A few pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
A few pics

I just put up on my page (click here ) , three high-res pics of the TSX wearing a full body kit, rims, spoiler, and side moldings. Hopefully I'll be able to add the rest of the accessory pics on Monday, heck I'm hoping we get our cars on Monday!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Yikes.. I don't like it.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 PM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree.

I think the body kit and the wheels do nothing for it.
It gives me the same feel that it does stock, which is strange.

Oh well. I guess this one just isn't for us.

I wish you luck selling them Colin.

Just noticed, it has a spoiler too... still nothing.

God there's something very wrong with those fender flares.
You'll need 20's just to make them look not so gaudy.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Suzuka Master

I know how you all feel, but I can't say it enough. I believe you are all wrong about the prospects for this car. It may not appeal to current TSX owners, but it is an outstanding entry level car.

If the price stays around the current cars price, it will do just fine. I know that if they had left the styling the same, someone would complain that "Honda has boring looking cars" I know that if they kept it the same size someone would complain that "it's not big enough" The list goes on and on but I think you get the point.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
JDM Addict

Yeah we understand that.

We generally think it'll sell about the same as the old one,
but the people who buy it will change quite a bit.

You'll probably see internet forum talk and aftermarket part sales/production
go down. This car is much less for the "tuner" sort of folk that like to
modify their car beyond factory options and gain better performance.

Most of us will move to other companies or consider the new TL if it doesn't
follow suit from the TSX.

This seems to be the general opinion.

Not saying it's a bad car, but it's just not the kind of car this crowd likes.
Honda/Acura is obviously taking it in a different direction.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Colin
I know how you all feel, but I can't say it enough. I believe you are all wrong about the prospects for this car. It may not appeal to current TSX owners, but it is an outstanding entry level car.

If the price stays around the current cars price, it will do just fine. I know that if they had left the styling the same, someone would complain that "Honda has boring looking cars" I know that if they kept it the same size someone would complain that "it's not big enough" The list goes on and on but I think you get the point.
Exactly my thoughts..

This car will appeal to people moving up from Honda or other non-luxury brands; statistically, people who buy luxury cars get hooked and usually move up in power, size and luxury. They are not the type of people who see cars as appliances and buy Camrys or Accords their entire life. So staying with the same specs of the original TSX while adding more tech amenities is very smart IMHO or brilliant I should say..
Current TSX owners probably didn't complain about their 205hp when they first bought their cars, so why should future TSX owners complain (?)

The critical part for Acura is to make sure TSX owners stay with Acura, that's why the new TL is of paramount importance as a jump into a real luxury car.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for ya Colin

I think the car looks pretty good with or without the bodykit. Do you know if the front and rear are going to be full bumper replacements or are they going to be tacked on like the first gen?
Old 04-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Instructor

I think the TSX looks ok. It's not the best IMO, but I can live with how that car looks. I don't think I'd need the body kit, but that's one of the colors I like.

About the TSX's sales. I suspect it won't be as bad as many people here insist. Generally, people who browse enthusiast websites are very particular in their tastes, and lean heavily toward criticism and pessimism if the design doesn't appeal to them. The new TSX may actually appeal more to the masses than the previous version, because it is bigger (but not huge) -- also some neat tech features were added.

I definitely would have liked some different design choices and features than will be offered, but I'm still going to consider it when I buy a car. There are plenty of buyers like me who basically want an upscale version of a Honda.

The TSX interests me because the Accord is just too much of a boat these days. Also, it is indeed slightly more upscale. The omission of xenon bulbs on the Accord is a HUGE drawback. I'd look a lot more carefully at it if it had HIDs, because they just illuminate the road so much better. As for the TSX: throw in a diesel engine to provide a lot more torque, price it reasonably, and Acura might have a buyer.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
You know, without those hideous wheel arches and the beak, the car would actually look pretty good and be a reasonable evolution of the 1st gen model, especially with the body kit.

I do hope the TSX sells well enough to stick around to have a 3rd generation with a revised RWD or AWD chassis, a longitudinal engine layout, and some truly proper and attractive design.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

After seeing it kitted out, the words "Corolla Type S" just came to mind.

I think its the rear profile that is killing it for me. Its so plain jane. I know people are polarized by the front of it, but at least there is somebody's interpretation of style there. The rear just makes me think "entry level" for some reason. I never felt that way about the 1G, in fact, the triple circle tails were a major style ++ for me, and I wish they would have kept that design element.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:03 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation

Looks like they recycled the CIVIC Si wheels again.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
"shaka, bro'" for the pics, Colin

I have newfound love for the stock body kit... Something about that new front says, "General Grievious."

No, seriously, I agree with what Colin says. And this body kit underlines what the strategy is. Clearly, Acura is trying to attract a slightly different (younger?) crowd with the more aggressive looking '09 TSX, without doinking around too much with the performance success already attained. For those of us already initiated, a TSX-S, or a TLS-S, ought to be our next lily pad.

What disappoints me is that the 2004-2008 TSX is a cheetah dressed up as a puma. It's sleek enough looking, doesn't say "Look at me!", but can rip 'n roar with some of the best in its class (entry level, upscale sedans). A light dusting with sweet de luxe here and there, and you had a nice compromise between various interests, at a "can't beat this" price point. Debadged, mine really disappears into the crowd like a good superspy ought to.* Now.... Oh, well. Sophomore attempts, particularly for filmmakers and car makers, can be a crucial test for longevity. Will it live up to the initial buzz, or indicate that first blush was a fluke.

About that Fu Manchu front end ... I think it just needs a little more thickness to that bottom lip. never mind that this car now appears to have two mouths.

*Anyone seen the film, The Worlds Fastest Indian? I love the scene when doing a "speed trial," Burt Munro gets up to 90mph, the Bonneville veterans in a pace car are shaking their heads and laughing that the old coot is making it that fast on a 1920s motorcycle, and then ... he shifts into second. Slight cough from the pipe, and vroom. Leaves them behind, jaws open in disbelief. That's what my TSX feels like some days when I drop the hammer on some tailgating SUV slob or cell phone addicted soccer mom. Like Burt Munro, the 2004-2008 TSX doesn't look like much ("quiet good looks" they used to say), but....
Old 04-08-2008, 01:05 AM
?

I just put up on my page (click here ) , three high-res pics of the TSX wearing a full body kit, rims, spoiler, and side moldings. Hopefully I'll be able to add the rest of the accessory pics on Monday, heck I'm hoping we get our cars on Monday!

Saw the car in person today and the body kit looks great in person. The wheels don't look bad as well, but they are just like the MDX and RDX style, just in 18" size instead. The rear trunk lip spoiler fits nicely to set off the bodykit.

Overall, I was very impressed with the look of the car in person. The interior looks great as well. Much more roomy compared to the 1st gen.

To all the nay-sayers, I would hold judgment until you see the car in person.

Can't say the same for the performance though. On that end, the car was not as exciting. But for the average buyer, it should be enough.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:00 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TeKNiC3
Saw the car in person today and the body kit looks great in person. The wheels don't look bad as well, but they are just like the MDX and RDX style, just in 18" size instead. The rear trunk lip spoiler fits nicely to set off the bodykit.

Overall, I was very impressed with the look of the car in person. The interior looks great as well. Much more roomy compared to the 1st gen.

To all the nay-sayers, I would hold judgment until you see the car in person.

Can't say the same for the performance though. On that end, the car was not as exciting. But for the average buyer, it should be enough.
where did you go to see the car with body kit? Looks like it not a kit but rather a full front/rear bumper replacement. correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:14 AM
ANTZ

I agree, it isn't that nice and I think only the side skirts were added on, the front and the rear bumpers are one piece. I am in Canada and I really want to see it in person though.

Very high res pics though, thank you!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 AM
where is my garage?!

yeah, i looked at the pics, and i don't see a start/end for these lips. is it a full bumper replacement?

honestly, if this is the same kit that was on the euro accord from the geneva pics, it looks better in white. but i'm really not liking all those lines from the side profile.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Race Director

cool page colin, i viewed the motorweek review and was surprised they praised the new TSX that well. only disappointed that they didn't do any performance tests at all.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good work on the page, awesome write ups!

After reading the specs, for some reason the car looks a lot better than I thought.

But really this car, though at first an eyesore, is waaay better than the current generation. (Had to say it.)

I can't wait for the MUGEN version of this car, it's gonna be awesome!!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Thanks for the pics Colin.

So it's going to start at $28k for you guys down in the States huh? Any idea of the Canadian MSRP? I read somewhere that the base now comes with cloth instead of leather seats
Old 04-08-2008, 01:45 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
^ I seriously doubt that.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Mokos23
i viewed the motorweek review and was surprised they praised the new TSX that well. only disappointed that they didn't do any performance tests at all.
Motorweek praises everything. If they do have something harsh to say, they come around pointing to what's tangible. Like "It has a modest inline-4 making XXX horsepower, but the car has eye-catching looks and is a solid ride!"
Let the guys over at Top Gear or Fifth Gear have a go at it.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:15 PM
?

Originally Posted by feelgood13
where did you go to see the car with body kit? Looks like it not a kit but rather a full front/rear bumper replacement. correct me if i'm wrong.
It was an Acura training session.

Front and rear are full bumper replacements.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:19 PM
?

Originally Posted by PACman
Motorweek praises everything. If they do have something harsh to say, they come around pointing to what's tangible. Like "It has a modest inline-4 making XXX horsepower, but the car has eye-catching looks and is a solid ride!"
Let the guys over at Top Gear or Fifth Gear have a go at it.
One thing to add...the steering feel. It doesn't really have a connected feel. It also too light IMO. Aside for that, the car drove good.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by TeKNiC3

Front and rear are full bumper replacements.

Which I can only presume means big $$$
Old 04-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Instructor

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....3&last=5619451

Their new TSX has arrived. Colin, how about yours?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Nope! Somewhat irritatingly, the cars are on the island but they're holding them in the port. No idea when they'll deliver them.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Intermediate

besides the grill (which i hope be swapped to an original honda one later on), the car's not that bad, imo the interior is better so although the car overall is not much of an improvement over the current gen, it's definitely not worse in terms of look

at least in my opinion was again
Old 04-09-2008, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by 5thTo2nd
So it's going to start at $28k for you guys down in the States huh? Any idea of the Canadian MSRP? I read somewhere that the base now comes with cloth instead of leather seats
Corinthian leather. ... and AM/FM/8-track tape.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by human668
http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail....3&last=5619451

Their new TSX has arrived. Colin, how about yours?
No trunk tray. But I'm beginning to like how the parking brake lever integrates into the door-to-armrest trim swoop.

I'm curious, you guys who play with it ... slide a disc in with the AT full forward (in P). Does it clear it easily. Looks like it does just barely....

And where IS the MID now? It doesn't seem to be in the tach....
Old 04-09-2008, 07:47 AM
where is my garage?!

Originally Posted by dom
Which I can only presume means big $$$
will they even let you keep the stock bumpers? haha.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Advanced

Looks like the first shipment of the TSX's arrived here in Hawaii. Seen it on the pier.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Sheet, those cars have been there since last week Wednesday. They;re holding them for some reason till after the dealer show in New Orleans.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 AM

Cue Carly Simon song, "An-tici-pay-ay-ay-shun, it's making me wait...."
Old 04-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Instructor

I finally noticed that the bodykit is the same as the one from the White Euro Accord at Geneva, damn it looks better in white, I feel the front and back sensors make it nicer too for some reason. Plus the headlight cleaners. Why are we always skimped on tech's?!?
Old 04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by LaZyPiGgY
I finally noticed that the bodykit is the same as the one from the White Euro Accord at Geneva, damn it looks better in white, I feel the front and back sensors make it nicer too for some reason. Plus the headlight cleaners. Why are we always skimped on tech's?!?
You only noticed that the kits are the same now? To answer the second part of the question, I believe it's because there is no higher model than the Accord in Europe (not counting the RL?). This car must do battle for the entire Honda line so it will have more features than our car. I would guess that in relative $$$ it costs more too (though I don't know for sure).
Old 04-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Instructor

You only noticed that the kits are the same now? To answer the second part of the question, I believe it's because there is no higher model than the Accord in Europe (not counting the RL?). This car must do battle for the entire Honda line so it will have more features than our car. I would guess that in relative $$$ it costs more too (though I don't know for sure).
Haha, yeah, at first I thought the blue car didn't look that good, but then i kept seeing pictures of the white one from Geneva and love that one, and saw this again, and FINALLY put two and two together.

What you say sounds about right, though wouldn't it be a good idea to at least put them in as OPTIONS? instead of standard equip.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Suzuka Master

But we don't do options!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
It kinda looks good. Just hope it will have a more powerful engine. put some nice rims on it, give it a drop and nice kit, wouldn't look bad at all.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I wonder if the TSX will be able to compete with the Lexus IS250 or IS350 in the "VIP" segment.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kowloonsniperhk
I wonder if the TSX will be able to compete with the Lexus IS250 or IS350 in the "VIP" segment.
It looks like it may take a bunch of sales from the IS250, but the 350 is in another price/power range.

Quick Reply: A few pics