Just purchased my TSX

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:53 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just purchased my TSX

I just purchased my TSX last night!! (Grigio/Ebony leather Base Model) On the way home the plastic molding around the side of the front winshield became loose and started flapping. I have read that others had the same problem. I took it to the dealership this morning and the service guy told me that 3 other people had the same problem and that the clips that they are using are not good.

But on a positive note, for the little time I did have my car yesterday, I really like the ride. I use to have a 03 Accord and used it as a trade-in. The only thing I wish the dealership hadnt done was to give a me a 09 TSX with Tech package as a loaner car this morning...lol I wanted to save money so I opted for the base model, but man I reall like the color screen and the voice command for the tech model... but I am satisfied with my base model.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Congrats! It is sure to be a good car for you in the long run!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by mtbrown75
I just purchased my TSX last night!! (Grigio/Ebony leather Base Model)

The only thing I wish the dealership hadnt done was to give a me a 09 TSX with Tech package as a loaner car this morning...lol I wanted to save money so I opted for the base model, but man I reall like the color screen and the voice command for the tech model... but I am satisfied with my base model.
Congrats!!! As for the loner car, I hear ya. I own a base model and also was given a Tech loaner car. The Tech gadgets are neat but I have to remind myself that I "really" don't need them.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:42 PM
10th Gear

That is what I had to keep reminding myself today as I was driving that loaner. The Tech package is nice, but as long as I have bluetooth capability, ipod and xm radio, I am cool. And I all ready have a GPS device. I can't wait to get my car back so I can really drive it.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Too much chrome

Congrats on the new ride! If I may ask, what kind of prices are we pulling on the new tsx nowadays?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts
Congrats! It's sad to hear that Acura's seemingly poor quality control these days reared it's ugly head before you even got a chance to get home. I'm glad it will be fixed right away!

What color is Grigio exactly? I've only seen one at night and another on an overcast day and I could not tell really. Seems like it is a few shades darker than PMM but not as dark as black...is that an accurate description? Are there any other colors mixed into it that you can see?

RE: the tech package, I am currently going through that dilemma myself. The few extra gadgets would be neat and I do keep my cars FOREVER so that helps justify the expense, but on the other hand I'm not sure I can justify paying so much more $ for the car up front (and then the taxes on top of that yet) and on a technology that you will take such a hit on almost immediately, and truth be told, I may use only 5% of the time (Navi).
Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM
10th Gear

ESHGB: your description of Grigio was right on the money. I will say this about the Tech package; the color screen looks great with the audio feature. On my loaner, I tried using most of the voice commands, but found that I could make selections easier if I just pushed the buttons on the center console.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 PM
10th Gear

I paid 28,400 for mine. They had preinstalled Lo-Jack and a spoiler. I negotiated the price with the dealer because those options were $2,500. I wasn't going to pay for things on a car that I didn't ask for.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Too much chrome

Originally Posted by ESHBG
What color is Grigio exactly? I've only seen one at night and another on an overcast day and I could not tell really. Seems like it is a few shades darker than PMM but not as dark as black...is that an accurate description? Are there any other colors mixed into it that you can see?
I see a bit of Brown in it as well