Tein Basic Coilovers and Tein SS Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 12:13 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tein Basic Coilovers and Tein SS Coilovers

guyz....
i m going to get Tein Coilovers,but which one do u guyz think i should make?
Tein Basic or Tein SS??.....Tein Basic is cost around $1100can......and Tein SS is cost around $1450???.....give me some decision......
Old 12-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Comptech Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
really up to you

if you want very firm, SS is way to go

if you just want daily driving, basic is your choice

but Apexi is a lot cheaper, i wouldn't spend that much for basic if Apexi offers the same thing
Old 12-16-2004, 12:24 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by samkws
really up to you

but Apexi is a lot cheaper, i wouldn't spend that much for basic if Apexi offers the same thing
i had ask for Apexi in Canada's store....they might say Tein will be better.....so maybe i will choose Tein.....

i guess TEin Basic is enough for daily/normal/city driving.....but i have no idea...
its just like more $350 more to get the Tein SS.....so....?
Old 12-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by Bread-A Spec
i had ask for Apexi in Canada's store....they might say Tein will be better.....so maybe i will choose Tein.....

i guess TEin Basic is enough for daily/normal/city driving.....but i have no idea...
its just like more $350 more to get the Tein SS.....so....?
damn

if i am the sales and see a customer like you of coz i will try to sell the most expensive ones coz you don't even know the differences

you probably have a lot of money to spend, so you can go for SS since it's the best of all

but 350 is quite a lot of money and can do you a few more mods

i encourage you to do a lot more research on these things and find out the differences b4 you buy it, you shouldn't buy anything like that without knowing the functions of the product

i work my ass off for money, i have to make sure my money worths what i paid for
Old 12-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Comptech Freak

guyz....
i m going to get Tein Coilovers,but which one do u guyz think i should make?
Tein Basic or Tein SS??.....Tein Basic is cost around $1100can......and Tein SS is cost around $1450???.....give me some decision......
1450 includes installation?

if not then it's way too expensive
Old 12-16-2004, 12:40 PM
08 WDP TL-S

damn

if i am the sales and see a customer like you of coz i will try to sell the most expensive ones coz you don't even know the differences

you probably have a lot of money to spend, so you can go for SS since it's the best of all

but 350 is quite a lot of money and can do you a few more mods

i encourage you to do a lot more research on these things and find out the differences b4 you buy it, you shouldn't buy anything like that without knowing the functions of the product

i work my ass off for money, i have to make sure my money worths what i paid for
um....i m prettty sure that i know wut'z different between Tein Basic and Tein SS...
i know $350 can do sum more mods also....so i dun think i will go for SS then...

no man....i dun have that much money to spend on my car.....but i want its lower more......it should look pretty.....heheh
Old 12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
08 WDP TL-S

1450 includes installation?

if not then it's way too expensive
yes......1450can including installation....this price is for the SS one......
if the Tein Basic including installation,it will be around $1150.....

Should i do some alignment if i get my set of Tein Coilovers?
Old 12-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Comptech Freak

um....i m prettty sure that i know wut'z different between Tein Basic and Tein SS...
i know $350 can do sum more mods also....so i dun think i will go for SS then...

no man....i dun have that much money to spend on my car.....but i want its lower more......it should look pretty.....heheh
make sure to get an alignment kit, just in case~

and is the price there includes installation? if not you can look to buy from a vendor here, it's about 300 dollars cheaper

350 can get you a comptech icebox
Old 12-16-2004, 12:48 PM
08 WDP TL-S

make sure to get an alignment kit, just in case~

and is the price there includes installation? if not you can look to buy from a vendor here, it's about 300 dollars cheaper

350 can get you a comptech icebox
hehe....i know....350 can get a icebox....hehe...

so do u agree i get a set of Tein Basic then...??....cuz seriously i want my OEM stocks back later,if i sell my car....

i know Tein SS can change the softer or harder.....EVEN if i get the SS,i dun think i will change it....for sure
Old 12-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

really up to you

Hmmm the reason why I got my Tein SS was to make it very comfortable for daily driving. I don't believe that you can achieve true daily driving quality with conventional Coilover (i.e. one w/o dampening adjustability).

You're right that Apex'I is alot cheaper than the Tein Basic while offering the same feature.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:17 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by AsianRage
Hmmm the reason why I got my Tein SS was to make it very comfortable for daily driving. I don't believe that you can achieve true daily driving quality with conventional Coilover (i.e. one w/o dampening adjustability).

You're right that Apex'I is alot cheaper than the Tein Basic while offering the same feature.
hey.....so should i go for Tein basic or Tein SS...??...i had ask for the price......Tein Basic will cost around 1150can with including installtion.....but the Tein SS cost around 1480can with including installtion....

so you choose Tein Ss for ur TL-S???
Old 12-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Banned

trust me with tein ss, i thought i wasnt gonna be messing around with the dampening settings all that much, but i actually did, softer for quieter more chill days, stiffer for when you feel like taking those turns at speeds you wouldnt think you can, Tein SS is the way to go, on a firmer setting the car has a very stiff, enjoyable ride at 130+mph, gotta love it when other luxury sports sedans, such as audi s4s and such, have to slow down at high speeds to make it around curves on the highway while you can handle them with ease.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by hansgovil
trust me with tein ss, i thought i wasnt gonna be messing around with the dampening settings all that much, but i actually did, softer for quieter more chill days, stiffer for when you feel like taking those turns at speeds you wouldnt think you can, Tein SS is the way to go, on a firmer setting the car has a very stiff, enjoyable ride at 130+mph, gotta love it when other luxury sports sedans, such as audi s4s and such, have to slow down at high speeds to make it around curves on the highway while you can handle them with ease.
he has no where to go in vancouver

a very small town but with the same amount of cops that toronto has~
Old 12-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Comptech Freak

you got the EDFC too?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Banned

got it, but not installed yet
Old 12-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Banned

Go with the Tein SS thats what I am getting for my 02 TL-S. I have heard nothing but good things and for the money it seems worth it. Afterall you wouldn't want to get the basic and then wish you had gotten the SS later on.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
If you're going to spend that much money for coilovers, you might as well go for the SS kit. After all, what's the point of getting coilovers if you can't have damping-adjustability?

I've got my Tein SS kit and EDFC chilling in the room.. I get my car back on December 28th from the shop. I can't wait.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
If you're going to spend that much money for coilovers, you might as well go for the SS kit. After all, what's the point of getting coilovers if you can't have damping-adjustability?

I've got my Tein SS kit and EDFC chilling in the room.. I get my car back on December 28th from the shop. I can't wait.
damn you

you are so fucking rich~

i can't afford to do the SS, it costs a lot more in canada, how much you paid that for?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Dragging knees in

My family and I are faaaaaar from rich. We're your typical suburbanite family. We're not rich, but we don't have to worry about what's for dinner, either.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Comptech Freak

My family and I are faaaaaar from rich. We're your typical suburbanite family. We're not rich, but we don't have to worry about what's for dinner, either.
me either~

i never thought of the coilovers until i saw it's only 445 shipped for the Apexi deal, so i jumped on it since it costs less than new shocks/springs setup

i need to do some savings for the type-S guages and the icebox b4 next summer~
Old 12-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Dragging knees in

Sorry, I missed your question at the end. I paid 850 shipped for the Tein SS and 320 shipped for the EDFC.

UR pulley set and Grille-Tech grille set are also sitting in my room on top of the Tein box. I'm focking going crazy looking at them. They should be on the car, not on the floor of my room.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Comptech Freak

Sorry, I missed your question at the end. I paid 850 shipped for the Tein SS and 320 shipped for the EDFC.

UR pulley set and Grille-Tech grille set are also sitting in my room on top of the Tein box. I'm focking going crazy looking at them. They should be on the car, not on the floor of my room.
my apexi is only 445 plus 65 to canada, so it's almost half of your SS

taste of sour....
Old 12-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Racer

how much is 1450 in US money?
Old 12-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by eyesnake02
1450 x 0.80

around 1150 US
Old 12-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by eyesnake02
$1,175.92
Old 12-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by MikePA
$1,175.92
i wish i can get 1175 with 1450 CAD

81 cents today

but bank only do 77 cents
Old 12-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Dragging knees in

www.xe.com
Old 12-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

he has no where to go in vancouver

a very small town but with the same amount of cops that toronto has~
sam, you have absolutely no idea about Vancouver. There are lots of places to go in BC where Bread can push his A-Spec to the limit...Sea to Sky Highway from Vancouver to Whistler comes to mind - lots of twisties on this stretch of highway.

As for Vancouver being a small town...if you include Richmond, Burnaby, North and West Vancouver, Coquitlam, Surrey, Langley, Delta, etc, etc...(ie: the Lower Mainland), it is quite large. May not be as large as Toronto, but it ain't small.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

yes......1450can including installation....this price is for the SS one......
if the Tein Basic including installation,it will be around $1150.....

Should i do some alignment if i get my set of Tein Coilovers?
If you lower your TL, a 4 wheel alignment is an absolute must. And depending on how much you lower your ride, a camber kit may be required. Just a word of advice: if you head into Richmond a lot (especially at nites), be aware of Richmond RCMP setting up road blocks. If you are too low (or have illegal mods), you will get a VI and/or tow, plus a fine. So I recommend not going too low, or else you will get busted.

BTW, what speed shop are you getting your Teins from? Just wondering...
Old 12-16-2004, 04:31 PM
08 WDP TL-S

is Tein Basic n Tein SS is the same coilovers??....but Tein SS can change the Height- and damping-adjustability right?....and the Tein Basic can't,right?
Old 12-16-2004, 04:33 PM
08 WDP TL-S

cuz right now,its $400can money more.....cuz Tein Basic is cheaper then SS around 400can......
and i guess Tein Basic is much enough for me?...
wut do u think?
Old 12-16-2004, 04:34 PM
08 WDP TL-S

damn you

you are so fucking rich~

i can't afford to do the SS, it costs a lot more in canada, how much you paid that for?
yeah,i agree samkws.....cuz now i m think about Tein Basic only....haha
Old 12-16-2004, 04:37 PM
08 WDP TL-S

hey...so where did u get ur Tein SS and EDFC??...on the net?

send me the site then....haha
Old 12-16-2004, 04:40 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by patrick
sam, you have absolutely no idea about Vancouver. There are lots of places to go in BC where Bread can push his A-Spec to the limit...Sea to Sky Highway from Vancouver to Whistler comes to mind - lots of twisties on this stretch of highway.

As for Vancouver being a small town...if you include Richmond, Burnaby, North and West Vancouver, Coquitlam, Surrey, Langley, Delta, etc, etc...(ie: the Lower Mainland), it is quite large. May not be as large as Toronto, but it ain't small.
hey partick.....so should i go for Tein basic or Tein SS??.....give me some decision man.....and u can send me a private message if u r living in Vancouver too?
Old 12-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Dragging knees in

hey partick.....so should i go for Tein basic or Tein SS??.....give me some decision man.....and u can send me a private message if u r living in Vancouver too?
It's winter time, anyway. Hold off on it, save up the extra cash, and go for the Tein SS.

www.tein.com for more information.

Tein Basic only has height-adjustable capability. Tein SS has height-adjustability and damping-adjustability.

I got mine from one of the vendors on the forums. www.streetimage.com
Old 12-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Of course I live in Vancouver!
<-------- See under my avatar!

PM sent!
Old 12-17-2004, 02:43 AM
08 WDP TL-S

It's winter time, anyway. Hold off on it, save up the extra cash, and go for the Tein SS.

www.tein.com for more information.

Tein Basic only has height-adjustable capability. Tein SS has height-adjustability and damping-adjustability.

I got mine from one of the vendors on the forums. www.streetimage.com
so for me its only daily driving n turning around.......so Basic would be better for me or SS?????
Old 12-17-2004, 02:44 AM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by patrick
Of course I live in Vancouver!
<-------- See under my avatar!

PM sent!
find a day n have a talk man
Old 12-17-2004, 08:56 AM
Chloe @ 17mo

so for me its only daily driving n turning around.......so Basic would be better for me or SS?????
I can't believe that this thread is still going....

Think of this, if you like how your ride is right now, then go with Tein Basic. If you'd like your ride to be more firm/soft then SS should be your choice (since you will be able to adjust it to be however you'd like it.

I chose Tein SS because I knew that having the Basic would be equal to just getting Springs&Shocks combo (since I wouldn't care to lower it anymore than I have to).

Basic is not Better than SS. SS gives you the feature that YOU have to decide whether you want or not. If you like how your car ride currently, then just go with the cheap option.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:19 AM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by AsianRage
I can't believe that this thread is still going....

Think of this, if you like how your ride is right now, then go with Tein Basic. If you'd like your ride to be more firm/soft then SS should be your choice (since you will be able to adjust it to be however you'd like it.

I chose Tein SS because I knew that having the Basic would be equal to just getting Springs&Shocks combo (since I wouldn't care to lower it anymore than I have to).

Basic is not Better than SS. SS gives you the feature that YOU have to decide whether you want or not. If you like how your car ride currently, then just go with the cheap option.
seriously,isn't it harder will be better than softer??.....but i just can tell you....even if i get the SS,i won't change it (like softer or harder).......

let me ask u this,i dropped by Tein springs in 5 months ago......n now i want to change to Coilover,cuz i want the OEM stocks back,for me to sell my car in the future.......so can u tell me wut'z the difference between wut i had now n Basic or SS soon for my daily driving???

give me some more decision.....

Quick Reply: Tein Basic Coilovers and Tein SS Coilovers