Theres a dead bird in my engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 04:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres a dead bird in my engine compartment

Haha, this sounds really funny but it is true.

About a MONTH ago, I remember driving down a street going about 40 mph. All of a sudden this bird lands on the road in front of me. Now birds that get hit by planes, thats just bad luck - birds getting hit by cars, well, thats just a retarded bird. So I just keep on driving and I hear the faintest "thump." I look behind me and see nothing but a cloud of feathers, no carcass or anything. I figure I just nailed the litter bugger with my bumper as he tried to fly away. Darwinism at work.

Well about two weeks ago I opened up my hood to check the washer fluid and I see a few scattered feathers around the engine bay. I was a little freaked by this, but I looked and looked around my engine bay and couldn't find anything. Nothing. They were just down feathers so I guessed some had just flow up in there from my previous run in with the bird. So I let it go.

Now today I am looking under my car to look for the oil pan drain, and I see a bunch of feathers hanging out of the holes thats are right behind the front facia where the fog light would be (I have a 2000). And these aren't just down feathers, these are really big tail and wing feathers! I had actually ran the little bastard over, he took a trip on my tire, and then the tire flung him inside my front bumper!

I'm pretty amazed that he stayed there for a month and it doesn't totally reak around or in my car. Thing is I don't know what to do about it. I can't see him from looking under the hood, I guess I would have to reach around in my wheel well to scoop him out, but even if I did that what am I supposed to do with a dead bird carcass?

I am going to try to get my oil changed tomorrow, I am thinking about just asking that they go ahead and get it out of there, but I don't really want to ask that, after all, they're auto mechanics, not people who dig carion out of people's cars. What should I do?
Old 11-27-2003, 04:58 PM
Racer

hahahahah thats really wierd.

I would probably shove a stick in my wheel well and fish the dead thing out. You're very lucky it doesn't stink up your car but then again, it's not really big anyway.

Yeah, asking the auto mechanic guys might be well worth a try if you really don't want to fish it out with a stick.

I would fish it out with a stick.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Banned

Just remove the wheel well fender and dig it out or remove the bumper. Wear a glove or atleast use a napkin. Either bury it in the backyard or dump it in the trash. I had a retarded bird fly into my Accord on the highway last month, so don't feel too bad.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
poor birds, but really feeling sorry for the cars..hahahaha I had a bird hit the windshield once while driving my uncle's van. That thing just stuck there until I used the windshield wipers. Needless to say, it didn't help I smeared the blood all over the windshield but the carcass did fly when I sped up to 80. It was quite the memorable experience... I never thought it could happen but sure help scared the **** out of me. Just driving and mind my own business and then all of a sudden, BAM!!! The life of a retarded bird has come to an end.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL... this is so funny. Yea, just take your splash guard off and dig it out. I hope the bugger hasn't begun to rot... Whether it has or hasn't, make sure you clean the hell outta your engine bay, especially behind the bumper!!!
Old 11-28-2003, 04:16 AM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
pay backs for them pooping on your car