Navigation works but clock not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 07:05 AM
I Wanna Beer

Received 107 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Iggy
I request that whoever get's the patch disk first to please copy and make it available online.
People still have computers with DVD burners? Additionally, these DVDs were always difficult to burn. They required the high quality DVD-RWs and slow burns. Generally you ended up making several coasters before getting one to work and would spend $30 in the process. Even then, the player would often read it once and then fail to read it the next time you started the car.

Think it may just be better to wait to have one shipped, if that ends up being the way Acura handles this. Personally, I don't see them bothering to ship new DVDs to every owner of a 13+ year old vehicle.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:27 PM
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clock at 0:00 since 8/16/17

I was pretty early to this page when my clock went to 0:00 on 8/16/17. I called Acura client care (888-528-7876) on 8/29/17 an got a case number. Clock on my 2003 TLS never changed, so I called again on 11/28/17 and was told that there is a new update DVD and they are sending them out the next week in the order of when Acura was contacted.

Since I didn't receive the DVD, I called again today and was told they need the version number and that it would be another three to four weeks before the DVD would be sent. They keep moving the goal posts. I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told it would take up to 72 hours for them to return the call. Very disappointing customer service from Acura. We may be driving older Acuras, but we are brand loyal and all four of our cars are Honda/Acura products.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called the Acura 800# today for the issue I'm having, which is the clock being 1 hour off (at least for me, since I'm PST) and cannot be adjusted.

The service rep told me they are aware of that issue, but there isn't a fix yet they could send me for the clock being 1 hr off. He took my VIN #, Navi disk version, and address, and said they would send me a repair when it is ready.

I'd rather the clock say 0:00 than be 1 hour off. At least then it is obviously wrong.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi Acurlover: we chatted about this after it happened. After reading your latest post, i called Acura and was also told that there was a new disc created to fix the NAVI clock. The rep said that there is a 3 - 4 week process to receive it. He seemed to assure me that this fix is real. I didn't understand what he meant by a ""process"", but we'll see. Honestly, i never followed with my case number since i just figured they were not going to do anything at this point to fix this software problem. Maybe they will prove me wrong.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Intermediate

Hi Acurlover: we chatted about this after it happened. After reading your latest post, i called Acura and was also told that there was a new disc created to fix the NAVI clock. The rep said that there is a 3 - 4 week process to receive it. He seemed to assure me that this fix is real. I didn't understand what he meant by a ""process"", but we'll see. Honestly, i never followed with my case number since i just figured they were not going to do anything at this point to fix this software problem. Maybe they will prove me wrong.
The following users liked this post:
Acurlover (12-21-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Intermediate

Now, since the clock issue occurred, now my multi-dsc cd changer jammed with a CD stuck in it. I see some on eBay which i guess i will try for $150. If i didn't have the NAVI unit I would just put a different radio in the dash, but i will lose the NAVI voice commands... And, the other day, my SRS light stays on, which i assume means my seat belt sensor is bad.... I doubt i will fix that either, however this might mean that my airbags may not deploy on impact..... I don't think i care.. Seat heater stopped working on driver side (probably broken wire -- bad design, since it was changed once before years ago) and cruise control also doesn't work (connection clip into throttle body is broken -- another bad design). I hevan't even taken off the cover to look at but i can feel that the cable is loose and not connected --- maybe i can glue it or tape it back on. But i never use it anyway. My engine and tranny are still like new, but everything else is slowly falling apart..... I guess 15 years is about it for this 2003 TL-S..... I could put my motor in a brand new car and no one would know the difference for a long time, but my luck is running our on the rest of the car...(-__-).
Acurlover (12-21-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Hopped in my car this morning and nav is suddenly showing the correct eastern time. After It came back from 0:00 a couple months back it had been showing Pacific time. I still cannot change the time however, when I try to it reverts to 0:00 until I reboot with key off then back on and the correct time comes back.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:24 PM
9th Gear

Hi Rambleon- I just got my "correction" disc via FedEx way faster than 3-4 weeks (maybe it was the convo with the supervisor) and it worked perfectly! I have my clock back again. Such a little thing, but it makes me happy. I am sorry that your 2003 TL-S is starting to have other than mechanical issues. As great as the car runs, it's a bummer when the other systems go. We got rid of our '86 Legend which ran like a dream because of similar annoying problems in 1999. I am hopeful my 2003 TL-S will hang in there for a bit longer now that the clock is working again!
Old 12-21-2017, 05:36 PM
I Wanna Beer

Called and they checked my CL-S. Said it's not part of the models currently with a resolution. He said they're still working on one and will either ship it out when it's ready or send a signal to correct it if that's the route they do. More waiting.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TheWeez
Called and they checked my CL-S. Said it's not part of the models currently with a resolution. He said they're still working on one and will either ship it out when it's ready or send a signal to correct it if that's the route they do. More waiting.

CL has a different Nav? wierd
Old 12-22-2017, 10:02 AM
I Wanna Beer

Originally Posted by Iggy
CL has a different Nav? wierd
I could see there being slight differences in the models. Potentially the model years have some differentiation in them. Who knows.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:40 AM
Intermediate

That's great ---- Acurlover ---- It will be nice to get the clock working again. It seems like a little thing, but every time i see that 0:00 on the screen it drives me crazy.... hahaha. As for my other recent issues, the way i look at it is that they are all worth fixing given how awesome this car has been. Speed control and the seat heater are not really important to me anyway, but i don't like it when everything is not working properly. Replacing the radio isn't a big deal either i guess. All of this is way cheaper than buying a new car. And if i did get a new car, i could never sell this '03 TL-S anyway. It is worth far more than any book value. I've done nothing on this car except maintenance stuff, and it still drives like new. At 105,000 miles it is just broken in.....I haven't even changed the OEM shocks yet.... gotta at least do that before i replace it....))))
Happy Holidays.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:55 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Acurlover
Hi Rambleon- I just got my "correction" disc via FedEx way faster than 3-4 weeks (maybe it was the convo with the supervisor) and it worked perfectly! I have my clock back again. Such a little thing, but it makes me happy. I am sorry that your 2003 TL-S is starting to have other than mechanical issues. As great as the car runs, it's a bummer when the other systems go. We got rid of our '86 Legend which ran like a dream because of similar annoying problems in 1999. I am hopeful my 2003 TL-S will hang in there for a bit longer now that the clock is working again!
So once you had the disc, what was the process? Do you leave it in your navi, or just use it temporarily and then put your map disc back in.
Old 12-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Intermediate

Murky...... Acurlover will probably answer if he checks this room, but my guess is that the new disc will replace the disc that is currently in your player. They asked me for the Navi disc Version I had, which was the last one available when the car was 10 years old. However, if someone never updated their system over the years, Acura may just send the same older Version.... Otherwise, they would end up sending a free upgrade to people just to fix the clock. Acura (and probably Infinity who made the Navi unit) were great to fix this problem but i doubt they would hand out free upgrades....... just my guess. I would think that the new disc will stay in the player just like all the other ones do. I hope to find out soon when i get my new disc.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:36 PM
9th Gear

Hi rambleon and Murky- The new disc is not a replacement. It corrects whatever code made the clock go to 0:00. There's instructions that came with the disc. You have to turn on the car and remove the original disc and then put in the correction one and let it boot up. Then after it loads it will say disc error and you have to replace it back with the original one you took out. On the instructions, it says wait 10-15 seconds for each step, but it was more like a few minutes. The supervisor mentioned that they weren't about to send upgrades to everyone, but this is ok because I use Waze for navi more than my car's system. Rambleon, good luck with your car! Mine has 175,000 on it and it still rides like a dream. It could use a paint job, but everything else is great--especially the clock!

BTW- Acurlover is a girl! A woman actually but not 67 like my profile says. I must have hit the wrong date. Happy Holidays to you all!
Old 12-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Acurlover
Hi rambleon and Murky- The new disc is not a replacement. It corrects whatever code made the clock go to 0:00. There's instructions that came with the disc. You have to turn on the car and remove the original disc and then put in the correction one and let it boot up. Then after it loads it will say disc error and you have to replace it back with the original one you took out. On the instructions, it says wait 10-15 seconds for each step, but it was more like a few minutes. The supervisor mentioned that they weren't about to send upgrades to everyone, but this is ok because I use Waze for navi more than my car's system. Rambleon, good luck with your car! Mine has 175,000 on it and it still rides like a dream. It could use a paint job, but everything else is great--especially the clock!

BTW- Acurlover is a girl! A woman actually but not 67 like my profile says. I must have hit the wrong date. Happy Holidays to you all!
Thanks Acurlover, that's about what I would have guessed. If they had to make a new map disc to fix it, they should upgrade people for the hassle while they are at it. But more likely that would have just meant no fix at all. They aren't making new maps anymore anyway, not even more stock of the last one. It is "while supplies last" then that's it.

I have the last one, the black one, for my 2000. Those were such a rip off. I couldn't believe how much they were charging for them, when I bought the car they said updates would be for a "nominal" fee. In my mind that should have meant $50 tops. Maybe $3 for the disc, $10 for the data, and $37 for overhead and profit.

This has been a great car, in spite of needing a new transmission just out of warranty around 100K miles. They gave me 50% goodwill, which wasn't enough to erase my permanently lowered impression of Honda quality, but did take the bitterness out of the sting.

If it ever comes out, I'll be replacing this thing with a Mazda CX-5 diesel. Hondas and Toyotas are just too ugly to consider now.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Intermediate

Acurlover ---- sorry for the gender assumption on my part. Just not used to a female knowing anything about cars... Good for you...)) It seems i was only half-right about the correction disc. I figured they would not provide free upgrades, but didn't realize they could produce a separate disc. However, as Murky points out, there are no new discs anyway for these cars and the NAVI systems are essentially obsolete anyway since they are not real-time GPS systems, why not just provide the latest upgrade to those who didn't have it...... I wonder why they wanted to know what version i had... As long as it works, it's good. I hope i am as capable as you were following the instructions.... I am a little surprised they went to the trouble of making these correction discs, however so many vehicles were affected, they probably decided they had to fix the problem.
As of now, i feel that i will keep my TL until it is ready for the junk yard, or i crash it. Besides the extreme maintenance i have done, i also keep it looking like new. My paint is still amazing. When i see what new Acuras cost or any car even close to this '03 TL, i have no problem spending a little money to fix certain things. I have driven a bunch of newer cars, and i still like mine better...
Murky i was one of the lucky TL owners, in that i still have the original tranny (105,000 miles). The dealer did install the oil-jet, but no until i had the car for over a year. I get the fluid changed very regularly so maybe that helped as well. At this point I would probably replace the unit if i had to since the motor is still like new. Dealer units are much less costly then they used to be. I may feel differently eventually as the car gets older, who knows
Good luck ------ happy new year....
Old 12-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Just called the support line and they are sending me a correction dvd. My dvd is a version 1.09J. What can I expect if I buy a version 2.05A off ebay?
Old 12-27-2017, 11:33 AM
Intermediate

asb ----- that seems like an old version. Over the years I would get mailings regarding updates. I was able to go online to the website and actually see what areas of the country were updated. I only bought updated discs every few years and the last one was made when the car was 10 years old -- 2013 for my car. So i bought it. From my recollection, most of the updates cover rural areas in the country. I live near NYC so there aren't too many new roads, etc. which are built. Frankly, the entire system is basically obsolete now since these 1st generation NAVI units are not real time GPS...... hence the updates. If you have a smart phone with a GPS app, you're better off if you ask me. Or a tablet with WAZE loaded....
Old 12-28-2017, 11:50 AM
Instructor

I went to my AcuraOwners account and initiated a chat to get them to send me the update. They had a tech email me with request for information on my disc rev. Then several days letter I got this confirmation:

Thank you for the information, at this time we will be sending you an update disc for your vehicle's navigation system.

this disc is not a replacement for the current navigation disc but an update disc so please do not get rid of your current navigation disc as you will need that to operate the navigation system after the update.

The disc will be made specifically for your vehicle so it can take up to 3-4 weeks for you to receive the update disc.

Once again we do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we do appreciate you for your patience with us.

We welcome you to contact us with any additional comments or questions.

Our In-Car Tech Support team is also available for assistance at 888-528-7876 weekdays, 6 a.m. – 5 p.m. Pacific Time.

Kind regards,

Acura Client Relations
Old 12-28-2017, 03:20 PM
4th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Got my navi fix DVD today!

I got a package from Honda today. The Navi fix DVD.
I have a 2001 CL-S, and my Navi DVD version is 2.70A.
My fix DVD says that is is only the fix for 2.70, and 2.70A
I followed the instructions, and inserted in the DVD fix. The nav system then shutdown, and did not turn on again. WTH?????
Then I turned off the car and waited a while, and then when I started it up again, same issue. Navi was not turning on. I tried putting in the original navi DVD as well.
I thought I bricked my nav!
So next step is I pulled the navi fuse from the passenger side fusebox. Once I started my car, the navi then came up, and was working fine, except for the clock. (Original navi DVD was still in).

So I decided to try again......This time, the navi rebooted correctly, and I got the "downloading" screen. Took about a minute or so. It rebooted properly this time, and said I had an incorrect disk, which is when you place normal DVD back in.
I shut down the car, waited one minute, and started her back up.
Wohoo! I got my clock back, and everything seems to be working fine.

So if anybody else has the issue where their nav does not turn back on, yanking the fuse will probably fix it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lupo_SHO:
Nick (12-29-2017), vperkins2 (03-13-2020)
Old 01-01-2018, 03:32 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Navi Clock Working Again

Last week I received my Honda Navigation Sotware Update (Clock Displays 00;00) disk. It applied to versions 2.80, 2.90 and 2.A0.
After following instructions I had my clock working again. Basically you had to start car. Take existing disk out and put in the fix it disk. You then waited for it to download software after which system would reboot with an error message. At that point you would replace the fix it disk with the original one. You get an error message and at that time you turn off your car for about a minute. Everything should be working after re-starting the car. Although I followed the instructions my system came right up after inserting the existing disk. The only adjustment made after was setting the clock back one hour. So glad it took just a few minutes to correct as I live on the east coast and it was truly cold. I never knew how often I looked at the clock until all I saw was 00:00, who knew?
rambleon (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 07:23 AM
Intermediate

murky ---- it sounds like they are sending you the correction disc for the clock, but the fact that they are saying it is not a replacement disc to me means you will still have the same NAVI version. To me, you will follow the same procedure as acurlover, Lupo_SHO and mitatoja. The correction disc fixes the clock, then you will reinstall your NAVI disc. But, maybe you get lucky and they will send you a complete updated version (but i am doubting it).
Old 01-02-2018, 07:27 AM
Intermediate

mitatoja ---- i have version 2.AO, which was the last version i was able to purchase for my car at the 10 year mark. I am waiting for my clock correction disc. Your procedure was like what acurlover described. It seems a little crazy the way it works, but thanks for your description. It also bothers me to keep seeing the clock read 0:00.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Intermediate

Lupo_SHO ---- glad you got it to work, but it shouldn't have involved pulling the fuse according to everything i was told. I have a different NAVI version, so i hope i don't have to do that. The process that acurlover and mitajoja described seems more logical from the info i got from Acura.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:40 PM
M_T
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Lupo_SHO
I got a package from Honda today. The Navi fix DVD.
I have a 2001 CL-S, and my Navi DVD version is 2.70A.
My fix DVD says that is is only the fix for 2.70, and 2.70A
I followed the instructions, and inserted in the DVD fix. The nav system then shutdown, and did not turn on again. WTH?????
Then I turned off the car and waited a while, and then when I started it up again, same issue. Navi was not turning on. I tried putting in the original navi DVD as well.
I thought I bricked my nav!

So if anybody else has the issue where their nav does not turn back on, yanking the fuse will probably fix it.
My 2002 TL has the same s/w version. My disk arrived today and I tried to follow the instructions. My navi is in the trunk and I wasn't in a hurry to get back to the screen. I got the blank screen for close to 5 minutes until I gave up. I went back to Navi disk and it was ok. Then another round of getting a blank screen. I decided maybe it was that I didn't close the navi door quickly enough. When I closed it as the disk was inserting (red label on top, of course), I see the screen go blank as the disc is being inserted, show the World image for 7 seconds, then go blank for a fraction of a second, then pop an error message indicating the disc is unformatted. (While typing this msg I tried again 3 times, once got the blank screen, and twice got the unformatted error.)

The disc is a printed disc with "Honda Navigation System V2.12.70 DVD" etched in the center area. No obvious damage or distortions. As I considered what might be wrong, I meticulously cleaned the disk of the small amount of white debris on it (possibly from the instructions packaged with the disc). I then got the patch disc to trigger the system with a cycle of 7 seconds of world (ie, boot?) and 35 seconds of darkness, and then repeat for ~4 minutes.

I also got a blank screen and also an unformatted error when I put the normal navigation disk in. In both cases, i turned off the car, waited a couple of minutes and turned it back on, resulting in a normal boot of the system..

I haven't tried yanking the fuse or unplugging the DVD reader.
I do appreciate Acura/Honda fixing this -- if it does get fixed. I guess I'll be calling them again.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

M_T ------- I received my update disc today, but have not used it yet. My disc says something a little different, but i do believe there may be different discs based on which NAVI version you had in your system. My disc says ""Honda Navigation Software Update Clock Displays 00:00"". Then it says ""2.12.80"" ""Applies to 2.80, 2.90, 2.AO"". I happen to have version 2.AO. The disc is also dated Nov 2017. I'll try to use it tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Intermediate

M_T ---- by the way, yanking out the fuse should not be a part of the correction procedure, but it seems to have worked for Lupo_SHO, but i would first discuss your problem with the Tech Rep and even mention the fuse thing.... Maybe you have the wrong disc...
Old 01-02-2018, 10:06 PM
M_T
7th Gear

Originally Posted by rambleon
M_T ------- I received my update disc today, but have not used it yet. My disc says something a little different, but i do believe there may be different discs based on which NAVI version you had in your system. My disc says ""Honda Navigation Software Update Clock Displays 00:00"". Then it says ""2.12.80"" ""Applies to 2.80, 2.90, 2.AO"". I happen to have version 2.AO. The disc is also dated Nov 2017. I'll try to use it tomorrow.
While I don't have mine in front of me, I believe it has something similar on the label (modulo the version info). By "printed", I meant "stamped", i.e., not one that is "burned". The "etched" (probably stamped, rather than truly etched) version info is maybe 1/16" high letters on the plastic of the DVD itself. Maybe I'm presuming too much, but I believe this etching means this disc went through the same manufacturing process as the one that Lupo_SHO got, and is not "unformatted".

I hope that there is some defect in this particular DVD and I'm the only one who got an apparently unreadable copy. Lupo_SHO's experience plus mine may mean that our version may have been a marginal batch of DVDs.

Note that the instructions did not say that you had to do anything special when the battery is replaced, nor that you needed to pass this patch DVD when the car is sold. It seems unlikely that cutting power to either the screen unit or the DVD reader unit would clear the downloaded patch. On the other hand, the original Navigation program may behave differently (with regard to accepting patches) depending upon how long it has been since power was applied to the unit.

One other thing I thought about was that my car was on a slant, which could impact reading of the DVD (but seems unlikely). I'll try it on flat ground. (60F, 67% RH)

I'm really busy now, so I may not call Acura until late next week. I'll report back if they just send out a different DVD (most likely, I'd think), or tell me some secret handshake to make it accept the patch.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my patch disc today--for my NAVI version 2.90, and it worked! I followed the directions and they don't work as printed. They say NOTHING about having to turn off the engine to reboot the NAVI system after inserting the patch disc, but this is required. They DO say after the patch disc is removed and the NAVI disc reinserted, the engine must be turned off, wait a minute, then back on again to reboot the system and show the clock functioning again. Here are photos of the major steps in the process. Clock stopped showing time on the 40th anniversary of Elvis' death (Aug 16th 2017)
NAVI error message after inserting patch disc and after reinserting NAVI disc. Turn engine off, wait a minute, turn engine on to reboot system.
Initial screen after patch disc is successfully booted (sorry for blurry photo--didn't get but one chance to snap it).
Subsequent progress screen as clock patch disc software download occurs.
Clock works again after patch disc removed, NAVI disc reinstalled, and engine cycled off/on to reboot NAVI system.

THANK YOU, ACURA, FOR TAKING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SERIOUSLY. Your actions will undoubtedly result in continued Acura loyalty by your drivers!

Last edited by beeker; 01-03-2018 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Add thank you to Acura.
fffjxc (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 11:28 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by beeker
Got my patch disc today--for my NAVI version 2.90, and it worked! I followed the directions and they don't work as printed. They say NOTHING about having to turn off the engine to reboot the NAVI system after inserting the patch disc, but this is required. They DO say after the patch disc is removed and the NAVI disc reinserted, the engine must be turned off, wait a minute, then back on again to reboot the system and show the clock functioning again. Here are photos of the major steps in the process. Clock stopped showing time on the 40th anniversary of Elvis' death (Aug 16th 2017)
NAVI error message after inserting patch disc and after reinserting NAVI disc. Turn engine off, wait a minute, turn engine on to reboot system.
Initial screen after patch disc is successfully booted (sorry for blurry photo--didn't get but one chance to snap it).
Subsequent progress screen as clock patch disc software download occurs.
Clock works again after patch disc removed, NAVI disc reinstalled, and engine cycled off/on to reboot NAVI system.

THANK YOU, ACURA, FOR TAKING CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SERIOUSLY. Your actions will undoubtedly result in continued Acura loyalty by your drivers!
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately for me my "fix" disk doesn't work. I followed the directions on the back of the disk jacket and got the "unformatted disk error" exactly as your screen shot shows. Tried your instructions and could not get past "unformatted disk error". Called Acura and am getting another disk shipped. Guess another 4-7weeks wait. Really frustrated that they can't get the fix correct. Thanks for your help & suggestion.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Received my fix disk today. Followed instructions and had the clock working again in less than 10 minutes...

Thanks Honda/Acura - I'm impressed that this was done for 15+ year old vehicles!
Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 PM
M_T
7th Gear

Originally Posted by beeker
Got my patch disc today--for my NAVI version 2.90, and it worked! I followed the directions and they don't work as printed. They say NOTHING about having to turn off the engine to reboot the NAVI system after inserting the patch disc, but this is required. They DO say after the patch disc is removed and the NAVI disc reinserted, the engine must be turned off, wait a minute, then back on again to reboot the system and show the clock functioning again. Here are photos of the major steps in the process.Clock stopped showing time on the 40th anniversary of Elvis' death (Aug 16th 2017)
[iimage 1] NAVI error message after inserting patch disc and after reinserting NAVI disc. Turn engine off, wait a minute, turn engine on to reboot system.
[image 2] Initial screen after patch disc is successfully booted (sorry for blurry photo--didn't get but one chance to snap it).
[Image 3] Subsequent progress screen as clock patch disc software download occurs.
[Image 4] Clock works again after patch disc removed, NAVI disc reinstalled, and engine cycled off/on to reboot NAVI system.

Are you saying that the steps are:
1) Start car & let Navi system boot (to map or whatever screen)
2) Insert Patch disc
3) (is this step done immediately after #2, or 30 seconds, or 5 minutes?) Shut off car; wait 1 minute; Restart car
4) Patch disc boots; Software is downloaded from disc to Navi system
5) Replace Patch disc with Navi disc
6) Shut off car; wait 1 minute; restart car.
7) Navi system boots & clock is functioning
Old 01-04-2018, 04:54 AM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightbulb 2G Nav Clock Fix

Many people having this trouble. I called Acura/American Honda Support. Have your Vin #, also remove DVD from trunk unit for correct version shown on face bottom. They sent me upgrade disk that reset Nav totally free. Worked great took 5 minutes for reset!
Old 01-04-2018, 05:16 AM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Step 1 start car
2. Let nav boot up
3. Remove DVD from trunk unit
4. Insert new fix DVD
5. Nav will show update in progress /complete
6. Nav may show unformated disk now
7. Remove fix &insert original DVD
8. System reboots & clock should work
No fuse pulling, waiting, nothing,just proceed. Hope this helps. Mine showed same nav pix as displayed
But I just swapped disks @ occurrences.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Patch Disc

FWIW: Reverted back to 2002 Ver. 2.05B from 2012 updated version, to regain clock function, pending arrival of the patch disc. Received patch disc Ver. 2.12.80 yesterday, 01/03/2018, Removed the 2002 Version disc, re-installed the 2012 Version, than removed the 2012 Version, and installed the patch disc, than removed the patch disc and re-installed the 2012 Version and the CLOCK FUNCTION IS BACK.
vperkins2 (03-13-2020)
Old 01-04-2018, 09:22 AM
Cruisin'

Steps to restore clock

@M_T...

The typical steps are:
1) Start car & let Navi system boot (to map or clock screen)
2) While car is running, remove NAVI disc, insert patch disc, and close the Navi system door
3) Allow patch disc to boot; if successful, it will begin downloading code
4) If boot not successful, "unformatted disc error" will appear. Turn off engine at this time, wait 1 minute, then restart car. Patch disc should now boot successfully (did for me).
5) Once patch process is complete, "unformatted disc error" appears again (if I remember correctly). Remove patch disc and reinstall NAVI disc. This should cause the "unformatted disc error" screen to appear again.
6) Shut off car; wait 1 minute; restart car.
7) Navi system boots & clock function is restored

Last edited by beeker; 01-04-2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: directed response
Old 01-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Cruisin'

One NAVI patch disc for 2.80, 2.90, 2.A0 available

Because my patch disc worked and I am now on a euphoric high, I no longer need it, so I am willing to "pay it forward" as my way of thanking Acura enthusiasts for the beneficial power of banding together and sharing. This forum was instrumental in collectively determining the breadth of the issue and successfully getting Acura to fix it, so I will re-gift my patch disc, free of charge (no shipping charge either) to the first person (in the USA) who requests it (by providing an e-mail address to me here via private message). It worked in my 2003 Acura TL. As I'm passing it on for free, please don't hold me accountable if it doesn't work for you. This offer is most useful for those who did not call Acura and get a Case File #, or those who believe their disc is defective and don't want to wait weeks for Acura to mail a replacement. Shipping is from Virginia.
Patch disc version: 2.12.80, Nov 2017
Applies to NAVI disc versions 2.80, 2.90, 2.A0

Last edited by beeker; 01-04-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Rip an ISO of the disk and share it online
Old 01-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Cruisin'

Ripping disc

I've had very limited success at creating ISO discs for computer use and never attempted one for a car DVD. I'd rather send the real McCoy, with a higher likelihood of success.

My Navi system has been tempermental now for over 5 years (shows disc error upon booting when temp is below 30 degrees) but always reboots correctly once the temperature rises. Others may have similar age-related issues--another reason IMHO to attempt this fix using an Acura factory disc.

Quick Reply: Navigation works but clock not working