Growing on me...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Growing on me...

Leftlanenews has a ton of pictures, and I must admit the more I look at it the new design is growing on me. I can’t really decide whether it’s more evolutionary or revolutionary, but either way I’m starting to like it.

The car looks much better in silver or blue, rather than the gray it was shown in for the Euro Accord and preview shots. I think these colors accentuate the new body character lines, and along with the bulging fenders this definitely gives the car a more aggressive look. The trademark grill definitely looks better in this application than in the RL or MDX. The one exterior styling complaint I have is what looks to be a large front overhang when viewed from the side. I’m mostly happy with the interior, as I mention in the “interior photos” thread. It looks a bit cluttered, and I miss touch-screen and wrap-around dash. But I’m a fan of the tall center tunnel, the ‘swoopiness,’ and the overall quality look.

I think everybody will agree that they’re somewhat disappointed with the powertrain. If they’re not going to significantly up the HP, at least give the slush-box goers a sixth gear. I myself have a 6MT, but this just shows that it’s falling a bit behind the rest of the field, even with a FMC. Hopefully acceleration will benefit from some new MT gear rations. I still feel that 1st is a bit too tall, and 60 mph should be reached in 2nd gear.

My ’05 lease expires this June and I’m leaving my options open (leftover 2008 TSX, buy off lease, Audi A3, leftover 2008 A4, Civic Si...). My goal is to cut my payments down, and I don’t think that will happen with an ’09 TSX, but can’t hurt to take it for a test drive.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I am in agreement. I like the styling. Am I still disappointed in the power? Yes. Am I nervous about the price? Yes. But after thinking about it, there just isn't much out there that meets all my criteria (not huge, lots of features, reliable, not a gas guzzler), so again, I'm back looking at this car. It may not be what we all expected or hoped for, but it is still a decent package.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
My only styling concern is the shape of the front lip, somehow its just a little funny looking in light colors....
Old 03-19-2008, 03:37 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thats what she said.......
Old 03-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I am in agreement. I like the styling. Am I still disappointed in the power? Yes. Am I nervous about the price? Yes. But after thinking about it, there just isn't much out there that meets all my criteria (not huge, lots of features, reliable, not a gas guzzler), so again, I'm back looking at this car. It may not be what we all expected or hoped for, but it is still a decent package.
Very true - basically the same appeal as the current generation.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
People are very resistant to change. I remember how many comments I used to get on '94 Integra headlights, yet 5 years later they were loving the look. When the RSX came out, there were many waxing poetic about the 'old days' and the Integra lights....
Old 03-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
I've always loved the Integra lights. So unique from everything else out there.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
My only styling concern is the shape of the front lip, somehow its just a little funny looking in light colors....
agreed.
i the front looks sooo much worst than the frist gen, and the side profile looks very sweet but in my opinion a bit too much like a bmw, and the back is camry like but the stylistic aspects that kept it from being slightly pleasing are traits from the frist gen
so over all i dotn know.