ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanstereo
Base ILX maroon exterior and beige interior
I mean, at least ILX comes in manual lol
Old 04-12-2017, 06:55 PM
ROTAREDOM

@@cu2wagon did you ever buy a phone mount for your motorcycle? I'm really considering one because when I ride I like to take the back farm roads with less traffic, more scenery and a few more curves, but I find myself not knowing where the hell I am haha... do you have any suggestions for mounts??
Old 04-12-2017, 08:30 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
@@cu2wagon did you ever buy a phone mount for your motorcycle? I'm really considering one because when I ride I like to take the back farm roads with less traffic, more scenery and a few more curves, but I find myself not knowing where the hell I am haha... do you have any suggestions for mounts??
Not exactly. When I started riding I had a pretty basic phone and the ubiquitous phone/GPS thing wasn't a reality yet. In the interim, I've made due. Mainly because I was commuting so most of my miles were wracked up on known roads. On the occasion we'd go out for a fun ride, I'd generally know where I was going before hand and if I didn't I'd (gasp) print out directions .

On a couple of occasions, in the more recent past, I have used my phone for navigation but I'd toss it in my cheapo tank bag with a set of earbuds to hear directions. If I need to see where I'm at, I'd open my bag and take a peek.

That isn't the best solution.

My wife inherited a better tank bag from a coworker that got scared off from riding and it's much better suited to using a phone/gps. It's got a velcro/snaps removable outer pouch with a clear screen so you can slip your phone in and still see it. I just checked and I can still use the touch screen with my bare hands, but it's *very* clunky (not the best description, but like there's too much resistance in the plastic so it doesn't register the pointer location like on the bare glass). Something like this one:

Cortech by Tour Master Super 2.0 Low Profile 10 Liter Magnetic Mount Tank Bag :: MotorcycleGear.com

I'm not sure how well it would work with gloves on either, even ones with the little conductive finger pads. If you go the tank bag route it's more of a "get it set and go" sort of thing and you're not making any inputs without stopping first.

Something to consider is how much you'll drain your battery. There is a second little flat pocket behind the plastic map pocket that you might be able to slip a battery pack into and then you can run your phone off of that. You can also buy a little USB dongle to wire up so you can have a charging port:

Amazon Amazon

I have no specific experience with that USB, but it looks pretty good and once I'm back to riding I'll be installing one like it. Maybe that one.

If you don't want to have the phone on your tank, you can look for a clamp on mount. Not sure how much space you have to work with (I assume the CBR has clipons?) but since I've got full bars, I'd pick up this guy:

Amazon Amazon

I got one of those for my wife for her little battery powered razor scooter (extreme neighborhood dorking!!!) and it holds pretty tight with the rubber corner grabber things. The other one I'd consider would be an actual Ram Mount:

Amazon Amazon

because I've read really good things about them. I still have a preference for the first one since the rubber corner grabbers just seem more of a positive restraint.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:39 PM

And since you're gonna be at Amazon buying stuff, get one of these too:
Amazon Amazon

Figure out some way to get it all tucked inside the awkward space where the battery is and run the pigtail up under your bitchseat (that comes off, right?). Plug it in, especially during the winter, because it gets expensive replacing batteries every year.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:52 PM

Yeah I didn't see anywhere for the spools to bolt into when I quickly looked over the bike. I think I will only need one for the rear no? Just for cleaning the chain? The spooless stands..they just have rubber or something and then you lift from a section of the fork? I need to research more to understand haha. I'm a noooooob.
Oh and this. I'd been meaning to get some pictures but it's been hectic (and my garage has reached epic clusterfuck status).

You can get by with just a rear stand for cleaning the chain, yes.

Having both is nice for doing any actual work on the bike. It may not look it initially, but that little bit of lean when it's on the kickstand can be a bitch to work around. It's nice to get it up and level; elevating it a few inches makes a difference. Plus, if you need to take the fairings off, you may need to lift the bike. On my wife's bike, the two halves are rivited together at the bottom or something and I need to do a funny little slip and slide dance to wiggle it off and under the bike. There's no way I could get them off without having it up on stands.

And then, there's the tires thing. Knock on wood you never get a flat, but if you do, you don't just throw a spare on and run over to Discount to get it patched. Even getting new tires put on, all the places I talked to wouldn't touch the wheels on the bike. They want you to bring them in off the bike.

So yeah, you can get by with only a rear stand, but you should get both if you really plan to do things to it yourself.

Here's how the front stand works on a spool-less fork:

Last edited by cu2wagon; 04-12-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:13 PM

And then there are some sportbikes that have a post hole in the front of the frame, I think it's reached by going between the fender and the headlight. The front stand will just have a vertical arm with a horizontal pin that goes in and that's how it's lifted. It'll give you more clearance around the front fork to work on the wheel. You'll need to check your frame to see if that would work on yours.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:17 AM
ROTAREDOM

Thanks for all of the advice! I like that USB, and that wire-to-wire connection looks super solid, I like it! And check this out, someone already basically did it with my bike for the mount you suggested.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:52 AM

Yeah, that bike has 1-piece handlebars so he could mount it more inward. You've got clipons and only have a little bit of cylindrical region to clamp to right behind the throttle tube.

The more I think about it, I'm not sure a tube clamp style mount will work. (Also, I think I had to do like that review said and I added a couple layers of electrical tape to make the rubber pad a little thicker so it grabbed the tube stronger. I can't recall if it was the phone mount or the flashlight mount I needed to do that for)
Old 04-14-2017, 11:55 AM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanstereo
Jump to 7:05 to save lots of boredom and annoying video.
The following users liked this post:
opboarding (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 12:02 PM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by cu2wagon

I bought a couple bags of sand at Home Depot a couple weeks ago (they​ feel like boobs) and when I got home, there was sand all over the back of the truck. So I grabbed this little vacuum we have and plugged into the inverter in the back of the truck to clean things up. .
You clean the back of your truck? With something other than a rake or shovel, broom if you are getting petty? Hose when it gets muddy.

Wow, my truck will turn green with envy. I've got the outlet, and a vacuum has never been plugged in there. Air compressor, laptop, cordless drill charger. Mine is too wimpy (400W) for any useful tools.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by RTM
You clean the back of your truck? With something other than a rake or shovel, broom if you are getting petty? Hose when it gets muddy.

Wow, my truck will turn green with envy. I've got the outlet, and a vacuum has never been plugged in there. Air compressor, laptop, cordless drill charger. Mine is too wimpy (400W) for any useful tools.
Right. I meant "truck". It's a 4Runner, so it gets the vacuum.

My old Tacoma would get the hose again (whenever it refused to rub the lotion on its skin), if I was feeling motivated. For the most part, the sole method of cleaning I employed with that Truck-truck was called "it's raining".
RTM (04-19-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 02:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 602 Likes on 369 Posts
Happened to stumble upon a used FlashPro, was wondering what the benefits are of having one with a stock TSX. Would you still see gains in performance and how do you go about using it? I see VitTuned mentioned a lot with the FP, do you have to pay extra besides the FP itself?

Basically I'm a noob so lay down the basics of it on me.

Last edited by rawger; 04-23-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:20 AM
ROTAREDOM

Originally Posted by rawger
Happened to stumble upon a used FlashPro, was wondering what the benefits are of having one with a stock TSX. Would you still see gains in performance and how do you go about using it? I see VitTuned mentioned a lot with the FP, do you have to pay extra besides the FP itself?

Basically I'm a noob so lay down the basics of it on me.
You should check out the official flashpro thread in the performance thread I created. It has pretty much everything you might have questions about. If you want a tune for your setup, yes it's extra money. If you're basically stock, there are plenty of "tunes" for you to use for free. Some are located in the thread I mentioned. I say free, but really somoene paid for the tune on their car and shared it with the forum, VIT highly frowns upon this, as it's his business to tune vehicles, so when people give out tunes for free, it kinda screws him... but to each their own. If you paid for a service and are willing to share what you've paid for then that's up to you as a customer. Just thought I would throw it out there.
rawger (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 08:22 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
You should check out the official flashpro thread in the performance thread I created. It has pretty much everything you might have questions about. If you want a tune for your setup, yes it's extra money. If you're basically stock, there are plenty of "tunes" for you to use for free. Some are located in the thread I mentioned. I say free, but really somoene paid for the tune on their car and shared it with the forum, VIT highly frowns upon this, as it's his business to tune vehicles, so when people give out tunes for free, it kinda screws him... but to each their own. If you paid for a service and are willing to share what you've paid for then that's up to you as a customer. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Yup, this and plus if rawger is bone stock, he can probably benefit from the base maps too which are free, out of the box with the software (from Hondata FlashPro Manager).
rawger (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 11:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

I just have an Injen intake, I don't really count it as a mod though. I tried going through the thread, it was a lot of information to say the least. Basically I was going to jump on it if it was something that's plug and play, but I see you have to do datalogging, some people went through 30 or so. If it's that complicated I'll just pass it up lol. However I'm assuming that is for guys who have actual mods, like a SC/turbo etc.

But if it's like XTC mentioned, where I can just use one and not have to worry about it, that's what I was hoping for.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:01 PM

Well, it's an iterative process when you're tuning it. Log the data, look at it, and make a minor change to optimize. Then retest, look at it, tweak, etc.

But for something so simple, you could probably just do plug-and-play with someone else's tune and be good enough.

But yeah, the major benefit would be if you had some real power adders that need the fine tuning to get the maximum benefit out of.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Pay Dom...
he's a great person and knows what he's doing. He cares about not fuxing your car up and gets you tunes very quickly, along with support. The guy never left me hanging and was very good to me when I ran into issues (car related, not tune).
Old 04-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well, it's an iterative process when you're tuning it. Log the data, look at it, and make a minor change to optimize. Then retest, look at it, tweak, etc.

But for something so simple, you could probably just do plug-and-play with someone else's tune and be good enough.

But yeah, the major benefit would be if you had some real power adders that need the fine tuning to get the maximum benefit out of.
If it can increase throttle response and VTEC sooner then it's worth it to me, even with stock. That being said the auction is still at $400, I'll have to see how much it goes up by tomorrow. I guess the good thing is you can always sell it and get most of your money back.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Pay Dom...
he's a great person and knows what he's doing. He cares about not fuxing your car up and gets you tunes very quickly, along with support. The guy never left me hanging and was very good to me when I ran into issues (car related, not tune).
How much does he charge? I think Vit is $300.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:57 PM

I recall Dom being a lot less than that...
I didn't deal with Vit but I heard some stuff that made me go Dom.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:01 PM

Dom's got your back.

(I have no idea)
The following 2 users liked this post by cu2wagon:
rawger (04-25-2017), ssjoeboe9 (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 01:10 PM

That's so true, Joe!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Dom's got your back.

(I have no idea)
Lol, when he said Dom that's what came to mind.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Err, actually ends at 12:50 PM not AM and still haven't decided if I should go for it. Any last thoughts?

I saw xtc posted a map back in 2015 that he got from Dime Feng and converted for 2011+. Would it be safe to run that? I think iCrap was using it too and I know he was stock.

Last edited by rawger; 04-25-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:14 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Err, actually ends at 12:50 PM not AM and still haven't decided if I should go for it. Any last thoughts?

I saw xtc posted a map back in 2015 that he got from Dime Feng and converted for 2011+. Would it be safe to run that? I think iCrap was using it too and I know he was stock.
No issues with my car and I've had that map since I uploaded it. iCrap was using Dime Feng's original map (09-10). If you want in, use mine.

Note: I've had the RV6 PCD in there since day 1. GReddy came in last year but doesn't really affect anything IMO. Stock otherwise in terms of "engine" mods.

My suggestion (if you get the FP): Flash my map and datalog a few WOT runs. I recommend doing this maybe at a freeway onramp for safety reasons. Check your log for knocks. Report back (preferably in the "official" Hondata thread).

FYI: iCrap ran Dime's map for quite some time, and he's completely stock in terms of exhaust. He never reported any problems, but we also don't know if anything could've developed. Best to datalog for a while and check the logs.
The following 2 users liked this post by xtcnrice:
rawger (04-25-2017), ssjoeboe9 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 01:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Unfortunately I didn't win the auction

There were more guys watching that auction last minute than a drunk girl at a club. I'll keep my eyes peeled if another one becomes available because I do want to test it. So do they usually go for 690 brand new? I'm guessing used is the only way to get one for under 500.

Also, did you notice a difference with the RV6 PCD? I want to add something that might give the car a little more pep, that's why I was looking at the Hondata. Maybe I'll go another route and wait for another used one to hit the market.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:06 PM
ROTAREDOM

Who knows, maybe even a supercharger will go up for sale...
xtcnrice (04-26-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 01:18 PM

Did you get company pricing on your bike?
Old 04-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Lol, you want an STI right? It's funny I went back to prehistoric times last night, before you even had your supercharger and to see how excited you were get it/have it and now you're just like meh. I guess that's car guys for you, after you build it, on to the next one.

I've been looking at used G37S, but with the value of the TSX idk if I can justify swapping + paying for one. So the next best alternative is make the TSX a little more fun.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:14 PM
ROTAREDOM

Did you get company pricing on your bike?
Of Course
Old 04-25-2017, 02:41 PM

Of Course
Awesome. It struck me the other day that might be the case.

Do you get deals on all Corporate Stuff? Like if you wanted a generator or a lawnmower. Or a jet?

Say... Can you get an ASIMO?
Old 04-26-2017, 06:23 AM
ROTAREDOM

Awesome. It struck me the other day that might be the case.

Do you get deals on all Corporate Stuff? Like if you wanted a generator or a lawnmower. Or a jet?

Say... Can you get an ASIMO?
Pretty much we get discount on anything Acura or Honda related within reason... so no NSX, no Jet lol,but for lawnmowers, snow blowers generators, bikes, cars, atvs, side by sides... etc etc yeah we get a discount..No ASIMO either haha, but I have met him lmao
Old 04-26-2017, 07:02 AM

Damn. That's awesome!

If you happened to buy, for yourself of course, a Ruckus and a Grom that you no longer wanted once they got delivered... I know a guy that could help you out moving them.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:42 AM
ROTAREDOM

Damn. That's awesome!

If you happened to buy, for yourself of course, a Ruckus and a Grom that you no longer wanted once they got delivered... I know a guy that could help you out moving them.
I've been trying to get my friends at work to all get groms hahaha they are sweet! we spent our entire lunch the other day looking up the gorilla, ape, and monkey haha
Old 04-26-2017, 07:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,575 Likes on 6,626 Posts
y'all into some kinky animal ish...
Old 04-26-2017, 08:59 AM

I've been trying to get my friends at work to all get groms hahaha they are sweet! we spent our entire lunch the other day looking up the gorilla, ape, and monkey haha
There's a few Grom gangs around that cruise up and down the seawall in Galveston. It's hilarious.

The first motorcycle I ever rode was an early monkey of some sort that my neighbor had. He wasn't supposed to ride it and my parents probably would have skinned me like a deer if they knew I rode it. He was like "lets ride it, but just don't shift".

I shifted. It just seemed wrong not to.

I think I was 8 at the time.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:11 AM
ROTAREDOM

There's a few Grom gangs around that cruise up and down the seawall in Galveston. It's hilarious.

The first motorcycle I ever rode was an early monkey of some sort that my neighbor had. He wasn't supposed to ride it and my parents probably would have skinned me like a deer if they knew I rode it. He was like "lets ride it, but just don't shift".

I shifted. It just seemed wrong not to.

I think I was 8 at the time.
lol that's hilarious! I would love to have a grom gang! It would be super cool to ride 4 or 5 deep through the city haha
Old 04-26-2017, 09:27 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Unfortunately I didn't win the auction

There were more guys watching that auction last minute than a drunk girl at a club. I'll keep my eyes peeled if another one becomes available because I do want to test it. So do they usually go for 690 brand new? I'm guessing used is the only way to get one for under 500.

Also, did you notice a difference with the RV6 PCD? I want to add something that might give the car a little more pep, that's why I was looking at the Hondata. Maybe I'll go another route and wait for another used one to hit the market.
Sorry to hear man. I say if you don't wanna pay for a brand new one, just check the Black Market from time to time. I recall seeing one not too long ago... and you could save a bit of money getting it second hand.

Yeah I felt a difference with the PCD. That plus the FP are probably your best bang for your buck bolt-on "engine" mods in terms of tangible performance increase. Of course the downside with any kind of catless headers is inherent rasp, but there are solutions to this.

👀
Old 04-27-2017, 10:02 AM
ROTAREDOM

Soooo landscaping is expensive AF.... I thought a $1000 budget would be plenty for what we wanted to do. A few roses/flowers, a few trees... but damn. I still have 2 pine tress to purchase and mulch, and I'm already at like $700

I might need to work more OT lol

Quick Reply: 2G TSX Chat, Chit, and General Info Thread