Power windows quit ... help !!

Old 08-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Power windows quit ... help !!

Hey everyone !!! Just got in my ride after work,turned the car on and noticed that The right passenger window and both rear quit working but drivers side is ok ... any idea what this could be ?? Thanks in advance !!!
Old 08-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
Have you checked the buttons on the respective doors, not just from your master switch? I'd do that to confirm its not just a buttons issue, and then I'd move on to pulling open the doors to check the regulators - it'd be very weird though if all three died at the same time so someone who knows more than me on this forum may have better suggestions.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Arkady
Have you checked the buttons on the respective doors, not just from your master switch? I'd do that to confirm its not just a buttons issue, and then I'd move on to pulling open the doors to check the regulators - it'd be very weird though if all three died at the same time so someone who knows more than me on this forum may have better suggestions.
yes I have checked all the individual buttons and non of them work only the driver side works I also find it very weird that all 3 quit at the same time expect driver side ... I don't have the slightest clue of what it can be ?!?!?!?
Old 08-21-2017, 06:11 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Turn the headlights on, and check if the window switches are lit up. If only the driver's window switch is lit up, then it's probably the window control switch that disables the other windows.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Karanx7
Turn the headlights on, and check if the window switches are lit up. If only the driver's window switch is lit up, then it's probably the window control switch that disables the other windows.
Hi thanks for you're help !!!
just did the test !! Only switch that lights up is the divers switch that is written auto on it, all the rest don't light even the individual ones on each door don't light up ..
Old 08-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Instructor

i decided to go back and check the passenger fuse box and verified each and every fuse and I noticed that each window that doesn't receive power, the fuses metallic connectors are brownish instead of being clean metallic , I checked the one of my driver window that works and it's clean I decided to switch my drivers side fuse with the other windows but nothing happened it's like all 3 windows are dead no power is getting to them, all the rest is fine sunroof door locks etc
Old 08-21-2017, 10:09 PM
Unregistered Member

I already told you the problem. It's the window control switch.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:18 AM
Instructor

Alright ... that's what i will do !! I will let you know if all is good .
thanks again !!
Old 08-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Instructor

update !!
after replacing the window control switch nothing changed .. put back the old one and it started working ,found out the problem was the wires covered with black rubber running from the door to inside of the car, each time the windows quit working I moved the wires and all is good for now !! Eventually i will change the harness !!
Thanks anyways 😉
Old 08-23-2017, 07:14 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally Posted by max4swag
update !!
after replacing the window control switch nothing changed .. put back the old one and it started working ,found out the problem was the wires covered with black rubber running from the door to inside of the car, each time the windows quit working I moved the wires and all is good for now !! Eventually i will change the harness !!
Thanks anyways 😉
Why would you change the switch? Just test the window switch wires. You don't need to replace the entire harness, just the faulty wire that is causing an open with the switch.

Search this Thread