Question on Hydrolock

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2000, 04:27 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Question on Hydrolock

I got my CAI installed, then had the dude cut the fog holes and install fog lights. I noticed that if you look inside the fog holes the CAI cone is exposed. Exactly how much water can go into the throtle body before hydrolock? I'm thinking that when I drive in the rain some water will definitely hit the cone since I now have a hole exposing it. On a possitive note, I get more air intake now.

Any input will be appreciated.

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Mesh Bumper.
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!
Old 11-05-2000, 12:26 PM
Jens

AEM now sells a safety valve that should alleviate any concerns about water ingress into the intake for your engine.It takes about a cupful of water to get inside the engine to hydrolock the engine.PLEASE BE AWARE this WILL destroy your engine I have seen two Integras this past year with fist sized holes blown thru the crankcase due to water ingress from CAI systems.Needless to say should you arrive at the dealer with a CAI and a blownup engine full of water in the cylinders,warranty repairs to the engine will obviously be declined.It would be agood idea to devise a shield to protect the air filter from water,and installing the safety valve is in my opnion a must.