Shimmy AFTER Upshift

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shimmy AFTER Upshift

I have an '03 TL-P which will shimmy (I would not call it a shudder or chatter, more like going over a bunch of small bumps in a car with a soft suspension) noticeably after upshifts, but only under less than half-throttle. As a kicker, as I let off the throttle, it will make a very light thud and the car feels as if the power is trying to force the body of the car forward off of the axles. It shifts fairly well (maybe a slight hesitation from 1-2 and sometimes a bit of a hard downshift from 3-2), although it takes a little longer to shift from R to D than normal... about 1.5-2 seconds. The tranny is from an '06 Accord which had 90k when I got it from the yard, it's been about 3,000 miles since I did the swap and the problem has been going on for a couple hundred miles, gradually getting worse. I replaced the filter during the swap. This evening, I drained and filled the ATF, drove the car about 20 miles, and then drained and filled again. I didn't notice any change. There is no noise at all to accompany the problem. Is there a servo or a solenoid that could be causing this problem? I highly doubt I've worn down all of the clutches in 3,000 miles and this doesn't have the rev-then-catch feeling that I would expect with that problem, but I might be mistaken. I do need to look at fuel and ignition but the car starts and idles fine. My other thoughts are a busted motor mount or a loose suspension part on the driver's side. Thanks.