Honda Acura/Accord Window Auto Switch Not Working

Old 10-30-2017, 06:53 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Acura/Accord Window Auto Switch Not Working

Hey guys, I have a 2008 Accord. I believe it's the equivalent of the second generation Acura.

I was doing a service on the car and disconnected the battery because I actually shorted a wire I was working with.

After the service, I realised i'd blown a fuse for the interior lights. Anyway, that's been fixed. But also the driver's window auto switch won't work anymore. The window still goes down and up normally but not automatically.

I looked through the car manual for the specific "reset" procedure for this car but couldn't find it. I've tried a few reset procedures I found online but none of them worked. The fuse for driver's window is fine. I was wondering what else this could be. Does anyone have any experience in how this system works and what I could do to diagnose the auto switch?

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts
From the 2009 TSX Service Manual:

Resetting the Power Window Control Unit
Reset the power windows after doing any of the following actions:
• Power window regulator replacement, removal/ installation, or repair
• Power window motor replacement, removal/ installation, or repair
• Window run channel replacement or removal/ installation
• Front passenger’s power window switch replacement or removal/installation
• Door glass replacement, removal/installation, or repair
• Power is removed from the driver’s power window master switch or front passenger’s power window switch while the power window timer is ON.
NOTE: If the front passenger’s power window has lost power when the key off timer is ON, it cannot be operated from the driver’s switch and must be reset from the front passenger’s power window switch

Without the HDS
NOTE:
• Do each bullet in step 4 within 5 seconds of each
other.
• The front passenger’s power window must be reset
from the front passenger’s power window switch.
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Move the power window all the way down by using the power window DOWN switch.
3. Open the driver’s door.
4. Do the following three times before going to step 5:
• Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
• Push and hold the power window DOWN switch. • Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
• Release the power window DOWN switch.
5. Confirm that AUTO UP no longer works. If AUTO UP still works, go back to step 1.
6. Move the power window all the way down using the power window DOWN switch.
7. Pull up and hold the power window UP switch until the power window is all the way up, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.
8. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the power window AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN function.
• If the power window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps.
• If it still does not work, go to B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-110)

Search this Thread