Pictures of my 2002 TL-P!

Old 09-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pictures of my 2002 TL-P!

Well it was a beautiful day today so I finally had a good opportunity to wash and detail my TL so here's the pictures! I took pictures of the interior but they didn't come out good because the flash kept coming on when it wasn't suppose to so I will add interior pics sometime tomorrow. Let me know what you think of the pics!

Current mods: Comptech Icebox intake, Greddy SP2 catback exhaust, 17" Rial Porto alloy rims w/ Michelin Primacy MXV4 premium-touring tires.

Future mods: Tokico HP shocks/struts, DC Sport headers (as soon as they send me the CORRECT rear header!), Comptech tranny cooler, 4th gen TL 3.5L intake manifold.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:58 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ǝdʎʇ uɐɔ ı

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
hot!
if you ever get a chance black out them headlights - looks really nice!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Advanced

Yeah now that you mentioned it maybe I will black out the headlights. I was also thinking about tinting the windows and adding a remote starting system too. But all in all I really like my TL a lot and I get lots of compliments from family, friends, and even total strangers on the road especially after I got the 17" Rial Porto rims with the Michelin MXV4 tires.

Also I can't wait to see the power difference once I add the DC Sport headers to the Comptech Icebox intake and the Greddy SP2 catback exhaust, the idiots that they are boxed up 2 front headers instead of 1 front and 1 rear so I have to wait for them to send me the correct rear header before I can re-do the install.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:33 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
its so high!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
its so high!
You know I was kinda thinking the same thing when I first took the pictures. Can anyone recommend some good lowering springs that would be a light drop and that would match up nicely to the Tokico HP blues? My future plans are to get those damn DC Sport headers put in once and for all, add the Comptech tranny cooler and possibly a 4th gen TL 3.5/3.7L intake manifold, but as far as suspension goes I really wanna get some good springs that would give just a fairly mild drop (I don't wanna have any problems with scraping and I don't wanna kill the stock compliant ride.) and to complement the springs I wanted to get the Tockico HP blues for better ride and handling. Any suggestions??
Old 09-19-2010, 09:00 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
H&R is prob your best bet for springs.

B&G shock/spring kit is pretty good, what i have, gets rid of the wheel gap and handling improves, firmer ride yet more controlled than stock when you hit a bump.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:29 PM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
blackout headlights and chrome trim
drop
debadge
kit
mugen 3 piece spoiler or replica
and youre golden
Old 09-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Rice Patrol

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^i'd say the same...he can call us when he gets $2-3k for the parts :-D
Old 09-21-2010, 07:41 AM
2003 TL

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
nice. +1 on tinting the windows too

weird seeing the cover on the engine + battery. wish i remembered where i put those things years ago
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 AM
WINNING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lower 100 percent...
get a kit..
tint...
Old 09-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Advanced

Ok I am definitely gonna do at least a mild drop with some Eibach springs and I'm gonna complement them with the Tokico HP Blues. First of all does anyone have any feedback on the Tokico HP blues (preferrably people who use them or have used them before) ?

Also I am gonna do the window tinting for sure next week and I am going to look into getting a body kit and maybe a nice spoiler too. Hopefully after I get all of this done the car will really be looking sharp.

As far as performance goes I'm still waiting for DC Sport to send me the correct rear header so I can FINALLY get the headers put on to complement the Comptech Icebox and the Greddy SP2 catback which I both really like a lot. After the headers I was looking to go with a 4th gen 3.5L intake manifold, TB spacer, Comptech tranny cooler, and possibly a pulley set.

I have to admit that although I would absolutely LOVE having the Comptech supercharger I'm not too sure it would be a good idea to take the performance mods to that kind of extreme since this is my only car and my daily driver (but I work from home which is a good thing because the car doesn't see a daily work commute in heavy stop and go traffic) so I'm not sure if I would be willing to take on such a large mod like supercharging although I'm sure the car would be simply amazing with it.

I was thinking of obviously keeping my TL as my nice comfortable daily driver with a nice blend of performance and cosmetic mods without going too extreme to keep the OEM comfort, luxury, reliability and longevity; and then possibly getting a second car as a project car that would be both inexpensive to purchase and inexpensive to modify and if necessary restore.

I was thinking of maybe a 1987 Buick Grand National that needs some mild to moderate restoration as a secondary project car to have soley for occasional weekend driving and to shows and conventions with classic car insurance which is typically only a few hundred dollars a year. I have always loved the Grand National even as a kid, but I'm not sure if it would be a good choice as a inexpensive secondary project car. On the other hand I was also considering maybe a 1992-1996 Honda Prelude VTEC to keep as a second project car as I'm becoming a Honda/Acura fan ever since I bought my TL this past May.

I dunno I'm kinda confused on what route to go here but I do have some extra cash to spend and I do think that logically it would be a smarter choice to not go too crazy with the TL and keep it as a comfortable and reliable daily driver, and then get a secondary project car for weekends and shows to mod and build. As long as I can get the secondary project car without breaking the bank and it is relatively cheap to mod then I would be happy with it. I'm looking for something in the range of mid 80's to mid 90's that would be a solid project performance car. Any suggestions and/or comments??

Last edited by crazyjkz; 09-21-2010 at 10:16 AM.