2012 TSX front grille - Accord Euro R

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:26 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 TSX front grille - Accord Euro R

Hi, I have done some research prior to making this thread. I still have 2 questions.

I know it is possible to put an Accord Euro front grill on a 2012 Acura TSX. The issue I'm having is that it has the "H" for Honda emblem on there.

1. Do you know where I can find the exact grill I need to buy, and is it an exact fit, or do things need to be modded or I have to buy extra parts?

2. Will the Acura emblem fit over the "H" emblem? If so is it hard to do?

I want the car to look as stock as possible.

I found a thread from 2011....some guy from Poland (on another forum) did it and it looks really clean and stock.

See below pic. Thanks if you can help.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:29 PM
4th Gear

Here is another picture of it. I don't like the "H" Honda emblem on there, as per this and the other picture, it is possible to have the Acura emblem on there....I'm just not sure if it's a total custom job to do so, or can the Acura emblem just be snapped onto the Accord Euro grille?

thanks

Old 10-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
i have the grille.

i had custom badge made as the example you show took some body work skills and NO REVERSAL.

someone posted they were able to FIT the A in so a search might find that thread but IMO it is not going to fit without work like cutting and such.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:46 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
tsx2012guy, the image you posted of the A-converted H grille, is for the standard 2009-2010 TSX, or a 2009-2014 TSX with the modulo/aero/sport front bumper. Notice how wide the grille is, and how the sides of the grille are immediately adjacent to the headlights?

On your 2012 TSX, if you don't have the aero/modulo/sport front bumper cover, then your bumper/grille combo will likely look like this:
Attachment 104704
(borrowed from my build thread, mine has the SE/A-Spec/Type-S front under spoilers on top)

Notice how the grille isn't as wide as the one you posted? The 2011+ TSX that comes with the standard, non-aero/modulo/sport bumper cover has a smaller chrome/beak grille, and you can tell because the grille's sides aren't immediately adjacent to the headlights (note the white between the grille and the headlights; that's part of the bumper).

So, assuming you have a non-aero/modulo/sport front bumper cover like I do, you will need the 2011+ JDM Honda grille. It's a direct fit into the 2011+ non-aero/modulo front:

Notice how it's not as wide as the one in your original post? Also note the number of "bars" or strips of chrome compared to the 2009-2010 JDM Honda grille:

(the one in your original post has been plastidipped/painted/wrapped black; it's chrome from factory, no exceptions)

So if you go on doing the H-to-A project, you'll need the appropriate grille for your front bumper. Again, I'm not sure if you have the standard bumper cover or the aero/modulo/sport front bumper, but the information is here for you to make the right decision.

Here's a DIY from CU2 Dan: https://acurazine.com/forums/photogr...ct-cu2-885343/. He has the 2011+ TSX with the standard bumper cover, so he has the grille that has only 2 chrome bars and isn't as wide as the one in your original post.

Good luck

edit:
FYI, this is the modulo/aero/sports bumper:

(borrowed from Penguin's build; the more I look at this picture the more I want the modulo front... mmm...)

It's the same design throughout 2009-2014, so it has to use the old style sized grille (again, note the number of chrome bars on that H grille, and how wide the grille is).

Last edited by xtcnrice; 10-23-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:17 PM
4th Gear

Hey xtc,

Thanks for the link. A Google search did not pick up that thread, or if it did I must have missed it.

I have a 2012 TSX with "technology package". That's all I know....my car does look similar to that guy's car you showed me.

So I'm still unclear as to how that guy changed the "H" to "A". I went through the thread and it just shows pictures and not the "how to".

Also, on the 2nd page of that thread.....wow. I want that LCD in place of my stock radio.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:19 PM
4th Gear

Also, do you think the grill will look good in plastidip? I'm no stranger to plastidip as I did the stock factory rims on my 2011 e550 coupe (that I no longer have thanks to some fucking asshole rear ending me in Redondo Beach in 2012). I had to get them powder coated because flat black on a non-AMG car just didn't look proper in my opinion.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:27 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
Damn how did you go from a e550 to a tsx? big change!

I think it would look good in plastidip, but i would leave the emblem silver.

Changing the H to A is all custom fabrication.. there is a DIY posted here actually but I don't have the link saved.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:48 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
tsx2012guy,

Sorry forgot that CU2 Dan's thread only showed pics of the DIY, not actual steps. There are a few threads on here I think... do a search in the 2G section. Try the word "emblem" and just painstakingly go through the results by checking the thread titles. Oh and yeah, I'm mad jealous of his double din setup.. looks so good with the JDM double din bezel... expensive as fuck though. He also had legit BBS LMs so, you know he's a true baller

Since you're still unsure.. take a picture of the front of your car and post it up here. We'll confirm which grille you'd need for sure if you did that.

As for plastidip... I dunno. The beak-style grille is starting to grow on me, at least for the 2011+ version. I prefer paint-match, leave it alone, or get a JDM/EDM grille if you have the cash.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:13 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tsx2012guy
Here is another picture of it. I don't like the "H" Honda emblem on there, as per this and the other picture, it is possible to have the Acura emblem on there....I'm just not sure if it's a total custom job to do so, or can the Acura emblem just be snapped onto the Accord Euro grille?

thanks

I need this exact front grill for my 2009 TSX. I know this is an old thread and this is a resurrection message but I will be more than happy if someone can help me out tobget this exact or something better than the stock with A emblem.