seafoaming an Acura 2002 tls

Old 03-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
seafoaming an Acura 2002 tls

I am looking for the intake vacuum line in order to seafoam the intake valves and pistons. I am submitting a pic of my engine can anyone tell me where this hose is located ?

Last edited by Michael Hinchey; 03-04-2016 at 05:35 PM. Reason: pics didnt attach
Old 03-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
The port above the TP Sensor.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Instructor

if its the stem above the tp sensor, i dont have that. Check the pics and see if you see them .Thx
Old 03-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Drifting

You have a KA car?
Old 03-05-2016, 12:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 01acls
You have a KA car?
I have no idea what a ka car is?
Old 03-05-2016, 01:44 AM
Drifting

Try the brake booster vacuum port or hose.

Last edited by 01acls; 03-05-2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Instructor

If this is where u are referring to I don't have that nozzle or vacuum hose port as you can see in the pics.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Instructor

Is it safe to put in the brake booster hose? And where can I locate that? An engine diagram will help if available. Thank you
Old 03-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Drifting

^^ Forget that and the brake booster hose. The brake booster hose has a check valve built in it.

Use the brake booster hose's "Intake Manifold Port". You will need to buy a small section of hose to plug into the intake manifold. Might need to reduce/step down the hose's diameter so the car doesn't die. Remove the hose and see if the car idles?

Old 03-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Instructor

I will try this. I was almost positive that this was the hose i needed to remove, but I was un sure. Going to try this in about an hour. Thanks
Just curious why some cars have that nozzle above that i circled on the diagram? Is it because the tranny on my car was recalled and they somehow changed the schematics?
Old 03-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Instructor

So I tried removing that hose. Holy sheez I cannot budge it. Any ideas?
Old 03-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Drifting

^^ non emissions car.

What's the problem? You can't get the connector off or connector is off but can't get the hose off?

Or you can't get yourself off. Lol

Send a pic of the connector/hose? (Work place friendly... lol)

Last edited by 01acls; 03-05-2016 at 01:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Acura TL Builder (01-14-2018)
Old 03-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Instructor

^^ non emissions car.

What's the problem? You can't get the connector off or connector is off but can't get the hose off?

Or you can't get yourself off. Lol

Send a pic of the connector/hose? (Work place friendly... lol)
Haha ! I cannot get the hose off. I pulled pretty hard but I didnt want to rip the house cause=ing more issues than im trying to fix. Ill try an send a pic in the am
Old 03-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Michael Hinchey
Haha ! I cannot get the hose off. I pulled pretty hard but I didnt want to rip the house cause=ing more issues than im trying to fix. Ill try an send a pic in the am
Not brake side. Remove engine side.

KA - NON CALIFORNIA VEHICLE.

KL - CALIFORNIA VEHICLE.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Instructor

So I need to probably take the top off of the engine cover huh? No big deal just didn't want to do that. I will do it in the am. Thx
Old 03-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
on my 01 Ca. car you remove the plastic engine cover- then you see the small hose with a squeeze type clamp on it- goes to the nipple which is on top of TB on my year/model

The other option = and way better for noobs is remove the air filter box top- and its snorkel hose to the TB
Spray seafoam aerosol- Deep Creep thru TB there for direct all cylinders cleaning.
At the same time add 1 can liquid seafoam to half a tank of gas.

Clean both sides and edges . Deep Creep or carb cleaner of the big round air plate inside TB throat- use throttle control to open the plate

2 times of 1 can in half tank works better than just thru vac port
Old 03-11-2016, 04:08 AM
Instructor

Geez

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
on my 01 Ca. car you remove the plastic engine cover- then you see the small hose with a squeeze type clamp on it- goes to the nipple which is on top of TB on my year/model

The other option = and way better for noobs is remove the air filter box top- and its snorkel hose to the TB
Spray seafoam aerosol- Deep Creep thru TB there for direct all cylinders cleaning.

Clean both sides and edges . Deep Creep or carb cleaner of the big round air plate inside TB throat- use throttle control to open the plate

That is a mouth full (Insert "That is what she said" here) HAHA Let me try the [;astic cover and looking for the nipple there first. I will be back to report in.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:36 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl

R u sure the two cans of seafoam in 1/2 tank works better than vac port method? Sure would save a lot of time and smoke
Old 03-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Don't use the brake booster line or the hose that attaches to the rear of the IM. It will only feed the rear three cylinders.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:20 PM
Drifting

No, one intake manifold feeds all six cylinders, not 3.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:33 AM
Unregistered Member

No, one intake manifold feeds all six cylinders, not 3.
Maybe you're right, but I remember that the vacuum lines attached to the back of the IM feeds mostly the rear cylinders. This makes sense if the airflow is split after the TB.

You seem confident, are you sure or just guessing?
Old 03-21-2016, 03:01 AM
Drifting

It really doesn't matter where the port is on the intake manifold, as long as it is on the intake manifold somewhere, the air will travel straight to the cylinder that's creating the vacuum.

The port doesn't push the air, the piston sucks the air into the cylinder so, the air will travel from anywhere in the intake manifold to the cylinder that's creating the vacuum unless there is a closer source of outside air but, thats not the case since it is under vacuum.

Last edited by 01acls; 03-21-2016 at 03:06 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
per a member that looked closely at the innards of the intake manifold a few years ago = there are some vac ports that only feed the rear cylinders!!! including a hose on driver fenderwell the very old diy uses!! turned out to be bogus= as seafoam directions state to make sure ALL cylinders are getting the mixture, half an engine is not good!

After that we all went to the MASTER vac port at TB to engine connection - which pulls a measured 22 inch vac at idle
That can suck seafoam in sooooo fast, makes the liquid/can method not a good plan.
Thru the TB air inlet- or controlled spray can of Deep Creep thru Master vac port are preferred

BEST WAY per seafoams head tech guy is 2 cans - 1 at each 8 gallons in tank
Cleans far more parts than what the vac port can reach!!
From gas tank is does the filter sock, fuel lines- fuel spider and each injector, plus the normal intake valve backs and piston tops.
Even cleans the O2 sensors and the cat!!

The BLASTER METHOD thru vac port is really for skilled techs who need to remove carbon buildup and other residue very quickly in order to diagnose a driveabilty problem.
In that case- if you had actually read seafoams site- there is 2000 rpm used at certain points to blow out the crud!
That will smoke the neighborhood bad~
Thru the gas tank is a no-smoke affair

Remember to clean the TB air plate as its own job.
Time and heat are seafoams friends, let it work to your advantage, get your moneys worth in cleaning~

Last edited by 01tl4tl; 03-21-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:42 PM
Drifting

I don't believe that's true, that certain banks or cylinders are isolated, it's restricted some how, I'll tell you why.

Once you separate the different cylinders you will have an unbalanced engine. You can not have different cylinders under different vacuum. That will throld the engine out of balance by the individual cylinder makeing different HP due to difference in vacuum or different amout of air access. It has to be consistently the same all the time to all cyclinders.

There is probably an air passage somewhere that balances the two sides.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Unregistered Member

It really doesn't matter where the port is on the intake manifold, as long as it is on the intake manifold somewhere, the air will travel straight to the cylinder that's creating the vacuum.

The port doesn't push the air, the piston sucks the air into the cylinder so, the air will travel from anywhere in the intake manifold to the cylinder that's creating the vacuum unless there is a closer source of outside air but, thats not the case since it is under vacuum.
I don't believe that's true, that certain banks or cylinders are isolated, it's restricted some how, I'll tell you why.

Once you separate the different cylinders you will have an unbalanced engine. You can not have different cylinders under different vacuum. That will throld the engine out of balance by the individual cylinder makeing different HP due to difference in vacuum or different amout of air access. It has to be consistently the same all the time to all cyclinders.

There is probably an air passage somewhere that balances the two sides.
Lol, you have no idea what the insides of an IM look like. There are ABSOLUTELY ports that preferentially feed some cylinders. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't tell others that they're wrong.

The airflow splits right after the TB to the plenums. There is a rear and front plenum. The rear plenum feeds the rear cylinders obviously, and that's where the vac ports are located in the rear.

Very little, if any, fluid could travel from the rear plenum to the front plenum.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:25 PM
Unregistered Member

OEM Acura TL 2002 INTAKE MANIFOLD ('00-'03) parts

OEM Acura TL 2002 FUEL INJECTOR ('00-'03) parts

You can look at the diagrams to see how the air flow gets split up.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Drifting

OMG another idiot!

When one cylinder is on the downward/ intake stroke the intake valves are open in that one cylinder only and ALL other intake valves are close. In this scenario along with the intakemanifold under vacuum, any air available (positive pressure) shall go into the downward/intake cylinder period.

IDIOT!
Old 03-23-2016, 01:03 AM
Unregistered Member

OMG another idiot!

When one cylinder is on the downward/ intake stroke the intake valves are open in that one cylinder only and ALL other intake valves are close. In this scenario along with the intakemanifold under vacuum, any air available (positive pressure) shall go into the downward/intake cylinder period.

IDIOT!
I'm sorry you're not able to comprehend this, and prefer to yell "idiot" as a defense mechanism for being wrong. Like I said, the rear ports will preferentially feed the rear three cylinders.

At multiple thousand RPM, the engine doesn't empty and refill the IM each cylinder fire. The rear three will absolutely get more SeaFoam than the front three if you use the rear IM ports.

The air flow isn't turbulent. The IM is designed to maintain laminar flow, which means that the air will flow in a constant stream. Even if the intake valve is opened and close several times, it will maintain laminar flow.

Clearly, you're acting upset and will try to defend your original answer, but I implore you to think objectively of the physics. You are wrong, and you're reasoning shows your lack of understanding.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:25 AM
Drifting

There is only one preferential cyclinder. That cylinder is the intaking cylinder so, all cylinders are preferential cylinders. Therefore all cylinders will receive seafoam.

Under high rpm all cylinders will lean out on seafoam bc the vacuum pressure also leans out or possibly reach atmospheric pressure... zero vacuum. Which means little to no seafoam for all cylinders.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:36 AM
Drifting

LOL. Honey! If you can't understand that, I can't explain it any simpler.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:42 AM
Unregistered Member

There is only one preferential cyclinder. That cylinder is the intaking cylinder so, all cylinders are preferential cylinders. Therefore all cylinders will receive seafoam.
No. If you use the rear port, then the rear ports will get more seafoam than the front. All cylinders will receive air when they are open, but the question is the source of the air. The front cylinders will receive air from the front PLENUMS. These plenums will be refiled from TB, and NOT from the rear plenums (obviously, otherwise there would be turbulent air).

Under high rpm all cylinders will lean out on seafoam bc the vacuum pressure also leans out or possibly reach atmospheric pressure... zero vacuum. Which means little to no seafoam for all cylinders.
Just think logically. At WOT, do you think the cylinder will suck in no SeaFoam? Obviously that'ts not true. The fact that you think there would be no SeaFoam for all cylinders at high rpm showcases your lack of education with basic physics.

You've already acted immature, and I've proved why you're understanding is wrong. Consider just accepting that you're mistaken, and try to understand how laminar flow works. If you insist on acting like a child yelling "idiot" then good luck, you're a lost cause. Come back again with a physics degree.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:03 AM
Drifting

Both plenum are being fill by one vacuum port why would one plenum be fill with more air/seafoam than the other? All cylinders are firing equally.

At WOT there would be no vacuum pressure (negative pressure) so yes no siphoning of seafoan. All the air would enter through the throttle body and not the vacuum port. That's a fact. You can see that on any vacuum gauge.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:23 AM
Unregistered Member

Both plenum are being fill by one vacuum port why would one plenum be fill with more air/seafoam than the other? All cylinders are firing equally.
Because the vacuum port in reference is literally attached to the rear plenum. Of course it would feed the rear plenum.

At WOT there would be no vacuum pressure (negative pressure) so yes no siphoning of seafoan. All the air would enter through the throttle body and not the vacuum port. That's a fact. You can see that on any vacuum gauge.
Omg, you actually have no idea how an IM works. I'm sorry you don't understand why you're wrong.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Drifting

Lol you think you understand but you are so wrong it is not even funny. You don't have a clue what vacuum means when it comes to engines.

When the butterflies are close the intake is under vacuum bc the engine is starving for air, hence the negative vacuum.

When there is an air leak in the intakemanifold, the idle increases because the air is taking the route of lease resistance, the unrestricted air supply- air leak. Most if not all the air is enter the intake from the air leak, just as it would too if you unplug a vacuum hose anywhere on the intakemanifold.

Likewise, if the leak is too big the car will not idle bc too much air is going around the butterflies.

Hahaha... Gotcha. Man you are dense.

Last edited by 01acls; 03-23-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:29 AM
Drifting

The port location have no say where the air goes when the intakemanifold is under vacuum. The air (positive pressure) will go to the lowest vacuuming area (negative pressure), in this case the intaking cylinder. The air cannot go anywhere else bc all the intake valves are close except for the intaking cylinder.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Drifting

There is also a slightest overlap of the exhaust valve being open along with the intake valve in the intaking cylinder to give the air an exit/intake to move the air faster towards the intaking cylinder.

Last edited by 01acls; 03-23-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Unregistered Member

I know you can't fathom the idea that you're wrong, but you are. I tried to teach you how laminar flow wouldn't allow the air to change directions between intake strokes, but you don't want to learn. I'm sorry
Old 03-23-2016, 01:11 PM
Drifting

High pressure will find it's way to low pressure. It does not matter how much turbalace there is. There is little to no resistance when there is low to zero air present (vacuum).

Just like outter space, no air- no resistance.

Fathon that.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Unregistered Member

High pressure will find it's way to low pressure. It does not matter how much turbalace there is. There is little to no resistance when there is low to zero air present (vacuum).

Just like outter space, no air- no resistance.

Fathon that.
Fathon lol. Again, I'm sorry your not able to understand why you're wrong, but you absolutely are incorrect.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Drifting

^ LOL it's all good dude

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: seafoaming an Acura 2002 tls