Navigation works but clock not working - Page 10 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Navigation works but clock not working

Old 01-04-2018, 06:13 PM
  #361  
M_T
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Age: 70
Posts: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by beeker View Post
I've had very limited success at creating ISO discs for computer use and never attempted one for a car DVD. I'd rather send the real McCoy, with a higher likelihood of success.
.
In some other forum a decade ago, there was a lot of detailed discussion about that these are dual-layer DVD-ROMs and the bits are laid in a different format than you can (reasonably) do with DVD-R or DVD+R writers. There is some s/w that claims to handle this (I'm pretty sure I know how they do it), but I haven't seen anyone indicate this is widely supported by COTS dvd burning software.
M_T is offline  
Old 01-04-2018, 11:58 PM
  #362  
Registered Member
 
murky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
After 5 or 6 months I'm back in business.

I wasn't expecting a map update, and it wouldn't do me any good since I have the latest release for the 2000, which is quite old.

I followed the directions 2 or 3 times with no joy. Instead of "incorrect disc" I got "replace disc" or something to that effect, and if I put in the original at that point, it would "download" again from my Navi disc and then boot normally without getting to the turn off the car step, and then go back to my 0:00 screen.

So I came back to the forum, and saw to try the Navi fuse. I pulled that for about a minute while the car was off, and then the steps on the back of the fix disc case worked as advertised.
murky is offline  
Old 01-05-2018, 02:22 PM
  #363  
M_T
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Age: 70
Posts: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Smile If at first you don't succeed...

Based on the erratic results seen in this group, I tried the patch disc again today, and IT WORKED.

I didn't really do anything different than two days ago. My car was in the same position on the driveway. Temp again in the low 60s, RH a bit higher (80%).
I hadn't driven the car yet today. I didn't actually turn on the engine but turned the ignition to ON without starting the car. (so the voltage might be different).

As soon as the Navi system started up, I switched to map, and then quickly swapped DVDs, making sure I closed the door quickly.
By the time I got back to the driver's seat, the world was on the screen, and then the screen went dark, and it stayed that way
for 5-10 seconds. Then a little blue window came up indicating it was downloading software (Beeker's image 3. Then i got the screen that says
not to turn off then engine (Beeker's image 4). It finished that pretty quickly and went to a screen indicating it was the incorrect disc.
I then swapped to the original disk. It still had the incorrect disc screen, so I turned off the ignition for a couple of minutes.
Upon restart, I had a clock again.

It seems there is some unknown factor affecting whether this works. Whether there is some time dependence factor based on how long since the
regular navigation system was up or where in the 12.5 minute GPS cycle you are, or what the voltage is, or whether your cat likes his cat food today, I don't know.

But, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Thanks Acura! and thanks to this board for letting us share our experiences and knowledge!
M_T is offline  
Old 01-06-2018, 11:07 PM
  #364  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NJ
Age: 58
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
UPDATE:
Just got my patch DVD from Acura for my '02 TLS, did the patch and my navi clock is back! Thank you Acura!

Putting this disc in the owners manual case, just in case...
WillK6 is offline  
Old 01-07-2018, 02:34 AM
  #365  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: escondido, ca
Posts: 84
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I installed the update for 2.50 disc today. Everything went according to the instructions until the last step when everything was supposed to work normally again. The navi screen was completely blank, no buttons worked, it was completely dead. I let the car run for at least 8 mins and nothing happened at all. Turned the car off and back on. Still just a blank screen. I gave up. Several hours later I had to go somewhere and the navi booted right up normally and the clock was already set with the correct time. So in the end it really did work fine.

Thanks to Acura for finally fixing the clock.
allyn is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 04:23 PM
  #366  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 57
Posts: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by M_T View Post
My 2002 TL has the same s/w version. My disk arrived today and I tried to follow the instructions. My navi is in the trunk and I wasn't in a hurry to get back to the screen. I got the blank screen for close to 5 minutes until I gave up. I went back to Navi disk and it was ok. Then another round of getting a blank screen. I decided maybe it was that I didn't close the navi door quickly enough. When I closed it as the disk was inserting (red label on top, of course), I see the screen go blank as the disc is being inserted, show the World image for 7 seconds, then go blank for a fraction of a second, then pop an error message indicating the disc is unformatted. (While typing this msg I tried again 3 times, once got the blank screen, and twice got the unformatted error.)

The disc is a printed disc with "Honda Navigation System V2.12.70 DVD" etched in the center area. No obvious damage or distortions. As I considered what might be wrong, I meticulously cleaned the disk of the small amount of white debris on it (possibly from the instructions packaged with the disc). I then got the patch disc to trigger the system with a cycle of 7 seconds of world (ie, boot?) and 35 seconds of darkness, and then repeat for ~4 minutes.

I also got a blank screen and also an unformatted error when I put the normal navigation disk in. In both cases, i turned off the car, waited a couple of minutes and turned it back on, resulting in a normal boot of the system..

I haven't tried yanking the fuse or unplugging the DVD reader.
I do appreciate Acura/Honda fixing this -- if it does get fixed. I guess I'll be calling them again.
Working on the 2nd disk they sent me and got the same thing you got with both disks and still 0:00 on the clock.
fffjxc is offline  
Old 01-08-2018, 07:13 PM
  #367  
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Age: 48
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Looks like different people are getting different results, and the moral of the story is to keep trying.
I wonder if anyone experienced exactly what happened to me, with the NAV/ Climate controls shutting down, and refusing to turn back on.
I was really sweating it big time, because not only did NAV not turn on, I lost my climate controls along with it.
I'm glad pulling the fuse worked for someone else, although they didn't seem to experience my same issue.
Lupo_SHO is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lupo_SHO For This Useful Post:
fffjxc (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 07:20 PM
  #368  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 57
Posts: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lupo_SHO View Post
Looks like different people are getting different results, and the moral of the story is to keep trying.
I wonder if anyone experienced exactly what happened to me, with the NAV/ Climate controls shutting down, and refusing to turn back on.
I was really sweating it big time, because not only did NAV not turn on, I lost my climate controls along with it.
I'm glad pulling the fuse worked for someone else, although they didn't seem to experience my same issue.
Did not have that happen to me but still can't get the DVD to upload and this is the 2nd DVD I received from Honda. Drove out of my garage and up the hill from me and started seeing "Software updating" got to about 2 blocks on the update bar, stalled and then shot a check disk message. Recognize these are older cars/SUV's but thought they could get the fix right.
fffjxc is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 04:47 PM
  #369  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Has anyone else lost the ability to get the large clock screen after the update?
fasTLane is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 01:40 AM
  #370  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: escondido, ca
Posts: 84
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by allyn View Post
I installed the update for 2.50 disc today. Everything went according to the instructions until the last step when everything was supposed to work normally again. The navi screen was completely blank, no buttons worked, it was completely dead. I let the car run for at least 8 mins and nothing happened at all. Turned the car off and back on. Still just a blank screen. I gave up. Several hours later I had to go somewhere and the navi booted right up normally and the clock was already set with the correct time. So in the end it really did work fine.

Thanks to Acura for finally fixing the clock.
Looks like I spoke too soon. Now more than half the time when I start the car I get the "completely dead navi screen" problem. Other times it works perfectly normally with working clock. No rhyme or reason. Tonight when I got home (with navi screen working), I turned the car off and back on and navi was dead.

Anybody else seeing this with 2.50 disc?
allyn is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 08:59 AM
  #371  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by allyn View Post
Looks like I spoke too soon. Now more than half the time when I start the car I get the "completely dead navi screen" problem. Other times it works perfectly normally with working clock. No rhyme or reason. Tonight when I got home (with navi screen working), I turned the car off and back on and navi was dead.

Anybody else seeing this with 2.50 disc?
I also ran into this but I had accidentally installed my clock fix disc over a downgraded disc version (the semi-fix that was being shared awhile back). I had to force an upgrade to my correct newer version 2.20 and then patch with my clock fix disc afterward. Seems to work fine except that I can't get the large clock display to show.
fasTLane is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:50 AM
  #372  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fasTLane View Post
I also ran into this but I had accidentally installed my clock fix disc over a downgraded disc version (the semi-fix that was being shared awhile back). I had to force an upgrade to my correct newer version 2.20 and then patch with my clock fix disc afterward. Seems to work fine except that I can't get the large clock display to show.
An update. I still get the black screen at start up if the unit is off for less than 20 seconds. This is nuts.
fasTLane is offline  
Old 01-27-2018, 01:42 AM
  #373  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: puyallup wa
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bad clock fix disc?

So, I followed instructions that came with the fix disc precisely, and it did fix the clock. But now, the nav screen remains black every single time after starting the car unless I open, then close the disc door before starting the car! I forced a download from the nav disc (2.60) which locked the clock to 00:00, and allowed the nav screen to come up reliably on every start. I then ran the fix disc process from the beginning, which fixed the clock again, but also brought back the black screen problem again. Is my fix disc bad?
starlifter f/e is offline  
Old 01-28-2018, 09:01 PM
  #374  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Meriden CT
Age: 33
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Navigation

06 TL without navi.. if i buy navi screen will the climate controls work with the radio stations?? I know the Navi will not work tho
06TL06 is offline  
Old 01-30-2018, 04:49 PM
  #375  
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 50
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
I am not sure why the fix did not work for some folks. I followed the directions exactly and the clock works fine now and the navi system works the same way it always did.
i have a 2002 tl type S so i am not sure why some folks are having troubles. I wonder if the folks having troubles told acura the version they were running from the info screen of the system. I did not tell them the version on the CD but rather the version when you look in the application when the key is on.
Jim O'Hare is offline  
Old 02-01-2018, 12:53 PM
  #376  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I just finally used the "counter measure update disc" (as Acura calls it) after receiving it a month ago. I have the disc which lists versions 2.80, 2.90, and 2.A0 (which applies to my unit) --- 2003 TL/S actually made in June 2002. I followed the directions contained with the disc exactly as indicated. I had NO issues whatsoever. They were very accurate, with ONE possible exception. After the update disc completed and i saw the message "Incorrect DVD disc" (clock came back on at this point) , i re-inserted the original NAVI disc (2.A0) and the unit seemed to re-boot almost immediately, and I never saw the message "Navigation unit door is open" as indicated in the instructions. I am guessing that by the time I got back to the driver's seat this message was gone. Also, it did not seem that I had to shut off the engine or turn the ACC off, as the instructions indicated. However, I did turn off the engine anyway after almost 2 minutes (the directions said only 1 minute). When i turned the engine back on, the NAVI unit booted up like it always has. I waited for the warning screen to end and the normal screen was displayed. I then reset the clock and also went to one of my previous destinations, and everything worked properly with no issues. I got the nice lady's voice telling me to "proceed to the highlighted route......" When i go back to the car later, I hope it is still good....
I have seen some people here having issues with the update disc and others have not had any issues. Pulling fuses out makes no sense to me, but it seems to have worked for some, but i wonder if it was just a matter of the unit taking more time to re-boot. Just make sure that you have received the proper update disc for the latest NAVI DVD version that was in your system. If the update disc you received does not match the NAVI version you have been running, i can see where problems will occur. I am quite sure that the latest version that was available for my 2003 TL/S is 2.A0, which which was distributed when the car was 10 years old, in early 2013. That is what the mailing said at the time, and that is why i bought it. The whole system is essentially obsolete anyway now, but still effective in areas of the country where few new roads have been built, etc.... Today's GPS systems are real-time satellite based, even the smart phone apps... I live in New York, so it is still accurate....

Good luck......
rambleon is offline  
Old 02-01-2018, 01:11 PM
  #377  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 57
Posts: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rambleon View Post
I just finally used the "counter measure update disc" (as Acura calls it) after receiving it a month ago. I have the disc which lists versions 2.80, 2.90, and 2.A0 (which applies to my unit) --- 2003 TL/S actually made in June 2002. I followed the directions contained with the disc exactly as indicated. I had NO issues whatsoever. They were very accurate, with ONE possible exception. After the update disc completed and i saw the message "Incorrect DVD disc" (clock came back on at this point) , i re-inserted the original NAVI disc (2.A0) and the unit seemed to re-boot almost immediately, and I never saw the message "Navigation unit door is open" as indicated in the instructions. I am guessing that by the time I got back to the driver's seat this message was gone. Also, it did not seem that I had to shut off the engine or turn the ACC off, as the instructions indicated. However, I did turn off the engine anyway after almost 2 minutes (the directions said only 1 minute). When i turned the engine back on, the NAVI unit booted up like it always has. I waited for the warning screen to end and the normal screen was displayed. I then reset the clock and also went to one of my previous destinations, and everything worked properly with no issues. I got the nice lady's voice telling me to "proceed to the highlighted route......" When i go back to the car later, I hope it is still good....
I have seen some people here having issues with the update disc and others have not had any issues. Pulling fuses out makes no sense to me, but it seems to have worked for some, but i wonder if it was just a matter of the unit taking more time to re-boot. Just make sure that you have received the proper update disc for the latest NAVI DVD version that was in your system. If the update disc you received does not match the NAVI version you have been running, i can see where problems will occur. I am quite sure that the latest version that was available for my 2003 TL/S is 2.A0, which which was distributed when the car was 10 years old, in early 2013. That is what the mailing said at the time, and that is why i bought it. The whole system is essentially obsolete anyway now, but still effective in areas of the country where few new roads have been built, etc.... Today's GPS systems are real-time satellite based, even the smart phone apps... I live in New York, so it is still accurate....

Good luck......
Consider yourself lucky. I'm on a 3rd disc for my 2002 MDX and still can't get it to update. I see most of the folks having no problems have TL's. Would love to hear from those with MDX's to see if they've had any success.
fffjxc is offline  
Old 02-01-2018, 01:21 PM
  #378  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
That stinks ---- fffjxc ---- just a reminder maybe to check again that you have the correct update disc for your system. I made sure that the NAVI disc in my system matched what my system itself said in the NAVI unit ----- within the menu. Of course, it does seem that your disc was not coded right, so if this is the case, the tech people at Acura should fix it (or i suppose Acura got Infinity to correct the software.... Keep after them. You can't be the only MDX owner having issues.... make sure they investigate... Good luck..
I love some people here are linking this clock problem to the 40th death anniversary of Elvis ---- too funny... maybe Elvis has NOT left the building....))
rambleon is offline  
Old 02-01-2018, 01:27 PM
  #379  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 57
Posts: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rambleon View Post
That stinks ---- fffjxc ---- just a reminder maybe to check again that you have the correct update disc for your system. I made sure that the NAVI disc in my system matched what my system itself said in the NAVI unit ----- within the menu. Of course, it does seem that your disc was not coded right, so if this is the case, the tech people at Acura should fix it (or i suppose Acura got Infinity to correct the software.... Keep after them. You can't be the only MDX owner having issues.... make sure they investigate... Good luck..
I love some people here are linking this clock problem to the 40th death anniversary of Elvis ---- too funny... maybe Elvis has NOT left the building....))
Thx. Definitely have the correct update disk for my version of nav disk. One last attempt before contacting Acura again. This time I'm bringing the MDX to an relatively flat area of town that has good GPS reception and trying to install there. My garage, driveway & neighborhood have relatively poor GPS reception. See if that helps. Don't think it will but leaving no stone unturned.
fffjxc is offline  
Old 02-01-2018, 02:16 PM
  #380  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Yes, i also don't think it matters where you are located, since it seems to me this is just an internal software update to correct some bad coding for the clock. And i am not even sure if it matters what your GPS reception is when the unit reboots the original NAVI disc, although for this it may need a signal. But since the clock is apparently separate coding in the DVD unit, I doubt it needs a GPS signal..... but i am not a tech guy at all. If Acura went to this amount of trouble to correct this issue when most of these cars are so old now, I would imagine that they will continue to work on it until everyone has their clock back. They should know if MDX's are still having issues with their system. I must say that it is nice having the clock back. I hated looking at the screen indicating 0:00 all the time. For some, it didn't seem to matter, given that everyone has a smart phone glued to themselves these days, but i am not like that. I still use a 10 year old flip phone and i don't even know where it is half the time.... . I plan on having this '03 TL for many years still. I want everything to work properly.... even the stupid clock.. Good luck...
rambleon is offline  
Old 02-02-2018, 11:09 AM
  #381  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
fffjxc --- FYI, i spoke to Acura this morning to close my case since my clock correction disc worked and to ask about another problem i have (cd changer not working), and i mentioned that it seems some people are still having issues with getting the clock correction disc to work ----- specifically the MDX's, and the tech rep acknowledged that they are aware of this. They are still working on it and are anxious to know which discs are working and which are not. It seems they are aware of this Acura chat forum. I would just call them back to see what new info they may have for your vehicle. Good luck...
rambleon is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to rambleon For This Useful Post:
fffjxc (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 05:23 PM
  #382  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 57
Posts: 14
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rambleon View Post
fffjxc --- FYI, i spoke to Acura this morning to close my case since my clock correction disc worked and to ask about another problem i have (cd changer not working), and i mentioned that it seems some people are still having issues with getting the clock correction disc to work ----- specifically the MDX's, and the tech rep acknowledged that they are aware of this. They are still working on it and are anxious to know which discs are working and which are not. It seems they are aware of this Acura chat forum. I would just call them back to see what new info they may have for your vehicle. Good luck...
Thanks -Rambleon-- As I said yesterday I was going to give it another shot with the 3rd disk. My wife and I were at the grocery store today and I decided to try the disk while on their roof parking lot. After popping the fix disk in I just got a looping on/off of the GPS start screen. Instead of taking the disk out I drove home with it looping. 10 minutes into the drive home the update screen popped up and the upgrade began. Kept driving until it finished. My wife put the nav disk back in and alas we have a working clock. So much for 15-20 seconds more like 10 minutes b4 it downloads. Nonetheless we now have a working clock. I'll get in touch with Acura on Monday to fill them in so that others with same problem might try this until Acura finds a real fix.
fffjxc is offline  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 AM
  #383  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I suspect a slightly mis-aligned laser in the nav box is the culprit. My reasoning: my '03 TL nav system has been showing the "bad disc" error screen for at least 7 years now after sitting in prolonged temps below 30 degrees. I just have to endure the error screen without any clock during a trip until I stop and restart the car above 35 degrees or so (nav box temperature). I thought perhaps a dirty laser lens, but even after using a special CD/DVD disc with brushes to clean the lens, nothing changed. Upgrading the nav disc didn't change anything, either, so I reasoned it's not a disc issue. It's just a nav "feature" I've had to learn to live with. Fortunately, my car is garaged now and always above freezing, so I only experience this when away from home.

So my hypothesis is that cold temperatures can distort the laser alignment enough to prevent function. So fffjxc, when your nav box warmed up (I'm assuming it was cold) on the drive home with the fix disc, either the warmer temps or road vibration (or both) changed the alignment of the nav laser just enough to read all the necessary data bits.
beeker is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to beeker For This Useful Post:
fffjxc (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 07:26 PM
  #384  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 39
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Well Congrats ---- fffjxc --- that's a bizarre process and doesn't make much sense, especially that my correction disc fixed the clock immediately as the instructions indicated and the NAVI disc also booted up right away... I have tested it several times in the last few days and everything is fine. Yeah, it would be good to relay your process to the Tech Rep to possibly help out some others and to close your case number. I think it was good of Acura to fix this issue after so many years, but apparently there are many older vehicles on the road and they want future business.
beeker ---- all i can say is that my car is in the Northeast and is outside. I even go skiing up north when it has been zero degrees and colder, with no issues at all in using the NAVI. Sounds like something went bad in your unit and maybe exactly as you believe --- i obviously have no clue. In all these years since i got my TL/S in July 2002, i never had a single issue with it.
Now, i am about to buy a OEM used radio off eBay because my cd changer is jammed with a cd stuck in there. I was told that i was lucky it lasted this long as many of the first generation multi-changer units went bad much sooner. Bad carriages, motors, etc... probably too many moving parts. I figured i would try and used first unit that i am able to return, but the unit was apparently fully tested. If i go with an aftermarket radio and multi-cd changer, i will lose the nice lady's voice for my NAVI. I am told there are no aftermarket units that can connect to the OEM NAVI unit. If i have to go this route eventually, i guess it's not the end of the world, but i would have to pay more attention to the NAVI screen directions since it would be silent. The joys of owning an old car. If this puppy didn't run like a new car, i would replace it ---- since my speed control also doesn't work and my seat heater also went out.... Now, if only the OEM tranny or the motor would blow up, i would have a new car....hahaha.
rambleon is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to rambleon For This Useful Post:
fffjxc (02-03-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 01:57 PM
  #385  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
got it to install after 3+ weeks of trying

After probably 15 tries to install I finally got it to work a week ago. When the fix disc began looping back to reboot, I waited until the screen went dark between loops and then ejected the fix disc and immediately reinserted the fix disc. In about 5 seconds the screen went to the download progress bar and began to download!!! When it finished, the "incorrect disc" screen came on. I ejected the fix disc and inserted the navi disc. Immediately the regular navi menu screen came up with the clock working. There was no reboot and I did not turn off the ignition and restart the car!!! I went to the map screen and it was working with time indicated. The time was one hour off so I went to the clock adjust screen and adjusted -1 hour.
After a few minutes I shut off the ignition, waited about 2 minutes and restarted. The system booted up again with everything working correctly. That was eight days ago and the clock and navi are working............dilly dilly.
damper22 is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:51 AM
  #386  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 548
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Finally found the time to order my software fix disc from Acura today... They quoted me 3-4 weeks delivery...
MikeekiM is offline  
Old 03-11-2018, 03:19 PM
  #387  
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by allyn View Post
Looks like I spoke too soon. Now more than half the time when I start the car I get the "completely dead navi screen" problem. Other times it works perfectly normally with working clock. No rhyme or reason. Tonight when I got home (with navi screen working), I turned the car off and back on and navi was dead.

Anybody else seeing this with 2.50 disc?
I have a 2001 CL. Applied fix 2.12.70 (stamped on cd) to Version 2.70, 2.70A yesterday. It took two attempts. After completing reboot and inserting the nav disk, navi screen was blank, let car run for a bit, turned off, tried again but nothing. Tried car on/off cycle serveral more times. On the fifth restart, the navi system came on with the correct time and kept car running for a bit before turning it off. Started car this morning and navi screen is blank again. Ran a couple of errands and thought the system would kick in. No luck. Will call Acura customer service tomorrow and find out what they recommend next. At this point, I don't care about the navi or clock; getting climate controls back on the screen is preferable. Good information in all the threads...thanks.
kln3r is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 05:55 PM
  #388  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 20
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
NAVI unit going back to Pioneer under Acura warranty

Even though my car is 18-years old, Acura has ordered the return of the NAVI unit from the trunk of my car.
I have the updated version 2.20 DVD. Since August 17, 2017 the clock has read 0:00.
I have an open case with Acura in-car technology support (posted earlier in this forum).
Acura in-car technology support finally mailed me a "clock fix" DVD for version 2.20; however, as soon as I installed it the clock displayed correctly, but when I started the engine the display went black.
The display works fine while parked and the engine is off, but when the engine is started it goes black and stays black until the car is parked, the key is removed, the driver door is opened and closed and I wait 30-seconds.
I can do this over and over, but the display will never work with the engine running.
I called Acura in-car technology support and they said they want my car as a case study for the hundreds of other Acura cars that are having the same problem.
Last week it went to the Acura dealership for diagnostic with the in-car technology support on the phone.
The Acura dealer called me today to ask me to bring the car back on Wednesday so that they can remove the NAVI unit from the trunk and FedEx it to Pioneer so that they can correct the problem.
For the past week I have been driving with my original DVD that came from the factory (version 1.09j).
Here is a short video on how to roll back to the older version.
(The trick is that I had to wait 2-seconds after the globe of the earth appeared on the screen before pressing the three buttons.)
With that original 1.09j DVD everything works just fine while driving, including the clock. However, I cannot change the clock time so last week it was 1-hour ahead and as of yesterday it displays correct time because of "spring forward" daylight savings time on the west coast.
I will have to install the newer 2.20 DVD then drive it back to the dealer on Wednesday.
The sad part is that I will have to go without a clock, HVAC controls and maps for 3-weeks until I get the unit back.
There must have been some bad coding on the "clock fix" DVD.
The good news is that it will not cost my anything.
Runsforever is offline  
Old 03-29-2018, 09:06 PM
  #389  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 1,661
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Does anyone have any luck getting the "black screen" fixed after the clock patch upgrade ? I ran into the same issue and my GPS DVD software version v2.11c.
I was trying to reinstall the patch but did not have any luck to get the GPS into the debug mode to perform the "force download".

Cheers !!!
drcookie is offline  
Old 03-29-2018, 09:08 PM
  #390  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by drcookie View Post
Does anyone have any luck getting the "black screen" fixed after the clock patch upgrade ? I ran into the same issue and my GPS DVD software version v2.11c.
I was trying to reinstall the patch but did not have any luck to get the GPS into the debug mode to perform the "force download".

Cheers !!!
Try calling Acura's In-Car Technology Department at 888-528-7876 and see if they can help you with it.
TheWeez is offline  
Old 03-30-2018, 02:59 PM
  #391  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 207
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
Try calling Acura's In-Car Technology Department at 888-528-7876 and see if they can help you with it.
Well used that phone nr. Worked like breeze. CD is on the way.
bbsitum is offline  
Old 03-30-2018, 03:02 PM
  #392  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by bbsitum View Post
Well used that phone nr. Worked like breeze. CD is on the way.
Awesome, glad it worked.

I'd originally opened a ticket with Acura. They said they'd send the DVD in 2-3 weeks but it never arrived. Opened another on the weekend and got a reply from them this week that it's on the way. They provided that phone number should I have any additional issues.
TheWeez is offline  
Old 03-30-2018, 03:06 PM
  #393  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 207
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rambleon View Post
Now, i am about to buy a OEM used radio off eBay because my cd changer is jammed with a cd stuck in there. I was told that i was lucky it lasted this long as many of the first generation multi-changer units went bad much sooner.
https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...ntment-950862/
bbsitum is offline  
Old 04-03-2018, 02:19 PM
  #394  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Just received my update disc. They also included the 2013 V2.A0 maps update disc. Followed the instructions and updated without issue. Got the most updated maps out of the deal too.
TheWeez is offline  
Old 04-09-2018, 03:11 PM
  #395  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
Just received my update disc. They also included the 2013 V2.A0 maps update disc. Followed the instructions and updated without issue. Got the most updated maps out of the deal too.
How about that. So you requested a fix disc for an earlier version and they sent a fix and the latest version also. Which Acura number did you call?
fasTLane is offline  
Old 04-09-2018, 05:37 PM
  #396  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by fasTLane View Post
How about that. So you requested a fix disc for an earlier version and they sent a fix and the latest version also. Which Acura number did you call?
Originally opened a ticket with their online email support.
TheWeez is offline  
Old 04-09-2018, 06:30 PM
  #397  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GEORGIA U.S.A.
Posts: 162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
Originally opened a ticket with their online email support.
Thanks for the info. And your fix has not resulted in the black screen boot problem when restarting the unit too quickly?
fasTLane is offline  
Old 04-09-2018, 06:54 PM
  #398  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Age: 20
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I brought my car to the Acura dealer today. They received my NAVI DVD unit back from Pioneer after a month of waiting. My clock and my NAVI both work now. I noticed the software version on the screen showed 02.11.25 before the unit went in for repair. Now the screen shows 2.12.21. Pioneer updated something to make it work. 8-months after the clock went to 0:00 it is finally fixed. No cost to me other than 3 trips to the dealer and a whole lot of calls to Acura In-Car Support.
Runsforever is offline  
Old 04-09-2018, 07:34 PM
  #399  
I Wanna Beer
 
TheWeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Age: 36
Posts: 2,016
Thanks: 0
Thanked 72 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by fasTLane View Post
Thanks for the info. And your fix has not resulted in the black screen boot problem when restarting the unit too quickly?
Nope. Went by the instructions and had no issues at all updating. Took maybe 10 minutes total.
TheWeez is offline  
Old 04-10-2018, 05:39 PM
  #400  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 207
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheWeez View Post
Nope. Went by the instructions and had no issues at all updating. Took maybe 10 minutes total.
Disc come Yesterday too and toke around 10 minutes. I'm in Twin Cities too. Probably come with same order. Folks that have problems with repair disc problem can be in faulty Cd player as they are chronically unreliable in all sorts of devices.
bbsitum is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation works but clock not working


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.