Whistle Noise - Passenger Side

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 07:46 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Whistle Noise - Passenger Side

This is my fifth time bringing my TL back to dealer to fix the whistle noise at the passage side when the heater is on. They took down the whole dash and replaced a new vent system at the passenger side, but it still make whistle noise. Does anyone have that problem when you turn the heat on?? Where does this noise come from?? I am sick and tire of this noise in the winter when heater must be on.

S
Old 10-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
In reality, whether your blowing heat or AC and you select the floor vents you should be getting the noise, correct?
Is the noise definately coming from the lower dash duct or could it be the vent underneath the passenger seat?
Old 11-01-2002, 07:44 AM
Burning Brakes

I've also experienced noise from the climate control system, but it isn't a whistling, more like a crackling...they haven't been able to fix it
Old 11-04-2002, 10:09 AM
Advanced

sometimesi hear a faint whistling sound...i have heard it in a new toyota previa minivan as well...

like my friend said..."cars make noise"...it's air moving throughout your system...i wouldn't replacing/deconstruct panels too often...might open up another can o' worms...
Old 11-04-2002, 10:48 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
the noise

i just got an Anthracite 02 TL-P.
I just started hearing this noise.
it's located in the passenger footwell.
it sounds kinda like a playing card stuck in a bicycle spoke.
The service guys said that a leaf may have gotten into the blower motor and hence the reason for the noise.
They have to take the dash apart to get to the motor and clean it out.
He told me that there is no real way of preventing this because the vents are 'slates' that aren't small enough to prevent leaves from entering.

can we say design flaw??
Old 11-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Thanks 'all for replying.

This problem only occurs when the heater is on. When I turn on the AC, there is no noise even the volume is at the highest level. Most of the time, I like to set the system in auto.

I don't know what to do now, maybe just bad luck to pick this one. I returned to dealer next day and show the technician the noise, he noticed it and felt frustrated as I do. He is the one fixed my car for 5 times. I bet when he saw me, he must have headache. We went to an old TL, like '00 model to try it. Damn, there is no noise no matter how high the volume I turn on with the heater. We looked at each other for like 30 seconds, and like, WTF........... So, I made another appointment to check it again. Hopefully everything will get fix for the last time.

Btw, after the major replacement, the noise problem did get better. Unless I personally turn the heater volume up, there is no noise in auto mode. So I guess I just have to ignore that problem, but I feel guilty cuz, the problem is still there. I just lie to myself and try to avoid that. Damn, what the heck is Honda car. I mean the performance and handling are good, it is just too many small $hit in the design.

Cheer,

Sean
Old 11-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Severin
In reality, whether your blowing heat or AC and you select the floor vents you should be getting the noise, correct?
Is the noise definately coming from the lower dash duct or could it be the vent underneath the passenger seat?
Is there a vent underneath the passenger seat? I didn't know that.

Sean
Old 11-05-2002, 07:02 PM
Advanced

Yeah, I have the same thing. Just started yesterday. On the passenger side and it seems as though the heat is turned off all the way. The noise goes away if the OFF button is pressed on the dash.
I haven't asked my mechanic about it yet.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:37 PM
Advanced

Damn, not another case. Man I feel sorry for you. I bought my car last April, this problem appeared in November. After one year, I still have this problem. 6 times man, 6 times, no kidding. I am tire of talking to that mean receptionist.

Sean
Old 11-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Advanced

OK, man, everybody grab ur a$$ and go to your TL. Turn on the heater and turn the volume high up. See if you get the noise or not. Maybe everyone has this problem and just not noticeable.

Sean
Old 11-06-2002, 09:08 AM
Advanced

Hey Sean,

Does your car have a Navi? Do you have an OFF button on the dash? My noise DOES go away if I turn the temperature off. This is weird I have a friend who has a RL and he has the same SH*T. Maybe it's an Acura thing, not just TL. You know, like Mercury cars have specific sound to their engines. Maybe Acura has this when HEAT is on.
My wife says she noticed it as soon as it got cold, I just heard it a day before yesterday.
I am a good friend with a car dealer where I bought my car from, so I will ask them and post the note.

Julian
Old 11-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Advanced

OK, just spoke to the dealer. Yes, there have been complaints in the past about this noise, but they could all mean different things. One thing for sure though, is that when navigation OFF is pressed it only turns off the Manual control; the system still runs of the climate control to keep the car at the temperature that is set in the control. The noise goes away after you press the OFF on climate control because, you shut down the entire system.
The noise itself varies from car to car and he asked me to bring the car in to see what my problem might be. But, listening to Sean’s struggle, I am hesitating to bring the car in.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi,

Did you ever find where the HVAC whistle noise came from? I have the same now when cold and replace the motor blower but the noise is still there ((((

Thanks for the help