Radiator Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator Issue

So this is for the oddball 99 it looks like the rest of the others have this from the pics on AcuraOEM but not sure. So not to long ago i replaced my radiator. Picked up a reman Denso to drop in was a simple job. Long story short tranny starts acting weird today seems like a fluid or sensor/solenoid issue so I check and shortly find the leak. Its coming from the nipple from the radiator that is either the incoming or outgoing for what im guessing is the transmission cooler. Just wondering if this has happened to any of you guys and if so where you able to fix the leak or did you just swap the radiator. I bought off amazon so waiting to hear back on if I have any kind of warrenty. Might not buy parts from them anymore regardless of price if they dont fix this I just bought it in April. Im attaching a pic for reference. Anybody installed an aftermarket cooler? Considering that as an option and just cutting it out of loop instead of dropping $60 on a new denso from rockauto if they are cheaper havent looked yet just thinking on the drive home. Luckily i had some amsoil fluid in the trunk so topped it off and rushing home not trying to kill my tranny but im a little pissed to be dropping it all on the road lol.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 59 Posts
The nut holding the nipple might be loose. Whenever I get a new radiator half the time those nuts are loose. You always should check them when you install a new rad. That may or may not be the issue but I noticed the leak may be coming from that area.

Also I always recommend to put new Honda clamps on all the hoses when you do any work that involves taking a hose off. This prevents any possible leakage in the future due to a slacking clamp.

Last edited by musiclevelz5; 08-04-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol why didnt i think of that and it was able to be moved by hand so i am tightening it up now ill check the other one as well. First time ive replaced the radiator so i havent come across it before. Thanks for the quick reply saved me a headache ill have to remember that next time i have to change it. Ill have to order some clamps probably not a bad idea with how old the car is now.