'09 Loaner/my impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 Loaner/my impressions

Had an '09 loaner recently (my '04 was in for the 60K service.) My impressions of the '09:

The Good: Much quieter, seemed a little bit quicker.

The Bad: Seemed smaller inside (this was possibly an illusion since my '04 has parchment interior and the loaner was black interior, although the size of the console is a factor too), suspension is stiffer so it feels bouncier over undulating pavements (like concrete), steering is too dead on feedback and too quick (especially when on-center).

The Ugly: Is that annoying feature of the self-adjusting stereo volume a defeatable setting? I hated that every time I came to a stop the stereo volume went significantly down.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The '09 is bigger than its predecessor in every measurable place except for the trunk. So that is one area in which your perception is indeed an illusion. It is also most definitely faster and pulls more Gs on a skidpad. The rest is a matter of personal taste I suppose.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
CBP TLX

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by RGlesing
Had an '09 loaner recently (my '04 was in for the 60K service.) My impressions of the '09:

The Good: Much quieter, seemed a little bit quicker.

The Bad: Seemed smaller inside (this was possibly an illusion since my '04 has parchment interior and the loaner was black interior, although the size of the console is a factor too), suspension is stiffer so it feels bouncier over undulating pavements (like concrete), steering is too dead on feedback and too quick (especially when on-center).

The Ugly: Is that annoying feature of the self-adjusting stereo volume a defeatable setting? I hated that every time I came to a stop the stereo volume went significantly down.

I have the '09 w/ Ebony interior and and agree the Parchment interior does appear roomier...

The speed sensitive Electric Power Steering(EPS) takes time to get used to. After awhile I prefered it over my other hondas.

The Speed-sensitive Volume Control (SVC) sensitivity can be adjusted or shut off in the radio menu.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CybrRdr
I have the '09 w/ Ebony interior and and agree the Parchment interior does appear roomier...

The speed sensitive Electric Power Steering(EPS) takes time to get used to. After awhile I prefered it over my other hondas.

The Speed-sensitive Volume Control (SVC) sensitivity can be adjusted or shut off in the radio menu.
It's good to know that the speed sensitive volume control is adjustable. The dealership must have had the one in their loaner car set at the max because the volume went way down when I came to a stop. Maybe that car had been a demo and they did that to either emphisize the feature or so the salesman could more easily talk your ear off when you come to a stop ( they like to do that, it seems to me.) I was going to look it up in the owners manual, but there wasn't one in the loaner car (seems like a bad idea-what if I had an operational problem while on the road? I would have no way to resolve it myself and would have been forced to call the dealer for help. Again, )
Old 10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RGlesing
It's good to know that the speed sensitive volume control is adjustable. The dealership must have had the one in their loaner car set at the max because the volume went way down when I came to a stop. Maybe that car had been a demo and they did that to either emphisize the feature or so the salesman could more easily talk your ear off when you come to a stop ( they like to do that, it seems to me.) I was going to look it up in the owners manual, but there wasn't one in the loaner car (seems like a bad idea-what if I had an operational problem while on the road? I would have no way to resolve it myself and would have been forced to call the dealer for help. Again, )
It may of had a manual,but it could have been stolen. You would not beleive what some people do to loaner cars. I work for a Chrysler dealer and at one time we had a fleet of loaner cars. People would burn the dash and seats with the cigarette lighter,take trim pieces off,steal the good tires and put on some crap tires....BTW we do not have loaners anymore for that exact reason.