Rear View Mirror Gone Bad or Going Bad???? Not Sure. Help!

Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 AM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Rear View Mirror Gone Bad or Going Bad???? Not Sure. Help!

I know theres a thread for this already but i dont think many people want to have to go to the end of the thread just to read mine. Theres so many pages in that thread.

My mirror has what appears to be a sticky looking liquid that is smeared across the very top portion of the mirror's glass. Its not a runny liquid, not running down the mirror or anything, but if you look at it, you can see a noticeable difference in color shade between the top and bottom portion of the mirror's glass. Bottom portion looks as if its tinted and top portion looks like regular mirror color and this is with the auto dim turned OFF. Now my mirror has not exploded or anything, theres no liquid dripping onto my seats or on the dash but im just wondering if in fact my mirror has taken a shit on me or if its about to so that i can get it replaced before it takes a massive shit all over the place. Input from anyone who has had this problem before would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
if its not clear in appearance its shot. Id take the # listed in the thread and call to get a replacement.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:21 AM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
It's on it's way out. Call Dani at Magna Donnelly and get a new one
Old 09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, your mirror is failing. Be aware that the fluid in the mirror can leak and cause serious damage to both your leather seats and the plastic console parts. this has happened to a number of TL owners.

Really, everything you needed to know is in the "Rearview Mirror Exploded" thread, which is here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...1&page=1&pp=25

There's no need to start a new thread since people are continually posting to that thread and answering questions.

You might want to remove the mirror altogether while you're waiting for the free replacement to arrive. That will save your interior from damage in case the mirror leaks.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:31 PM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by Bob_F
Yes, your mirror is failing. Be aware that the fluid in the mirror can leak and cause serious damage to both your leather seats and the plastic console parts. this has happened to a number of TL owners.

Really, everything you needed to know is in the "Rearview Mirror Exploded" thread, which is here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...1&page=1&pp=25

There's no need to start a new thread since people are continually posting to that thread and answering questions.

You might want to remove the mirror altogether while you're waiting for the free replacement to arrive. That will save your interior from damage in case the mirror leaks.
Will do. Sounds good. Umm, now is it going to cost me anything to get a new mirror from that company?? Or will they replace it for free since its there defect??
Old 09-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
Will do. Sounds good. Umm, now is it going to cost me anything to get a new mirror from that company?? Or will they replace it for free since its there defect??
It will be totally free. Magna Donnelly has been sending replacements out free for at least a year now.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:52 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Read that thread and you will see...
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
Read that thread and you will see...
what the freak, that dani andriatti girl voicemail says she'll be outta the office till september 10th, what the freak?? I need a mirror from them asap. Is there anyone from there that can actually be reached by phone, damn.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the exact same problem as you right now havent done anything to fix it so i might actually think abt it now
Old 09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mrchan625
i have the exact same problem as you right now havent done anything to fix it so i might actually think abt it now
This should be an easy decision.

Why leave a failing mirror in place and risk hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of damage to your TL's interior? The replacment mirrors are free and can be installed easily in minutes with the aid of the photos and instructions posted in the "Mirror Exploded" thread.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
99TL-p 114K

Originally Posted by mrchan625
Yo, deff fix this shit ASAP. Im at work right now and im so scared about this, ever since i saw the way my mirror was looking the other day, i now just went outside to the parking lot and bagged my mirror with a garbage bag and put paper towels down covering the shift plate, nob, center console and front corner areas of the leather seats.

FIRST, remove your Rear view mirror before it explodes inside. Im gona take mine out when i get home. Ill be alight driving without it for the mean time till they send me a new one.

SECOND, send an email to this adress right here Dani.Andriacchi@magnadon.com and say that you've heard of this problem and that you heard that magna donnelly will replace the mirror free of charge for our model TL and request that you want a new replacement mirror for your TL. I just emailed that guy or girl, whatever they are.

THRID, if you have any kind of warranty, try calling your acura dealer and seeing if the mirror is covered in it and see if they'll replace the mirror for you. If they'll do it then just go to the dealer and have them do it instead of requesting one from the manufacturer of the mirror. Im in this shitty boat and your more then welcome to join me in it as well, since were both in the same predicament LOL.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247

SECOND, send an email to this adress right here Dani.Andriacchi@magnadon.com and say that you've heard of this problem and that you heard that magna donnelly will replace the mirror free of charge for our model TL and request that you want a new replacement mirror for your TL. I just emailed that guy or girl, whatever they are.
Everything you need to know is in the other thread, including the fact that Dani is a "she".

Good luck with installing your replacement. Be careful pulling your old mirror off since it is possible to crack your windshield if you're not careful. Several members have ruined their windshields. See the removal instructions in the other thread.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its super easy to install.

That is the only lady who can replace your mirror.