Transmission Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:50 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Problems

I own a 2002 acura tl type- s, recently I had my transmission serviced once I got my car back it immediately seemed like it lost power tried accelerating but it would not check engine light came on and I believe one of the light stayed on from the gear indicator. The car is currently at my mechanics shop has anyone experienced this before?
Old 05-19-2017, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
You've been a member for 8 years and your first post here is if there are common transmission problems? This is great...
Old 05-19-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
lol....yes, the 2nd gen TL is known for having a busted tranny
Old 05-19-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 1,016 Likes on 867 Posts
Sounds like the usual slippage before full death... Pull the codes and if there is a P0740 say goodbye to your transmission.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:31 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for your feedback it's appreciated, kris9884 help me understand why my first post is great? I am not on here obliviously much and the first post you want to blast me? Please do me a favor and not respond to any of my posts, I am on here trying to figure out what's wrong with my car, not here for sarcasm. Thank you..

Old 05-21-2017, 07:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
interesting, this issue surfaced immediately after your transmission service. of course, your issue may depend on what type of service your mechanic performed, as well as the type (brand) of fluid used in the process. was the service performed, a simple one time drain and refill, or was the transmission "flushed". a flush, which is not recommended on our cars, may have removed all or most remaining clutch friction material, which will allow a well worn transmission to operate normally for a period of time. once the transmission is flushed, the remaining clutch material is washed away and the transmission can no longer operate properly. the type of fluid used is also very important. Honda fluid contains friction modifiers at a concentration which other fluids may not. how many miles on your car, and has the transmission ever been replaced? the code or codes detected will be a good indicator of the severity of the problem. a P0740 code is not a good sign. there is a wealth of information and recommendations on this site regarding 2G transmission issues. Good Luck
The following 2 users liked this post by frankjnjr:
HxZ (05-22-2017), jceja (05-21-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by jceja
Thanks guys for your feedback it's appreciated, kris9884 help me understand why my first post is great? I am not on here obliviously much and the first post you want to blast me? Please do me a favor and not respond to any of my posts, I am on here trying to figure out what's wrong with my car, not here for sarcasm. Thank you..
Hey now, I'm just giving you a hard time! Transmission problems are as well known around here as cake makes you fat. If all you typed in the search bar was "transmission", you would have your answer explained 50 times over. So, I found your first post in 7 years asking about transmission problems kinda funny....

But anyway, I'm a giant wealth of knowledge, me ignoring all of your future questions or posts would be a disservice to your self so I'll pretend you didn't mean it. You cant stop me from helping you!
The following users liked this post:
thoiboi (05-24-2017)