Notices

09 tsx problems with power while turning the steering wheel

Old 11-20-2018, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 tsx problems with power while turning the steering wheel

Hey guys Iím new here and I need some help with my wife 09 tsx. Everything is stock except for the rims, since this is a family car I donít want to do much to it. But lately and not every time Iíd does it but when it does it scares me because my wife has to drive it with our 3 kids... so when I go to turn the steering wheel the power goes on and off but engine doesnít shut off. It doesnít do it all the time but when it does I lose power steering which makes it hard to turn for few seconds and power shuts on and off. Iíve never seen this before and never heard of it but it seems like something in the steering column or power steering goin bad or something if anybody else experienced this or know what would be causing this let me know please.

Ill Iíll try to post a video of it

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Cem...Q#Cornelia,_GA
Old 11-20-2018, 04:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts
Probably time to change the battery - likely it's not able to properly supply the electric power steering.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:55 AM

Iíll get auto zone to check to see how the battery is holding up. Its a optima battery thatís 1yr and a half old

let me know any other suggestions

thanks
Old 12-16-2018, 11:23 AM

These cars do have electric power steering. I'd check your alternator as well since it's affecting your dash lights. Worst case scenario you could have a steering rack issue causing it to bind and pull to much current but usually that would throw an EPS code. If your alternator and battery check out, take it somewhere and see if it has stored codes in the EPS.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by I Deliver Tofu View Post
These cars do have electric power steering. I'd check your alternator as well since it's affecting your dash lights. Worst case scenario you could have a steering rack issue causing it to bind and pull to much current but usually that would throw an EPS code. If your alternator and battery check out, take it somewhere and see if it has stored codes in the EPS.

thanks for the reply. But itís fixed it was cause of loose negative battery cable wire, I tighten it up and issue hasnít happen in a month or so.