2012 tsx drilled slotted rottors need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 06:58 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 tsx drilled slotted rottors need help

Hello
??question do you guys know if a 2012 acura tl drilled slotted rottors will fit a 2012 acura tsx ?
What are some good drilled slotted rottors for a 2012 acura tsx? Any good brands or website / good price's? ?
Old 09-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by Freddy tsx
Hello
??question do you guys know if a 2012 acura tl drilled slotted rottors will fit a 2012 acura tsx ?
What are some good drilled slotted rottors for a 2012 acura tsx? Any good brands or website / good price's? ?
Without even checking I would say highly-HIGHLY unlikely. I'm curious why you'd even ask.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:42 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by horseshoez
Without even checking I would say highly-HIGHLY unlikely. I'm curious why you'd even ask.
thank you for your response. I am interested on doing an upgrade on my rotors. I would like to install some drilled slotted rotors. Any good brands and deals for a 2012 tsx that you might know about
Old 09-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by Freddy tsx
thank you for your response. I am interested on doing an upgrade on my rotors. I would like to install some drilled slotted rotors. Any good brands and deals for a 2012 tsx that you might know about
Are you wanting drilled rotors for the visual aesthetic, or are you expecting better performance? Regardless, check either RockAuto or BrakeWarehouse.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:19 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
TL rotors will not fit. The bolt pattern is different. Stoptech makes a kit that comes with 4 rotors, and both pad sets. (complete kit) It was either jegs or summit racing (I forget who) has em for a good deal. Also puretuning.com has them at a good price.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,163 Likes on 874 Posts
TL rotors won't fit.

Rockauto has deals on rotors.

Vendors in this forum's marketplace (Xlr8, Heeltoe, etc.) have deals also...and their customer service/support is better than other places.

Drilled/slotted rotors are appearance items, mostly. They have some performance aspects though:

The drilled holes in rotors are there for weight reduction.

The slots for drawing in/pushing out air for cooling assistance. But they are most effective using air feed and air exhaust from ducts.

If you want drilled rotors, the suggestion is to go with a reputable brand. Even on a street car, a cheap drilled rotor has some risk of cracking.

More info if you haven't fallen asleep yet...

Blank rotors offer the most braking surface area...so you can use them with the least agressive pad type to maintain brake torque.

Reducing surface area using holes or slots can/usually will actually make the rotor surface run hotter. So...adjust pad compound if you want to keep similar overall street performance as blank rotors.

Pad compound is virtually the only way to actually increase braking performance on a street car (assuming apples to apples comparison with other methods).

So really, if you try to use rotors to increase performance...but you buy rotors with surface area that has been reduced by drilling/slotting...and pair them up with long life, low dust pads....your brakes end up worse than they started off.

The right way to pair up slotted rotors would be to use an aggressive pad compound and then feed air to the brakes.

If your rotors are MASSIVE, then reducing weight via drilling is beneficial. Usually the large diameter and agressive pads make up for the extra heat generated and surface area lost.

BBBO-RRING. eh?

Looks are everyone's preference. And everyone has their own idea of what "performance" means. I'm just informing.

Last edited by BROlando; 09-07-2018 at 10:46 AM.