Where's the chips (paint chips that is)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 07:16 AM
PAW
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's the chips (paint chips that is)?

I'm getting ready to deal on an '03 TL. I'll be having put on a clear bra very soon after I drive it home.

Other than the front bumper, hood and side mirrors, where do you guys notice stone chips?

My '91 Legend (to be traded/sold) has a lot of paint chips on the leading edge of the driver's side, passenger door. Down below the moulding. Like there is a line with NO paint. Do you guys see any strange locations like this for chips? Especially, you other Rockville, OOOPS! I mean Colorado peeps.

TIA
Old 07-25-2002, 08:42 AM
All Hail the Chief

I have a three month old black '03 and have no paint chips(knock on wood).

You just have to drive carefully...never too close behind another car and definitely not a truck...don't drive next to or behind semis - just gun by them.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:48 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
my paint chips are on my front bumper and a little on my hood. so cover those 2 areas real good.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:16 AM
Instructor

The roof right above the windshield on the passsenger side. I have three nice size rock chips there. I have no clue how they got there. The other big spot is in between the headlights and the grill, but since the headlights now extend all the way to the grill I would get the clear bra on the headlights too.
Old 07-25-2002, 09:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

paint chips are inevitable. I got chips on my front bumper, hood, mirrors, and one on my windshield fluid nozzle
Old 07-26-2002, 02:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Where's the chips (paint chips that is)?

Originally posted by PAW
I'm getting ready to deal on an '03 TL. I'll be having put on a clear bra very soon after I drive it home.

Other than the front bumper, hood and side mirrors, where do you guys notice stone chips?

My '91 Legend (to be traded/sold) has a lot of paint chips on the leading edge of the driver's side, passenger door. Down below the moulding. Like there is a line with NO paint. Do you guys see any strange locations like this for chips? Especially, you other Rockville, OOOPS! I mean Colorado peeps.

TIA
I had a company put a "clear bra" on my car right after buying mine, too. But they also applied the material here:

- Both Headlights (thicker material was used)
- Both Fog lights (thicker material here, too)
- Front face of body kit
- Both side mirrors
- A small strip on each door edge (to guard against me banging my door when I open it)
- A small strip on my rear bumper to guard against "trunk loading" mishaps
- A small strip overlapping my gas fill-up (?) area (it's L-shaped so that part of it's on the bottom of the filler area, and part covers just below the filler door). Guards against banging the gasoline nozzle on my paint.

And, since I have the body kit on, I've often thought of getting the spots just behind the front tires covered. Seems like I see a lot of marks in that location.

Good luck with your deal!

V.