Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 03:10 AM

Post Need Advice

Well apparently next week my car will be ready after that major accident I had. The insurance company agreed to replace all the parts damaged, including:
-front bumper cover, spoiler, reinforcement, grille, grille moulding, ctr grille moulding, grille emblem, combination lamp lens and housing, hood panel, hinge, primary latch, seal retainers, cooling radiator, fan shroud, air conditioner condenser & receiver/driver... the list goes on... over 45 parts. Now the advice and help I need is:
1) Does anyone have the helms manual or something that could point out what components are specifically located at the front of the car right before the engine? 2) Also I need to find out what to look for when I pick up the car, other than the standard good paint job and panels matching...
3) Should I take an independent mechanic with me, or take it to an autobody or mechanic for an inspection just to make sure everything was done right? and to have the car thoroughly tested? I mean after $8500 worth of damage to the car, it is difficult to trust that it would be once again in brand new condition.
4) How can I find out if all the mechanical components were placed in the proper location, and secured properly and look fine? I am not a mechanic and wouldn't know the difference between the location of the internal parts of the car.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by GodzillaTL on 11-10-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 11-10-2000, 03:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Make a negative a positive...Replace the bumber with an Inspire bumper and factory fogs....Have the body shop clear the headlights and we all know the suspension was affected so install the Comptech springs and Eibach springs...LOL

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. Soon to have 17" wheels. Lowered 1.5" & Comptech Axle back Exhaust.
Old 11-10-2000, 03:59 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I will assume your insurance company is paying for the parts to be installed. Your claim will not be complete until you are satisfied with the repair. This may mean taking your car to the dealer and having them check out the installation/repair and correcting what was once done wrong. The bill then goes to your insurance company. Call your agent...if he gives you the runaround, talk to his boss. I'm pretty sure they will be most accommodating.
Good luck!
Old 11-10-2000, 04:04 AM
Burning Brakes

My sister is going through the same thing with ther Maxima SE. They still have yet to fix the suspension and steering right. According to the law or at least insurance policy, you have up tp a year to make clains against the accident.

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. Soon to have 17" wheels. Lowered 1.5" & Comptech Axle back Exhaust.
Old 11-10-2000, 04:38 AM
Racer

well... just atake it to a machinic that you trust.if there is any...

------------------
Bad ass TL...but...
Cant afford Mods.....