AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   2012 tsx - rear pass window intermittent (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/2012-tsx-rear-pass-window-intermittent-973405/)

2012wagon 09-21-2018 10:46 AM

2012 tsx - rear pass window intermittent

2012 tsx
115 k miles

last 6-7 months from the driver master switch the rear passenger window works intermittently. If I press open window, sitting in driver seat, nothing will happen to rear window. Try few times, window will go down but stop in middle. Have to press a few more times to get it down. Same thing on way up.

Is it a a common issue?

Any ideas on how how to fix?

How difficult is it to fix?

Is it a a connection issue from switch to window on driver seat master window panel or something more?

Thanks for for the help

TSX1012m6 09-24-2018 02:17 PM

2012 TSX SE - Same problem. Rear passenger window has made me do a doubletake once in a while. It just decides not work. Never had it stay stuck for more than a few clicks/seconds.

My passenger door unlock does not work unless you slam as hard as you can on it. Driver side switch unlocks all doors fine.

2012wagon 09-24-2018 03:16 PM

My door locks are all fine

just the rear pass window is intermittently problematic :(

RTM 09-25-2018 03:15 PM

I have the opposite problem, my driver's rear window won't close from the driver's switch. Happens intermittently, and I always seem to be alone, so I can't reach in back to see if its that switch, or other problems. And its way to expensive to just replace parts.

To track it down, I would check to see if it works from the local switch in the rear door. If intermittent from both locations, probably wiring or motor. If only from the front, probably that switch, the electronic control box, and possibly wiring. There are two different control units, one for each side of the car. The local switch is wired directly to the window motor, while the drivers master switch goes through two electronic controls to get to the pass rear door, so lots of confounding going on there.

Richie Roads 09-29-2018 05:22 PM

Seems to be a common issue with 2012 TSX. Used to happen to my front driver window. Lately started happening to the rear right window. I sprayed some lubricant where the windows slide up against the door, it seems to have helped some.

WheelMcCoy 10-05-2018 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 16301295)
2012 tsx
115 k miles

last 6-7 months from the driver master switch the rear passenger window works intermittently. If I press open window, sitting in driver seat, nothing will happen to rear window. Try few times, window will go down but stop in middle. Have to press a few more times to get it down. Same thing on way up.

Is it a a common issue?

Any ideas on how how to fix?

How difficult is it to fix?

Is it a a connection issue from switch to window on driver seat master window panel or something more?

Thanks for for the help

This happens on my wife's 2012 TSX Wagon (83k miles) as well... rear passenger window on driver's side. That door was hit twice though, while parked! The first time was in a Target parking lot. We came back and saw the big dent, and the #@$! driver didn't leave a note. The second time, the wagon was parked on the street and was hit by someone backing up. That driver stopped, apologized, and we exchanged insurance info.

In both cases we had the damage repaired and the window worked just fine. When it later started misbehaving, I just figured the electronics and motors in the door were just beat up. But your post suggests that there may be a design flaw.

2012wagon 10-06-2018 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy (Post 16308382)
This happens on my wife's 2012 TSX Wagon (83k miles) as well... rear passenger window on driver's side. That door was hit twice though, while parked! The first time was in a Target parking lot. We came back and saw the big dent, and the #@$! driver didn't leave a note. The second time, the wagon was parked on the street and was hit by someone backing up. That driver stopped, apologized, and we exchanged insurance info.

In both cases we had the damage repaired and the window worked just fine. When it later started misbehaving, I just figured the electronics and motors in the door were just beat up. But your post suggests that there may be a design flaw.

my car is garaged and wasn’t hit :(

started at 60k miles and got worse at 100k miles

richngray 10-16-2018 10:00 PM

I had that same problem but with both front windows. Ended up replacing the master door switch.

I Deliver Tofu 12-16-2018 11:41 AM

Sounds like a master switch issue. Really common on Honda/Acura cars. They're a little expensive and I wouldn't recommend aftermarket since they usually end up doing the same thing but within months not 8 years. Although sometimes the passenger switches tend to go out but the master is usually the culprit since it's used the most.
The contacts in the switch tend to wear out which is why it'll work when pressed harder or multiple times.

2012wagon 12-16-2018 03:54 PM

Thank you

maybe will fix it next year

TSX1012m6 12-19-2018 10:07 AM

I fixed mine by dissasembling the switch and bending the contacts a bit and reseating them.

2012wagon 12-19-2018 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by TSX1012m6 (Post 16352859)
I fixed mine by dissasembling the switch and bending the contacts a bit and reseating them.

hard to disassemble ?

TSX1012m6 12-23-2018 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2012wagon (Post 16353199)

hard to disassemble ?

Nope, very easy. Pops right out of the door. Take your time.

Elliotak 04-15-2023 05:08 PM

Sorry if I missed something in this thread...

I have same problem-my driver side rear window just stopped working-in the half down (or half up) position. I am looking for directions on removing the door panel....didnt see any on this thread. Can anyone help??
I will do my best to get caught up with this thread-however the "assumption" i made is that my problem is likely in the master switch. Is this not plug and paly for the rear windows?
Any help is REALLY appreciated!!
-EK