Check VSA System

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:30 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check VSA System

So I have had my 2009 Acura TSX about 14 months now with few issues. Other than my oil consumption issue which i got figured out. My next question is when i got my car back from acura the "check VSA system" light came on, and has literally been on since. When i first start up my car it takes anywhere from a minute to ten minutes before it comes on and stays on.. I have done quite a bit of research and am not sure what could be causing it to do that. Its really frustrating seeing it on all the time. Also my "check emission system" light is constantly on (which i think is due to the oil consumption issue it has so im not as worried about that). My main issue is what possible problems could there be that are causing it to tell me to check vsa system?
Old 06-23-2017, 07:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
Take it back to the dealer and ask them wtf they did to trigger the warnings.
The following users liked this post:
topherj (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 07:27 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
what do you mean you figured out the oil consumption issues?
and why not take the car back to Acura, SINCE they are the ones that caused the VSA to come up?!??!?!
Old 06-23-2017, 11:16 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Take it back to the dealer and ask them wtf they did to trigger the warnings.
Originally Posted by justnspace
what do you mean you figured out the oil consumption issues?
and why not take the car back to Acura, SINCE they are the ones that caused the VSA to come up?!??!?!
We'll never understand that mentality because we aren't 21.

Anybody else would tke the car back to Acura and say "What did you do to cause these warning lights to come on? You need to fix this for free - and give me a loaner in the meantime."

Last edited by ceb; 06-23-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:24 AM
8th Gear

And Acurazine sucks. What I meant by I figured out the oil consumption issue is that I know what I need to do to get it fixed by Acura, I wasn't even asking about that. I am here trying to find out maybe if there is a way to fix the VSA system myself or if you guys maybe had some possible solutions. I am not 100 percent sure if it was Acuras fault. Also where I live the closest Acura dealership is a 3 hour trip from where I live, not really wanting to drive back and forth just to find out why my VSA light is on, but it looks like that is what I am going to do. And what does being 21 have to do with how smart I am? I have said in previous posts that I have a good general knowledge on vehicles, I am no mechanic and that is why I was here asking. But its pretty clear now that this site is useless and so are you guys. Thanks anyways bags
Old 06-23-2017, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ceb
We'll never understand that mentality because we aren't 21.

Anybody else would tke the car back to Acura and say "What did you do to cause these warning lights to come on? You need to fix this for free - and give me a loaner in the meantime."
You will never understand because you are grumpy and old and have no sense of respect or obvious knowledge to help people who are actually curious and wanting answers. The obvious incompetence you carry, shows a lot about you.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by topherj
And Acurazine sucks. What I meant by I figured out the oil consumption issue is that I know what I need to do to get it fixed by Acura, I wasn't even asking about that. I am here trying to find out maybe if there is a way to fix the VSA system myself or if you guys maybe had some possible solutions. I am not 100 percent sure if it was Acuras fault. Also where I live the closest Acura dealership is a 3 hour trip from where I live, not really wanting to drive back and forth just to find out why my VSA light is on, but it looks like that is what I am going to do. And what does being 21 have to do with how smart I am? I have said in previous posts that I have a good general knowledge on vehicles, I am no mechanic and that is why I was here asking. But its pretty clear now that this site is useless and so are you guys. Thanks anyways bags
??

i asked legitimate question.
why are you crying?

I wanted to know what you found out about the oil consumption and HOW you are fixing it. because it is useful for other members.
also, you paid for some work to be done. the mechanics screwed up and now you have VSA light. the easiest thing to do is go back to the store and see whats wrong.

if YOU wanted to do it.. Jack up the car and check the VSA lines. they might be simply disconnected OR something MORE serious
Old 06-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
No help in the first answer no love to azine

And Marissa Rogers only registered in Azine to give Ceb the right answer
Old 06-23-2017, 03:43 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Marissa Rogers
You will never understand because you are grumpy and old and have no sense of respect or obvious knowledge to help people who are actually curious and wanting answers. The obvious incompetence you carry, shows a lot about you.
You're right, I'm completely useless, but I guess some people would disagree with you - like those who thanked me over 1100 times. But that's alright, they are all losers too.
The following users liked this post:
briq456 (07-16-2017)