Camber Arm Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,163 Likes on 874 Posts
Camber Arm Questions

Looking to purchase the SPC 67540 kit for my wagon. It has -3 deg of camber after being lowered like 1.5" or less. I usually don't advocate the need for rear camber kits...but with this car's seemingly agressive toe curve, I think that the entire kit of all 3 arms is definitely beneficial to prevent tire cupping.

Anyway...I have questions about the kit itself:

-Anyone have experience with this kit that they'd like to share? Long term experience preferred.
-What are the bushings made from? Poly? Rubber? Do they suck? Be honest.

My worry is mostly about the bushings. I never fully trust aftermarket rubber bushings....but these shouldn't be a high wear rate bushing. I know how to clock bushings...so no worries there.

Any other kits I should consider? I DO NOT want UCA balljoint kits. They are hard to adjust, and due to wheel/fender clearances, I want to move the bottom of the tyre inward...not the top of the tyre outward.

TIA, friends!
Old 11-28-2016, 08:39 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
JPower (eBay) is a decent replica (3pc per side; there are 2pc kits as well). I have it, and many others have it too. I've corrected the ~ -3.5 degrees of camber to about -1.5 or so. Mine have seen a Canadian winter and the only issue with it so far is a bit of surface rust on the arms themselves. Still adjustable (not seized by any means), and bushings look fine. They are made of rubber.

Some searching on Azine should provide a bit more info about JPower. The 3G TL variant apparently has a bad reputation with the bushings. However, this is apparently not the case with the 2G TSX variant. I've PMed a few OG 2G TSX owners and they told me no issues when I was wary as well (granted, these are guys running stupid amounts of negative camber, so take that with a grain of salt).

For some more details
http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-14-Accord-09-14-Acura-TSX-TL-REAR-Camber-Kit-PAIR-Set-of-6-pcs-/181542726812?hash=item2a44ca2c9c
By no means am I saying these are as good as or better than SPC; I've also read that SPCs likely make the best rear kit for our cars. But this is something to think about/consider.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:54 AM
Safety Car

Thanks for the reply! I did see the J power parts...and they did look identical. I'm guessing that all of the adjustable arm kits, from Moog to SPC to Ingalls to J power are all made in China...and likely at the same factory. But the specifications and *maybe* the engineering behind each may be a bit different.

Similar to coilovers from Buddy Club/FF/BC/Megan, etc.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:59 AM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
spc are made in colorado/ "Specialty Products has three different business units that are supported by two domestic facilities providing in-house development, manufacturing, sales and distribution."

i had the spc. they were on for about 2 years.

someone has them now....maybe KK

honestly dont remember the bushings.....i think rubber/
Old 11-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Safety Car

I'd be really surprised if they were even assembled in CO...or anywhere in the US....or anywhere except East/Southeast Asia.

My SPC ball joints came in "made in China" boxes, and they look identical to any of the other brands. But they were well made and are still on my tracked car today...going on 4 or so years.

I'm guessing that SPC picks a chinese vendor, asks for customized coatings and details like bushings and boots, and brands them SPC. Think of brands like Skunk2. Overseas (China/Taiwan) manufactured parts. Some US based specifications based on R&D.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as the engineering is good. Though I'd prefer a brand that was made in the US/Japan/Europe. I find that metallurgy and finish is better in products made in those regions.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
I've run both Jpower and SPC (long story). Jpower were on the car somewhere between 0.5-1.0 years and SPC have been on for about 4.0 years. They felt identical driving and looked to be the same quality bushings etc. Whether or not the Jpower ones hold up the same over time I can't say. I think other members have been running them for a few years now.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:31 PM
Safety Car

Thanks for all the replies! I will likely end up with SPC since I've had luck with them already. And if the bushings fail....I suppose I can work on making my own that won't fail again lol.

If I had a spare set of 2G arms...I would be inclined to just make my own arm set. Should be fairly easy to do for the $375ish that I'm gonna pay for the SPC.

Last edited by cu2wagon; 11-28-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Oops. Dumb mod is dumb.
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 09:41 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Originally Posted by Roland_Bluntzs
Thanks for all the replies! I will likely end up with SPC since I've had luck with them already. And if the bushings fail....I suppose I can work on making my own that won't fail again lol.

If I had a spare set of 2G arms...I would be inclined to just make my own arm set. Should be fairly easy to do for the $375ish that I'm gonna pay for the SPC.

When you start making parts, LMK, okay? You seem to be a detailed oriented fella and I'd love to have half the knowledge you drop. If I could just throw send money to you in exchange for the parts I don't know how to make; that would be keen.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:18 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
When you start making parts, LMK, okay? You seem to be a detailed oriented fella and I'd love to have half the knowledge you drop. If I could just throw send money to you in exchange for the parts I don't know how to make; that would be keen.
Thanks! and will do. I have made parts for my S2000, ITR, and 240SX in the past, out of frustration and inability to find suitable quality aftermarket parts. But none of those cars were daily driven, and taking them apart to measure and try things out was not an issue.

If I ever find a wrecked 2G TSX or something....
Old 11-30-2016, 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts
Check out Š”Ž‰ŽT-DEMAND(ƒeƒB[ƒfƒBƒƒ“ƒh) (T-Demand)