AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   Bluetooth HFL module location (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/bluetooth-hfl-module-location-950300/)

Steven Chan 10-07-2016 08:02 PM

Bluetooth HFL module location

I'm having trouble with my Bluetooth HFL draining my battery after a few days parked. I just recently changed my battery and it seems to have drained that already. Does anyone know where the bluetooth HFL is located for an 2012 Acura TSX?

Guanacoracing 10-09-2016 06:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Why do you think is the HFL unit?

In any case, see the images for the location.

edwinwng 11-02-2016 09:43 AM

I've heard about this being a problem before and the HFL being a parasitic draw when it goes out. Were you able to disconnect it? if so, did it resolve the issue?

thoiboi 11-02-2016 09:47 AM

It's definitely an issue on the 3rd Gen TL's not so sure about the TSX though.

Have you don ea parasitic draw test to determine where it is before randomly pulling things?

Does your HFL work?

anjayk 11-22-2016 11:56 PM

it's the panel right above your feet on the passenger side.. It's directly attached to it. You can leave it disconnected if you would like to test for parasitic draw.

I permanently disconnected mine after I put in a aftermarket stereo with steering wheel controls (including call and hangup functionality).

nmarcel1 02-18-2019 05:30 PM

Blue tooth module

[QUOTE=Steven Chan;15867571]I'm having trouble with my Bluetooth HFL draining my battery after a few days parked. I just recently changed my battery and it seems to have drained that already. Does anyone know where the bluetooth HFL is located for an 2012 Acura TSX?[/QUOTE

did disconnecting the blue tooth module fix your problem? I'm having same issue with my 2011 tsx? Where is the module located?

acura life 03-18-2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by anjayk (Post 15902694)
it's the panel right above your feet on the passenger side.. It's directly attached to it. You can leave it disconnected if you would like to test for parasitic draw.

I permanently disconnected mine after I put in a aftermarket stereo with steering wheel controls (including call and hangup functionality).

Do you know what wire from the steering wheel control module too hook up too the hfl the diagram info i got says its the orange in pin 2 for analog please help

wassupd0c 03-04-2021 11:10 PM

did you get your issue fixed?

it seems like i am having the same drained battery on my 2011 tsx. i've had to swap out new battery very often, ranging from a few months to 1 year.

is the HFL only for bluetooth connection? What features am i missing with the disconnection?

nmarcel1 03-07-2021 02:30 PM

No, never got issue resolved... still trying to figure out what is draining the battery... I live in the North East so to cold to try to troubleshoot the issue now. I plan on putting a multimeter on the the battery to figure out what fuse is drawing down on the battery... once I get that... I’ll need to figure out what
is on that circuit and troubleshooting from there will be the real challenge.... might be over my head at that point.

I had a mechanic say he disconnected the HFL module but saw no difference in the draw of the battery.... I don’t believe he did that so in the spring I’m going to disconnect it myself to see for the heck of it if it makes a difference.... although I have not gotten to it, I’ve been told the location is on passenger side near the kick panel...

for now I installed a battery monitor which sends alerts to my iPhone, I can watch the current voltage and it graphs out the voltage over a 24hr period... it’s pretty nice, cost me 39 bucks on eBay.... once I see the voltage drop below a certain threshold I start the car and let it run for 20mins to recharge it so it’s not dead after two days of non driving...

hopefully in the spring I can figure out what’s going on because as I’m sure you know, this is frustrating as hell.

if you figure it out please post the fix.

nmarcel1 03-09-2021 06:48 PM

I know you posted the location of the HFL quite a while back but ... IM HAVING THE SAME BATTERY DRAIN pRoblem ON MY 2011 tsx w/nav... you said the HFL is located above your feet on the passenger side....is this the location for 2nd gen TSXs (2011).... do I have to remove the passenger side dashboard cover.... that’s where the blue light is... if yes, do you know how that comes out? Is it just clips or do I need to take out screws? I’m having a heck of a time finding this thing.