Car & DriverDrivelines, Preview 09 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
Car & DriverDrivelines, Preview 09 TSX

I just got the May Car & Driver. The review is mostly positive, complains about too many buttons on the dash and worse steering feel. The last paragraph says:
"The TSX looks slicker than its predecessor, and the refinement and sophistication have definitely improved. But it also seems less to have lost some of the lively, chuckable nature that made the previous car so fun to drive. It now feels more like an RDX sedan and less like a European Accord. Like a lot of sequels, the 09 TSX is both more and less." by Michael Austin. Looking forward to a full test review.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
"Chuckable?" WTF is that? Chuckability? Fahrvergnugen?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:30 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CoquiTSX
I just got the May Car & Driver. The review is mostly positive, complains about too many buttons on the dash and worse steering feel. The last paragraph says:
"The TSX looks slicker than its predecessor, and the refinement and sophistication have definitely improved. But it also seems less to have lost some of the lively, chuckable nature that made the previous car so fun to drive. It now feels more like an RDX sedan and less like a European Accord. Like a lot of sequels, the 09 TSX is both more and less." by Michael Austin. Looking forward to a full test review.

Interesting.....so it looks like the 1st gen is better in the handling dept.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Acura Sales Miami

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just drove the TSX today

I drove the 2009 Acura TSX today against the competition and Ill have to say the TSX is impressive. I would not worry about the steering like said earlier in this post. There are new mechanics to the sterring. It is now electronic and not with hydrolics. You dont have the Tight turn on the wheel, it is NOT sloppy however , It IS very responsive. The Acceloration is fine and IS very competitive to the cars in its class. Handling is great , Sharp curves and accident avoidence is right on spec. handles like an Acura should. I drove the Audi ( sloppy on curves ) ( Lots of Body Roll) Also Lexus IS250 No acceloration till second gear , Poor merging , LAst was the BMW 328i has the acceloration off the line, very comparible up to 50mph. BUT Noisy , Hard suspension makes rough road very loud. Features of the BMW look the same as all the other common BMW very typical. NAVI is rediculous.

THE TSX scored very well. I will reccomend driving one and learning all the new features of this vehicle over the 08 . Enjoy it and get back to me . I dont believe you will be disappointed.

Dave
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
^ Best damn post of the day. Also one of the most relevant. Thanks, man!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Acura Sales Miami

No Problem.

Being an Acura Fanatic like the rest of you in hereI like to make sure we are all on the same page. I love to hear all the opinions of everyone in all the threads tl/tsx/rl/mdx Im in them all. I drive them I sell them I own TL's (2) and I WILL NOT steer anyone in the wrong direction.

When it comes to the Acura, there is a certain pride with owning this car. You are not a typical car buyer. You are a car enthusiest. with the benefit of financial intelect. ( damn I hope i spelling these big words right )

Price / features - this will always be in favor of the Acura. The TSX very impressive. I wrote above my thoughts. The New RL I sat in it yesterday. yea the grill i will admit and agree its a bit on the " Transformer" side. BUT its what makes Acura stand out. you will get past it just like we all got past the little things on previous details like ( Cassette Deck in an 08 Model ) I lovem all . I think once you get past the pics and you can sit in teh car you with the bad thoughts will sing a different tune. Or if its too late and you bought something else you are going to kick the dog when you finally see the new cars...

Dave
Old 04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Instructor

Glad to hear someone who has positive input on this car. I am very excited to be (hopefully) buying one this fall and although I like the look of the new one, I've been hearing not so great things about the new model. Of course I haven't hung around forums discussing new models before, so maybe it's a very typical reaction for many to have! Can't wait for a test drive very soon!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ Hopes and expectations are the killer. Keep in mind that a lot of the criticism stems from what we hoped the new TSX would be (and would have).