Winter exterior maintenance in frigid climates???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 05:14 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Winter exterior maintenance in frigid climates???

I got a question for you cold winter guys out there, how do you maintain your car's finish in the winter? I am talking to those who live in the snow climates not 50 degree Florida or California(I'm jealous you bastards!).

How often, if at all do you wash the cars? Do any of you Zaino the car in the winter (I imagine drying time is like two days!)? When I had the galant I just took it to scruba-dub and thats it. With the TLS, I don't think so!

Unfortunately I don't have the comfort of a garage. I plan on getting some Boar hair brush to clear the snow off the car but don't know what else to use. I tried to get one more Zaino in before the winter but the weather has been rainy and cold in NE.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get a car cover for your car and cover it no matter what ......it dosent have to be a really good car cover either.When it snows all u need to do is peel the cover off and u dont have to worry about the brush or the scraping of the ice and snow on your car hurting the clear coat finish. In the case your car was not covered when it snowed well....i suggest you only clear away the snow that is on the windows and in front of the front and rear lights and let nature do the rest ,heat from the engine will usually melt the snow on the hood. If you get caught on a road that has been salted i would suggest washing it off with a hose and car wash as soon as posssible. if i think of anything else i will edit this post
Old 11-20-2002, 07:53 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks!