2 weeks, where is this MID setting? through the NAVI interface?
owners manual bro

and nope, not through the navi. its through your gauges. press up/down/set and it'll display in your speedometer
Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
If you leave your light switch to Auto, the HID will come on briefly when locking and unlocking the car. I switch mine to off position when I park the car.

HID usually have a 8 year life span, the bulb and ballast retail for $200 each at the dealer, though most people can get them for around $150 each. Aftermarket D2S bulb can be purchased online for $70.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Racer

From what I have read and experienced first had with my son's 2004 TL, the constant ON/OFF is worse for the HIDs, than the raw number of hours.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SkiTeton

It is "quiet". It was quiet when you bought the vehicle and its still going to be quiet when you trade it in. I see this day in and day out and it really gets to me that people don't take the time to really "go over" a car before they purchase it. They instead buy it then after a week or month or so spend hours upon hours nit picking every little detail then they come out with the "well I spent all this money on a this car and this should be like this and this should work like that" or the "well it wasn't that way when I picked up the vehicle". I know that there might be a FEW cars out there that may come up with a legit problem for this system but I have yet to see or hear about. Don't mean to vent out on just you but think of the time you could have spent and every one else on here doing something much more productive with their time and their lives for that matter if they didn't go though life with that kind of mindset.

That part number fits TL/MDX/ZDX, it does not cross to TSX. That is all the info Acura provides. Will it plug into the factory harness? Might, might not. Will it bolt right up? Might, might not. Could you make it work? Of course! With time and the right amount of tech knowledge anything is possible. If you did go and do something like this chances are I would not care for you very much as a person.

As for turning it on/off. Press and hold the I on your steering wheel, go to door setup, then lock acknowledgment.

This is not an attack or to dissuade anyone from modding or changing up their car. To each their own is what I say. But when it comes down to it that system you would have tested/heard on day one or after the test drive. Even at delivery the salesman would have/should have gone over this system with you and how to change it.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by BobZahn
It is "quiet". It was quiet when you bought the vehicle and its still going to be quiet when you trade it in. I see this day in and day out and it really gets to me that people don't take the time to really "go over" a car before they purchase it. They instead buy it then after a week or month or so spend hours upon hours nit picking every little detail then they come out with the "well I spent all this money on a this car and this should be like this and this should work like that" or the "well it wasn't that way when I picked up the vehicle". I know that there might be a FEW cars out there that may come up with a legit problem for this system but I have yet to see or hear about. Don't mean to vent out on just you but think of the time you could have spent and every one else on here doing something much more productive with their time and their lives for that matter if they didn't go though life with that kind of mindset.

That part number fits TL/MDX/ZDX, it does not cross to TSX. That is all the info Acura provides. Will it plug into the factory harness? Might, might not. Will it bolt right up? Might, might not. Could you make it work? Of course! With time and the right amount of tech knowledge anything is possible. If you did go and do something like this chances are I would not care for you very much as a person.

As for turning it on/off. Press and hold the I on your steering wheel, go to door setup, then lock acknowledgment.

This is not an attack or to dissuade anyone from modding or changing up their car. To each their own is what I say. But when it comes down to it that system you would have tested/heard on day one or after the test drive. Even at delivery the salesman would have/should have gone over this system with you and how to change it.
I have to say I heard the beep perfectly fine when I test drove the car, but I didn't take it home overnight, or many nights thereafter and park it and walk away from it in my usual routine. So, since I failed to test it properly, I realized later on that the beep was quieter than I was used to. Some days when I park in louder surroundings I can't hear it at all and I have turn around and look back at the car to see the lights flash. A bit annoying for me since my previous car was louder and I didn't have to do this extra step. Was it a problem at the dealer? No. Was it a problem on my test drive? No. I didn't stand there and lock/unlock the car to listen to the beep. Am I blaming anyone else? No of course not. Does it annoy me? Sometimes.

I'm sorry you're in pain having to hear me and countless other people complain about things they didn't notice on the test drive. But I wasted about 30 seconds of my life reading your complaint of everyone else! hehe
Old 03-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Pro

Received 541 Likes on 238 Posts
I also wished the TSX lock was louder. I always have to look back to see if lights blink.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:06 AM
SEEYOU2CREW

They should just make the remote beep if the car is locked.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The sound of the doors locking is more than enough for me. The honk is too much.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Racer

Get to used to your TSX, m8.
I haven't had the Owner Manual in front of me but I can certain take a look at it and tell you exactly which page or how to get it done if you still need help.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by BobZahn

Hmm. Okay. I did go over the car before I bought. I actually drove it too! I was fine with the beep until I heard the '10 TL beep. That's when I thought it was odd Acura would not use the same beep "model-wide" like other manufacturers. So, while I'm sure you "see this day in and day out", please know me before you attack me. Thank you.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe15
The sound of the doors locking is more than enough for me. The honk is too much.

This. I can't believe u guys have it on.

Quick Reply: Keyless beep/chirp too quiet