AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   Hazard Light Pulse/Strobe (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/hazard-light-pulse-strobe-976574/)

Cp2031949 01-21-2019 01:50 AM

Hazard Light Pulse/Strobe

Hey guys, I知 new to the thread and I just got a 2014 TSX/Tech Package. I致e been loving the car so far but I知 wondering where can I get a module/relay that値l allow my hazard lights (front and rear) to blink faster, sort of how they have a pulse module for the brake lights except I would like to have my Hazards blinking that same way, thanks in advance!

Midnight Mystery 01-21-2019 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cp2031949 (Post 16368829)
Hey guys, I知 new to the thread and I just got a 2014 TSX/Tech Package. I致e been loving the car so far but I知 wondering where can I get a module/relay that値l allow my hazard lights (front and rear) to blink faster, sort of how they have a pulse module for the brake lights except I would like to have my Hazards blinking that same way, thanks in advance!

Hmm... IDK... You could put LEDs in your turn signals, the hazards would hyperflash as would the turn signals...

You would have to do some daul wiring to achieve this, given the turn signals and hazards are on the same wiring... Unless the hazard relay is separate. I'm really not sure, but I'm curious to find out myself...

RTM 02-13-2019 11:59 AM

Looks like we have a combined black box for the turn signal and hazard circuit.

Single output for Left, which combines front and rear, and Right, doing the same.

thoiboi 02-13-2019 12:45 PM

Mod the turn signal relay

RTM 02-14-2019 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by thoiboi (Post 16381946)
Mod the turn signal relay

Problem is, there isn't an obvious one.

There is a Driver's MICU, which contains the Turn Signal / Hazard Warning Circuit. Shown as a black box on the wiring diagram. Outputs are L+ and R+, inputs are Turn Sw L and Turn Sw R, and Hazard Switch. In the old days, this would be a couple of obvious relays with bi-metal flasher circuits in them. Nowadays, who knows what board level circuitry is there.

The drivers MICU is built into the under dash fuse relay box above the left knee. (Multiplex integrated control unit) which apparently must be registered with one of their special testers to make it work with the vehicles start circuit. Removing the MICU shows a bunch of relays on it, but not which is which, etc.

I suppose if you are really determined, you could turn on the hazards, crawl around and see if anything is clicking under there, mark it, and see if a different one comes on when you turn on left / right turn signal. Then you could mod the hazard flasher one if its separate. Or, if nothing is clicking, and its just an EEPROM under there, find someone really determined to mess with it. That person isn't me.

Good luck.