AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   2010 Acura TSX Air Intake Check Engine Light (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/2010-acura-tsx-air-intake-check-engine-light-928875/)

Aaronkoenig 04-08-2015 11:14 AM

2010 Acura TSX Air Intake Check Engine Light

Hey Guys!
So I recently installed a short ram air intake on my 2010 TSX. After the install, my CEL turned on. The codes that I have received so far are PO172 and PO102. After a few days, the CEL turned off briefly, but came back on. I have disconnected the battery, and reconnected, resetting the ECU, which worked for about 250 miles before the CEL turned back on. I have triple checked any and every connection with vacuum lines, etc... After resetting the ECU on various attempts, the CEL keeps coming back on. Sometimes it comes back on after only 15 miles of driving, and other times it turns on after as many as 300 miles. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

cu2wagon 04-08-2015 11:42 AM

P0172 Basically this means that an oxygen sensor in bank 1 detected a rich condition (too little oxygen in the exhaust).

A code P0172 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters can cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry. There could be a vacuum leak. There could be a fuel pressure or delivery problem

Possible solutions include: Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary Cleanthe MAF sensor. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling Inspect fuel lines for cracks, leaks, or pinches Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail Check the fuel injectors, they may be dirty. Use fuel injector cleaner or get them professionally cleaned/replaced. Check for an exhaust leak before the first oxygen sensor (this is unlikely to cause the problem, but it is possible)

Read more at: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0172 System Too Rich (Bank 1)

P0102 Basically this means that there is a problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit. A more technical description would be that the MAF circuit had lower than expected voltage (air flow).

A code P0102 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The MAF may be disconnected, or a wiring connection may be bad The MAF may be dirty or otherwise contaminated (Note: if you use a reusable oiled air filter, be careful not to apply too much oil or that can contaminate the MAF). The MAF sensor may be faulty The vehicle computer may be faulty (very rare)

The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures: Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires. Inspect for any air leaks near the MAF sensor. Take the MAF out and clean it using a spray cleaner such as brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner. Be gentle with the sensor. Check the voltage of the MAF sensor (refer to a repair manual for vehicle specific information) Replace the MAF sensor.

Read more at: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Low Input

robpp 04-08-2015 11:53 AM

does that intake require you to touch MAF? that the square thing that right before the air box....near the end of the big rubber tube?

if so, look there. make sure that plug is reinstall correctly. and the maf itself is install right/

Aaronkoenig 04-08-2015 11:56 AM

I did have to disconnect the MAF, I'm thinking the issue has to do with that. I'm going to attempt cleaning it like the previous post mentioned and see where it goes from there...

robpp 04-08-2015 12:28 PM

touch it with the negative dicsonnected.

Aaronkoenig 04-08-2015 01:21 PM

I just disconnected my left terminal and cleaned the actual maf and the harness where it connects. Reconnected the battery and now the CEL is off. I will follow up once I drive it for a bit... Wish me luck!

Masterkey 05-12-2019 02:52 PM

Mine too

My Acura 2010 TSX Does the same thing I changed the MAF Sensor cel went off for a day then returned. But I also smelled gas fumes, also I changed air filters and cabin air filter. Now worried about this gas smell and the car is burning a lot of gas . What could this be. Thoughts and Thank You.