raced, lost, got cut off, hit curb, and hit car...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 08:48 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raced, lost, got cut off, hit curb, and hit car...

raced, lost, got cut off, hit curb, and hit car...all becuase i wanted to act like an idiot.
ok..i pulled up next to this black rsx-s all fixed up...coffee can equiped...but anyways...at this point i was thinking ..should i race or not...well..light turns green...he goes...so like the moron that i am..i go too...so there we were racing like idiots..i was in the number 1 lane and he was in the number 2 lane...up ahead in the number 2 lane was this arab guy...he sees the rsx coming up behind him and he ****s his pants and changes lanes right into me...i slam on my brakes ..pull to the left as far as i could..hit concrete median (tires only, rims ok)...and the arab guys still hits my car on the right front side...sooo...i motion the guy to pull over and he was like..well...i will give you 20 bucks and thats it...i was like Hmmmm...no. so i got his info and he said that he was gonna have his friend fix my car....well...thats it...so lesson learned....no more racing.

ps...damage to my car was very minor...little paint chipped and a little scratch that i think i can buff out.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Still have ur car checked out, It still can have some bad damage and u not know it
Old 08-01-2002, 08:56 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Beason
Still have ur car checked out, It still can have some bad damage and u not know it
nah..i highly doubt it...the impact was very very minor.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:00 PM
Burning Brakes

if it just a scratch, but if there are any dents personaly id get it checked. I just hope we learned from out mistakes. Take it the track.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Since everyone has already commented on the obvious, who won the race?
Old 08-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Instructor

the rsx was pulling on me...so i guess he did
Old 08-01-2002, 10:11 PM
...and then there was One

Originally posted by 16975
the rsx was pulling on me...so i guess he did
You did say he launched when you weren't really ready. Think it would of been neck-and-neck if you had got on it when he did?
Oh, and glad you fifn't have much damage, and big kahunas (sp?) for telling us.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. But I hope you learn your lesson not to race in the streets.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:29 PM
Banned

At least the rat eating/ oil smugling/ terrorist /didnt steal your car & fly it into a building or jack your fosgate system....
Old 08-01-2002, 11:47 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by 260
Luckly he wasnt mexican........................................... ................................HAHA
Umm... Do you want to look stupid and post something like this again? Play nice. You only demean yourself when you spit out racist comments.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:53 PM
Racer

i thought 16975 was a cop?

no? :o
Old 08-02-2002, 12:59 AM
Instructor

nope.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

I raced a 2002 M3 2 nights ago. I was doin 100MPH and zoomed by a all black M3. I looked in the mirror and I knew that he was comming. We were going excess of 120MPH and I was hanging with him. It didn't help that my 250lb friend was in the passenger seat. We got off the freeway and we lined up at a red. He's acutally pretty cool. He rolled down his window and told us that theres a cop around. His radar was goin nuts. So after the cop passed by we lined up again. I beat him off the line and accelerated so fast I made quit a bit of smoke behine me. The M3 turned off and wanted no more of me. My 2003 is bone stock. After the race I still had the rush in me.
Old 08-02-2002, 02:00 AM
Racer

HAHHA thats what i thought

AHHA!

Old 08-02-2002, 03:55 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Snapple
I raced a 2002 M3 2 nights ago. I was doin 100MPH and zoomed by a all black M3. I looked in the mirror and I knew that he was comming. We were going excess of 120MPH and I was hanging with him. It didn't help that my 250lb friend was in the passenger seat. We got off the freeway and we lined up at a red. He's acutally pretty cool. He rolled down his window and told us that theres a cop around. His radar was goin nuts. So after the cop passed by we lined up again. I beat him off the line and accelerated so fast I made quit a bit of smoke behine me. The M3 turned off and wanted no more of me. My 2003 is bone stock. After the race I still had the rush in me.

uhhhm please tell me you are joking...
Old 08-02-2002, 03:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

No I'm not joking. I'm for real.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Maybe he was just a pu$$y or just scared. Who know's?:wow:
Old 08-02-2002, 04:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by turbox777
i thought 16975 was a cop?

no? :o
Hey! I did too!
Maybe it's because he mentioned giving out tickets to cars with tinted windows.

So, were you pullin' our legs or were you a meter-dude or something?

V.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

What? Meter-dude? I'll telling yall it's for real.
Old 08-02-2002, 06:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I raced a 2002 M3 2 nights ago. ...I beat him off the line and accelerated so fast I made quit a bit of smoke behine me. The M3 turned off and wanted no more of me. My 2003 is bone stock. After the race I still had the rush in me.
2002 BMW M3
0 - 60 mph [secs] 4.8
0 - 100 mph [secs] 11.6
1/4 mile [secs at mph] 13.3 at 106.8

Um yeah I'm sure you beat HIM.
Maybe it'd be better if you said, "I beat the DRIVER" not the car.

Any semi-competent driver would have smoked you so bad, you'd be in tears.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:05 AM
Instructor

If a TLS could beat an M3, it would be the best selling sedan in the history of luxury sedans. For $33k you would own a nicely appointed car that can do 0 to 60 in mid 4 seconds
Old 08-02-2002, 08:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

Damn.... where's the BS flag when you need it? I'm looking for a really, really, big one. What's even funnier is how the topic is about a race vs. an RSX... and the TL-S lost... yet a bone-stock TL-S beat a 2002 M3... .LOLOLOLOLOL Too funny...... I can't bad news for ya.... he wasn't racing......

Anyway... sorry about your incident. Like someone said before... I'd still have the car checked out.... all it takes is a tiny little bump and your alignment can be all screwed up........
Old 08-02-2002, 08:11 AM
Pro

AND YOU WOKE UP AFTER THIS DREAM RIGHT??

SOME PEOPLE GOTTA BE STUPID MAKIN CLAIMS LIKE THIS.

HANGIN WITH HIM AT 120MPH+?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE TLS OR WHATEVER DOESNT PULL AS HARD AS A M3 WOULD PULL AT THOSE SPEEDS, LAY OF THE CRACK PIPE AND STOP DREAMING..

MY ASS

Old 08-02-2002, 08:43 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe he meant a 1992 M3?
Old 08-02-2002, 09:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Sounds like the guy wasn't racing at all. Maybe he gained on you just to tell you that there was a cop around.

As far as the RSX vs TL-S. Check the damage under the chassis, if that's bend it will cost you a lot more. Should have gotten a police report or the money on the spot.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:19 AM
Instructor

Dude, I was on the freeway the other day and flew by this guy in a 2002 Porsche GT2 doing about 193MPH. Of course I knew that he would chase. Even though I had my 360lb girlfriend in the passenger seat, Man I was actually hanging with the guy at 196!!!
We got off the freeway and we lined up at a red. He was actually pretty cool. He rolled down his window and told us that Roscoe Peecotrain (spelling??) was around. His radar was goin nuts. So after Roscoe passed by we lined up again. I beat him off the line and accelerated so fast I made quit a bit of smoke behind me. The GT2 turned off and wanted no more of me. My 2003 is bone stock and I was hauling a trailer. After the race I still had the rush in me. Man these TL-S's are fast.

Porsche Stats:

456 hp.
3175 lbs.

0-60 mph in 3.6 sec. 0-100 kph in 4.2 sec.

Quarter mile in 11.9 sec at 120.6 mph

My TL-S Stats:

Too scared to check!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 09:49 AM
Pro

MAN!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE DONE TO UR CAR??? THATS INCREDIBLE!!!

Originally posted by walker29
Dude, I was on the freeway the other day and flew by this guy in a 2002 Porsche GT2 doing about 193MPH. Of course I knew that he would chase. Even though I had my 360lb girlfriend in the passenger seat, Man I was actually hanging with the guy at 196!!!
We got off the freeway and we lined up at a red. He was actually pretty cool. He rolled down his window and told us that Roscoe Peecotrain (spelling??) was around. His radar was goin nuts. So after Roscoe passed by we lined up again. I beat him off the line and accelerated so fast I made quit a bit of smoke behind me. The GT2 turned off and wanted no more of me. My 2003 is bone stock and I was hauling a trailer. After the race I still had the rush in me. Man these TL-S's are fast.

Porsche Stats:

456 hp.
3175 lbs.

My TL-S Stats:

Old 08-02-2002, 11:26 AM
6th Gear

My experince with racing an M3 I have a jetta

Wow you guys, I just have to let you know about my buddy and me. We raced a M3 in my jetta and he was totally lost in the experience, he had no idea what he had in store for him.

I know the m3 is a mid 4-sec car but you should see all the mods that my friend did to my 92 4 door sedan.

This guy is a F*&%ing genius when it comes to cars. He is a little old school but he certainly knows his stuff. After all the mods he did to my lawnmower I really couldn't pass down the opportunity to let him mod the Jetta.

First off I know the jetta has a bigger motor than my briggs and stratton so there were additional mods required.

First he said that electronic bull junk had to go. We stopped by sears to pick up 4 of the top of the line mower carbs. One on each cyclinder i think, and a big roll of duck tape. It's by far to diffiuclt for me to understand exactly what he did but the car really looks rad.

The next thing he suggested was the exhaust. Of course we went with the open header design. We made the first 4 from PVC but they melted. So we went with some rain downsoouts from the neighbours house.

We started out by cutting two holes on either side of the car but they didn't work.

So it's totally killer, I cut 4 holes in the top of my hood for exh. And talk about coffee can this thing really rattles.

Next step was water injection. I didn't believe it at first but it really works well, as long as you don't use to much water as we found out.

So I'm racing this M3 and the guy really looks scared, he has no idea what he's in for.

So we start out at the light of course I'm watching for the yellow. Count to 3 and gun it as soon as cross traffic stops.

Let me tell you I left everyone standing. It was either my rapid acceleration or the fact that there was a left turn arrow first, those guys in M3 have no balls he just stood there looking panzy.

Anyways my buddy kept yelling hit it dude so we went. Of course I forgot to mention I only have one throttle cable so my buddy was holding the other 3 carbs wide open so I never had a choice in the matter.

Anyways after about 5k rpm He yelled hit the water injection.

So wow what a difference, it instally bounced the tach to 5100 rpm . My girlfiend said it was less but I think she was wrong dumb biach anyways knows nothing about cars.

So we are going really well eveyone is lost in the steam behind us. So I'm thinking more power more power. I grab the biaches ozarka and pass it to my friend he proceeds to dump the bottle down the carbs. I don't know exactly what happened but I guess it was just too much power for the car.

Anyways my girlfriend broke her nose on the dashboard and I drove over my friend. He could hold on to the hodd anymore and quickly let go of the carbs. But it didn't stop fast enough he still has the imprints of my 165/25r20's accross his back.

Everyone at by this time had caught up we almost made it to the next light and everyone though we were great. They were yelling and screaming at us about how eveything looked so cool. It was hard to tell excatly what they were saying with my girlfriend biaching and my poor friend under the car.

Any way my sight was a little blurry by now but the guy in the M3 shot me the thumbs ups, (I think), it made it all worth it.

If anyone is interested in having my friend mod their car it's not a problem but you'll have to wait for the rehablitation to finish. Doctor said his moding car days are over, but I really think it's a shame to let such tallent go.

Let me know asap, our next car is going to be my parents astro van it's a v-6 and I'm hopping we can salvage the carbs off the car.

Cooter
Old 08-02-2002, 12:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 08-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by walker29

Porsche Stats:

456 hp.
3175 lbs.

My TL-S Stats:

LOL (wiping tears from eyes) LOL
Old 08-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

where did this all happen? the fender bender i mean. i'll ask about the smoked porsche anthor time when i stop laughing
Old 08-02-2002, 01:39 PM
Pro

Re: My experince with racing an M3 I have a jetta

Originally posted by cube523
Wow you guys, I just have to let you know about my buddy and me. We raced a M3 in my jetta and he was totally lost in the experience, he had no idea what he had in store for him.

I know the m3 is a mid 4-sec car but you should see all the mods that my friend did to my 92 4 door sedan.

This guy is a F*&%ing genius when it comes to cars. He is a little old school but he certainly knows his stuff. After all the mods he did to my lawnmower I really couldn't pass down the opportunity to let him mod the Jetta.

First off I know the jetta has a bigger motor than my briggs and stratton so there were additional mods required.

First he said that electronic bull junk had to go. We stopped by sears to pick up 4 of the top of the line mower carbs. One on each cyclinder i think, and a big roll of duck tape. It's by far to diffiuclt for me to understand exactly what he did but the car really looks rad.

The next thing he suggested was the exhaust. Of course we went with the open header design. We made the first 4 from PVC but they melted. So we went with some rain downsoouts from the neighbours house.

We started out by cutting two holes on either side of the car but they didn't work.

So it's totally killer, I cut 4 holes in the top of my hood for exh. And talk about coffee can this thing really rattles.

Next step was water injection. I didn't believe it at first but it really works well, as long as you don't use to much water as we found out.

So I'm racing this M3 and the guy really looks scared, he has no idea what he's in for.

So we start out at the light of course I'm watching for the yellow. Count to 3 and gun it as soon as cross traffic stops.

Let me tell you I left everyone standing. It was either my rapid acceleration or the fact that there was a left turn arrow first, those guys in M3 have no balls he just stood there looking panzy.

Anyways my buddy kept yelling hit it dude so we went. Of course I forgot to mention I only have one throttle cable so my buddy was holding the other 3 carbs wide open so I never had a choice in the matter.

Anyways after about 5k rpm He yelled hit the water injection.

So wow what a difference, it instally bounced the tach to 5100 rpm . My girlfiend said it was less but I think she was wrong dumb biach anyways knows nothing about cars.

So we are going really well eveyone is lost in the steam behind us. So I'm thinking more power more power. I grab the biaches ozarka and pass it to my friend he proceeds to dump the bottle down the carbs. I don't know exactly what happened but I guess it was just too much power for the car.

Anyways my girlfriend broke her nose on the dashboard and I drove over my friend. He could hold on to the hodd anymore and quickly let go of the carbs. But it didn't stop fast enough he still has the imprints of my 165/25r20's accross his back.

Everyone at by this time had caught up we almost made it to the next light and everyone though we were great. They were yelling and screaming at us about how eveything looked so cool. It was hard to tell excatly what they were saying with my girlfriend biaching and my poor friend under the car.

Any way my sight was a little blurry by now but the guy in the M3 shot me the thumbs ups, (I think), it made it all worth it.

If anyone is interested in having my friend mod their car it's not a problem but you'll have to wait for the rehablitation to finish. Doctor said his moding car days are over, but I really think it's a shame to let such tallent go.

Let me know asap, our next car is going to be my parents astro van it's a v-6 and I'm hopping we can salvage the carbs off the car.

Cooter

W...T...F....
Old 08-02-2002, 03:25 PM

So you had an ADDITIONAL 250lbs and by the grace of the almighty, you smoked an E46 M3. You must have that new Type-Z TL with the 400hp AWD V-18.

ANyway, dude glad your okay, don't race ricers (why)?
Old 08-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Mr. Self Destruct

16975, Was this a 5mph race?
how could there be minimal damage after crashing into the center divide curb and getting hit by an Arab in a car while racing and RSX? Was it like "The Tortoise and the Hare"?

I hope you get things taken care of before the Irvine meet.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:14 PM
Pro

Maybe the guy in the M3 had only one leg and no right arm???
Old 08-02-2002, 07:19 PM
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by sssick
Maybe the guy in the M3 had only one leg and no right arm???
I bet he was blind too...
Old 08-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by baggsTLS
16975, Was this a 5mph race?
how could there be minimal damage after crashing into the center divide curb and getting hit by an Arab in a car while racing and RSX? Was it like "The Tortoise and the Hare"?

I hope you get things taken care of before the Irvine meet.
i didnt hit the curb dead on...just slid on the side of it with my tire...and the arab guy sandwhich me between his car and the curb...like i said ...very little damamge...i was on the brakes the whole time...but alas..my car wasnt stopping oh well...thats what i get for being an idiot.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by turbox777
I thought 16975 was a cop?

No?
Originally posted by VPerkins2
Hey! I did too!
Maybe it's because he mentioned giving out tickets to cars with tinted windows.

So [16975], were you pullin' our legs or were you a meter-dude or something?

V.
What? Meter-dude? I'll telling yall it's for real.
Sorry 'bout the confusion... my question was for 16975.

V.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: raced, lost, got cut off, hit curb, and hit car...

Originally posted by 16975
raced, lost, got cut off, hit curb, and hit car...all becuase i wanted to act like an idiot.
ok..i pulled up next to this black rsx-s all fixed up...coffee can equiped...but anyways...at this point i was thinking ..should i race or not...well..light turns green...he goes...so like the moron that i am..i go too...so there we were racing like idiots..i was in the number 1 lane and he was in the number 2 lane...up ahead in the number 2 lane was this arab guy...he sees the rsx coming up behind him and he ****s his pants and changes lanes right into me...i slam on my brakes ..pull to the left as far as i could..hit concrete median (tires only, rims ok)...and the arab guys still hits my car on the right front side...sooo...i motion the guy to pull over and he was like..well...i will give you 20 bucks and thats it...i was like Hmmmm...no. so i got his info and he said that he was gonna have his friend fix my car....well...thats it...so lesson learned....no more racing.

ps...damage to my car was very minor...little paint chipped and a little scratch that i think i can buff out.
slammed on the brakes at a decent rate of speed? pulled hard left, hit the the concrete median. even if the damage was minor, i smell alignment! check it kman