Navigation works but clock not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me too

0:00 on 2002 Acura MDX yesterday, 8/16/17. Just like a bunch of others. I guess I'll just wait for it to decide to work again.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by johnny14
People Ive talked to as well as previous posts on here all stated it just randomly started to work out of the blue. Time frames may vary but Im pretty sure it will start to work again. I believe i was the only one that converted to the DVD from the previous posts. Should have stated with my original lol. :p
I guess we'll see what happens. Hard to believe a software issue will correct itself, but i am certainly no expert on that stuff.... We can just hope for the best. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Intermediate

If mine starts working again, I will post it. I don't plan on doing anything in the meantime. I love my car, but won;t spend any time or money trying to fix this clock issue. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
B Sc (01-12-2021)
Old 08-17-2017, 05:27 PM
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rambleon- I have a 2003 TLS too and wouldn't mind a newer car, but there's no reason for me to get rid of it. It's still runs great. Speaking of software issues that correct themself-- I was on a plane waiting to take off one time when the pilot said that there was some mechanical issue and that we would probably have to deplane. After a few minutes he turned off the power and turned it back on. He came back on the intercom and said, "Folks. apparently the gremlins that were bugging the computer went away after a restart of the plane's electrical, so we will be taking off as scheduled". It was a little frightening to put our trust in that, but the flight went off without a hitch after that. True story!
Old 08-17-2017, 06:02 PM
1st Gear

2002 rl

I noticed today (8-17-17) that my 2002 RL is having the same issue, first it was my DVD changer, now this....
Old 08-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Acurlover
Rambleon- I have a 2003 TLS too and wouldn't mind a newer car, but there's no reason for me to get rid of it. It's still runs great. Speaking of software issues that correct themself-- I was on a plane waiting to take off one time when the pilot said that there was some mechanical issue and that we would probably have to deplane. After a few minutes he turned off the power and turned it back on. He came back on the intercom and said, "Folks. apparently the gremlins that were bugging the computer went away after a restart of the plane's electrical, so we will be taking off as scheduled". It was a little frightening to put our trust in that, but the flight went off without a hitch after that. True story!
Technology got to love it!
Old 08-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ksalex
I noticed today (8-17-17) that my 2002 RL is having the same issue, first it was my DVD changer, now this....
I wonder if the RL's used the same Navigation Unit? Its possible if you are having issues as well. I guess add that to the TL's, CL's, MDX and RL's list of cars having the clock issue.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rambleon
If mine starts working again, I will post it. I don't plan on doing anything in the meantime. I love my car, but won;t spend any time or money trying to fix this clock issue. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Andrew Andrea Sautter
0:00 on 2002 Acura MDX yesterday, 8/16/17. Just like a bunch of others. I guess I'll just wait for it to decide to work again.
Yea just wait it out.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:14 PM
Intermediate

I have to say that this website is so confusing. It has been extremely useful for information about my car over the years, but it is very complicated in terms of just posting basic info. I guess i am just not that literate on this computer crappp. My 2003 TL, Type S is the absolute best car i have ever owned and i am 61 y/o. I got it early July 2002 so it is effectively 15 years old. It is still like a brand new car. Nothing ever seems to go wrong, It's like original-everything. Not even replacement shocks at 103,000 miles. I even have the original tranny which i know has been a big problem with these cars from 2001 - early 2003 models. The dealer did install that oiljet into the fill hole in early 2004 but i already had at least 12,000 miles on the car. I still have had no issues, but i do change the tranny fluid a lot.... a long with all fluids...very often. But i never did change the external tranny filter..... i may do that next year. It's not difficult to change, just takes a bit of time and Acura has no maintenance on it at all anyway... I even use conventional motor oil, not synthetic, but i change it often and use a little bit or Marvel Mystery Oil (i am a big fan of that stuff). My buddy the mechanic can't even believe how good my car is, but i hardly ever see him ----- brakes is about it. and he does all the fluid changes every few years. He still wants me to change to synthetic motor oil, but i am not sure at 103,000 miles. But the motor seems like new...strong and very quiet. I tell people that even at age 61, i will not buy another car ever....LOL.

I want to thank everyone for posting here. It has been extremely useful for information.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Intermediate

good story... i am glad it ended well... electronics and electricity and i guess software can have a mind of their own... it's like my cable modem... when it gets frozen... i unpluug it for a few seconds and then it is fine...LOL
Acurlover (08-18-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 06:21 PM
5th Gear

Unhappy Two cars clock stuck at 0:00

The clocks in our two Acura TLS's with NAVI, a 2002 and a 2003 both had the clock go to 0:00 today.
The clocks are not advancing and the time cannot be changed.
Dan G
Old 08-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Intermediate

Yes.... johnny14..... i will just wait. Obviously this is a big programming issue in several types of cars and for more than just one year............. I may decide to make a stink at my Acura Dealer....))))
Old 08-17-2017, 06:25 PM
4th Gear

Hello. I noticed the same thing on my nav system this morning when I started the car for my morning commute to work. I have a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S Coupe with 145K miles, all systems in good working order...except for the 0:00 on the clock. Everything else with the nav system appears to be functioning. I wasn't successful on finding any info about it on the web until I checked Acurazine site. I placed a call to a local Acura dealer and asked them to check with their technicians re: this clock issue; waiting for a return phone call. Will pass along any info they provide. Thanks for the info you posted above.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Intermediate

good story... i am glad it ended well... electronics and electricity and i guess software can have a mind of their own... it's like my cable modem... when it gets frozen... i unpluug it for a few seconds and then it is fine...LOL
Originally Posted by Acurlover
Thanks for your reply.... i replied but did not reference your screen name. I am still getting used to this website.... My '03 tL/s is still exactly like new, but i am a total freak about extreme maintenance and care.... it's the best car (quality-wise) in the world at 103,000 miles.... and i had my share of nice cars in my life...
Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 PM
Racer

I have to say that this website is so confusing. It has been extremely useful for information about my car over the years, but it is very complicated in terms of just posting basic info. I guess i am just not that literate on this computer crappp. My 2003 TL, Type S is the absolute best car i have ever owned and i am 61 y/o. I got it early July 2002 so it is effectively 15 years old. It is still like a brand new car. Nothing ever seems to go wrong, It's like original-everything. Not even replacement shocks at 103,000 miles. I even have the original tranny which i know has been a big problem with these cars from 2001 - early 2003 models. The dealer did install that oiljet into the fill hole in early 2004 but i already had at least 12,000 miles on the car. I still have had no issues, but i do change the tranny fluid a lot.... a long with all fluids...very often. But i never did change the external tranny filter..... i may do that next year. It's not difficult to change, just takes a bit of time and Acura has no maintenance on it at all anyway... I even use conventional motor oil, not synthetic, but i change it often and use a little bit or Marvel Mystery Oil (i am a big fan of that stuff). My buddy the mechanic can't even believe how good my car is, but i hardly ever see him ----- brakes is about it. and he does all the fluid changes every few years. He still wants me to change to synthetic motor oil, but i am not sure at 103,000 miles. But the motor seems like new...strong and very quiet. I tell people that even at age 61, i will not buy another car ever....LOL.

I want to thank everyone for posting here. It has been extremely useful for information.
This is my daily so I put alot of miles on it and gets its use thats for sure. I believe the car chassis is going on 500k but the motor has about 175k. My shocks are pretty much done but have been to tired and lazy to swap them out. Hopefully when it starts cooling down.

As for the Transmission consider yourself lucky. I have a 99 and it died on me I want to say 4 years back.

No need to Thank us. Were all here to help each other out!
Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 PM
7th Gear

Yet another person who experienced this today (Aug. 17) unless it happened last night and I didn't notice. I've owned my '01 CL since '03 and haven't experienced this 0:00 clock issue before. Was on my way to work when I discovered it today. Since I work until 10pm, if not fixed by tomorrow, I might bug the dealer. If anyone else happens to get an answer from their dealer in the meantime, please let us know! Much appreciated!
Old 08-17-2017, 06:41 PM
2nd Gear

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I too have a 2002 Acura TL Type S and the same thing is happening. The clock is 00:00 and going into the settings has no affect, eg, choosing a new timezone, or pressing the + and - hours. I also replaced the fuse thinking that was the problem but to no avail. I hope someone comes up with a fix or maybe it will fix automatically the next day.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cmb1579
Yet another person who experienced this today (Aug. 17) unless it happened last night and I didn't notice. I've owned my '01 CL since '03 and haven't experienced this 0:00 clock issue before. Was on my way to work when I discovered it today. Since I work until 10pm, if not fixed by tomorrow, I might bug the dealer. If anyone else happens to get an answer from their dealer in the meantime, please let us know! Much appreciated!
Good luck trying to get anything from the dealer. I tried last year and even called the Navigation Support line to see what the problem was and each one tried to sell me replacements or repairs. I ended up going with the DVD thinking it was just the older years but was I wrong. Im not even stressing it this year and will just wait it out!
cmb1579 (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Intermediate

This is my daily so I put alot of miles on it and gets its use thats for sure. I believe the car chassis is going on 500k but the motor has about 175k. My shocks are pretty much done but have been to tired and lazy to swap them out. Hopefully when it starts cooling down.

As for the Transmission consider yourself lucky. I have a 99 and it died on me I want to say 4 years back.

No need to Thank us. Were all here to help each other out!
Well, that car doesn't owe you anything. They did build a good car in that TL. I have had people come up to me after they bought a newer one after 2003 and they regretted it saying that they liked my year better. YES, i am lucky with the tranny.. no doubt. While i get the fluid changed very often i am still lucky. I would still replace it now, because the motor is still like new, and i keep the car in excellent condition. I guess my philosophy is that i would replace my car if it gave ma any excuse to do so.. because i insist on reliability. Even a little excuse would do it. Some of my friends make fun of me that i drive such an old car. Then i tell them to drive it... and they change their mind.... My '03 is worth next to nothing even though the dealer still wants to buy it when i get the inspection. They just want me to buy a new one or someone at the dealer just wants mine... but they will have to wait...hahaha.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:53 PM
7th Gear

Angry

Yeah, I'm never optimistic when asking the dealer for help...something I rarely ever do anymore. As soon as they see you coming with an "old" car, they start pushing you to just buy a new one. Well, if you guys hadn't stopped manufacturing the CL or something like it, I might someday.

Good luck trying to get anything from the dealer. I tried last year and even called the Navigation Support line to see what the problem was and each one tried to sell me replacements or repairs. I ended up going with the DVD thinking it was just the older years but was I wrong. Im not even stressing it this year and will just wait it out!
Old 08-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Intermediate

Yeah, I'm never optimistic when asking the dealer for help...something I rarely ever do anymore. As soon as they see you coming with an "old" car, they start pushing you to just buy a new one. Well, if you guys hadn't stopped manufacturing the CL or something like it, I might someday.
Yes cmb1579..... you cannot go to the Acura dealer with an old car that needs some diagnostics. They may end up fixing the problem, but you will pay a fortune. This is my BIGGEST problem with a dealer. They like repairs but are not good with older cars where some extra time is involved. Any good mechanic with a diagnostics computer and who is experienced will be better than the dealer. I did go to the dealer for my first timing belt replacement since i know they do them all day long and this is an important job. Next year i will need another one and i will not go to the dealer. I do have a very good mechanic that can do that job.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Racer

Well, that car doesn't owe you anything. They did build a good car in that TL. I have had people come up to me after they bought a newer one after 2003 and they regretted it saying that they liked my year better. YES, i am lucky with the tranny.. no doubt. While i get the fluid changed very often i am still lucky. I would still replace it now, because the motor is still like new, and i keep the car in excellent condition. I guess my philosophy is that i would replace my car if it gave ma any excuse to do so.. because i insist on reliability. Even a little excuse would do it. Some of my friends make fun of me that i drive such an old car. Then i tell them to drive it... and they change their mind.... My '03 is worth next to nothing even though the dealer still wants to buy it when i get the inspection. They just want me to buy a new one or someone at the dealer just wants mine... but they will have to wait...hahaha.
Old philosophy if it aint broken dont fix it! lol I live by it.
Your car isnt really old. I have a 1991 BMW and getting parts for that suck. If were talking about other things not cars I have a 1977 Honda motorcycle. Actually now that I think about it the oldest bike I have is a 1969 Harley!

Last edited by johnny14; 08-17-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Racer

Yes cmb1579..... you cannot go to the Acura dealer with an old car that needs some diagnostics. They may end up fixing the problem, but you will pay a fortune. This is my BIGGEST problem with a dealer. They like repairs but are not good with older cars where some extra time is involved. Any good mechanic with a diagnostics computer and who is experienced will be better than the dealer. I did go to the dealer for my first timing belt replacement since i know they do them all day long and this is an important job. Next year i will need another one and i will not go to the dealer. I do have a very good mechanic that can do that job.
You mean Acura Stealer not Dealer!
Old 08-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Intermediate

You mean Acura Stealer not Dealer!
LOL.... i have a friend like you. He drives nothing but OLD.... F----ing... OLD... Volvos.... and he has a huge collection of BMW motorcycles as well..... He buys this stuff all over the country.. I hope i get as much time on my '03 TL/s as you have had from your cars, and i should given the care i take of it. I swear it is still like brand new... And we agree on the dealers really being "stealers". Last inspection they wanted almost $1,200 for brakes which my buddy did for $535, including the inspection..... he had to replace 2 rotors, resurface the other 2 and also replace one front rotor. The dealer would replace everything...no resurfacing good rotors and they would replace both front calipers... not just the bad one. I was skeptical about not replacing both front rotors but my mechanic assured me it was fine. He was right.... no pulling after several months and it stops on a dime. I can buy a new car if i wanted, and i have driven plenty of new great cars.... and i still like my '03 TL/s much better ---- call me stupid...hahaha.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
0:00 clock

Ditto for me--2003 TL--noticed 0:00 today (17Aug17) but it could have begun the day before like many others. Any attempt to change time fails--stays on 0:00, but I NOTICED THE COLON STILL BLINKS when nav screen shows (time in lower right corner) indicating the time is apparently still incrementing, just not displaying. I'll wait a month and see if things resolve. I wonder if this was some kind of "easter egg" joke by the software guy, thinking "anyone who keeps the car this long should have it appear to crap out"!?? Whatever, it's not amusing.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:26 PM
7th Gear

I definitely do mean Acura Stealer! haha I do most of my own repairs with some assistance from my car guy dad. When outside our abilities and can't find the answer on AcuraZine, I've got a good and honest mechanic. Went to the Stealer to ask about my CD changer error and will not return unless maybe if I ever encounter a seatbelt issue again. "No, I will not pay you $900 to replace my CD changer. I'll go aftermarket, thank you very much." Psssh! But would be curious what a dealer might say about all these 0:00s on the same day. I'm guessing a puzzled look and "We'll be happy to take a look for $200 and no guarantee we'll know any more after we 'look'." Will be waiting for it to fix itself like it has for others here.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by beeker
Ditto for me--2003 TL--noticed 0:00 today (17Aug17) but it could have begun the day before like many others. Any attempt to change time fails--stays on 0:00, but I NOTICED THE COLON STILL BLINKS when nav screen shows (time in lower right corner) indicating the time is apparently still incrementing, just not displaying. I'll wait a month and see if things resolve. I wonder if this was some kind of "easter egg" joke by the software guy, thinking "anyone who keeps the car this long should have it appear to crap out"!?? Whatever, it's not amusing.
LOL... that's funny.... Some computer geek is screwing with us after so many years...I hope it gets fixed by itself, but i am not holding my breath. I'll see what happens and maybe after some time i will call take it up with Acura or Alpine, which i believe made the NAVI system...
Old 08-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Intermediate

I definitely do mean Acura Stealer! haha I do most of my own repairs with some assistance from my car guy dad. When outside our abilities and can't find the answer on AcuraZine, I've got a good and honest mechanic. Went to the Stealer to ask about my CD changer error and will not return unless maybe if I ever encounter a seatbelt issue again. "No, I will not pay you $900 to replace my CD changer. I'll go aftermarket, thank you very much." Psssh! But would be curious what a dealer might say about all these 0:00s on the same day. I'm guessing a puzzled look and "We'll be happy to take a look for $200 and no guarantee we'll know any more after we 'look'." Will be waiting for it to fix itself like it has for others here.
You are correct. I am sure the "Acura Stealer" will not have any answer, but will be glad to look at the problem.... subject to $139/hour labor charge for diagnosis (that's the labor rate where i live in NY). My car is so good i don't need the dealer, but this clock thing does bother me a bit..... not the end of the world, but i like everyhting to work properly...))
Old 08-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Intermediate

good night all... thanks for all the great info and for time.....
Old 08-17-2017, 08:02 PM
Instructor

Smile

Same deal here 01 cl-s navi 112k. OP can you put 0:00 in the thread title? We havent had a total eclipse in 40 years. Then you got fatboi in NKorea. Like I like to say when my buddys nfl team is loosing against mine. "TICK TOCK MUTHERF***ER, TICK TOCK''. Then when the $$ is handed over, its 'THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!'

But on a more serious note, I guess we wont find out if anyone before has replaced the battery in the 1st post until he gets his installed in a week.

What is the upgrade version I can buy since mine is the oem 2001 cd? I dont need the lastest version and it seems the last time I looked on ebay there was conflicting info. Navi screen lens is shot from the florida sun. Needs to be replaced.

Thanks and not to hijack.

Last edited by asb32952; 08-17-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
I can not believe this. Exactly same problem. Acura tl s 2003. Clock went to 0:00 yesterday 8/16/2017. Tanks god for internet. If would not exist Internet I would take apart half of car to figure out problem. So it is acura bug. Just will buy some self sticking clock.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Clock at 0:00

Mine too August 16
Old 08-17-2017, 08:54 PM
1st Gear

So I have a 02 RL and yesterday mine started doing the 0:00 on my Nav clock. I don't use my gps but I'm pretty sure it still works. Did anybody ever figure out what was happening? Or did we just sum it up to be a bug?
Old 08-17-2017, 09:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,044 Likes on 1,133 Posts
Acurazine getting a lot of new members today.
Come on over to Ramblings.

Last edited by doopstr; 08-17-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:12 PM
6th Gear

0:00 on 8/16/17

2002 CL-S. Clock was stuck at 5:14. When I tried to correct it (yesterday) from the settings function, the time reverted to 0:00 and has stayed that way since then. Like othes have said, the semicolon blinks. The mapping component still seems to work fine. Coincidentally, I had difficulty getting the car to start earlier in the day (ran rough and died twice); a rare thing for my car.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:07 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Henry P.
Mine too August 16
Same thing happened to me yesterday. 8.16.17👎. I own a 2000 TL.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:00 AM
1st Gear

Navigation Clock reset

I have a 2001 TL and the navigation clock reset to zero. How do I fix this?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Lenstar
I have a 2001 TL and the navigation clock reset to zero. How do I fix this?
This issue has been reported by several Site members recently, myself included (03 TLS ). It appears that there is nothing you can to fix it. Others have gone to the extreme of replacing the battery in the Navi unit itself, with no result. This phenomenon has occurred in the past, and appears to have corrected itself. Speculation hints to it being caused by a satellite communication problem.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:03 AM
3rd Gear

I am also glad I found this out. I was going crazy disconnected the battery pulled the fuse etc still no change. I wonder if there is a timing issue with a satellite.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:10 AM
5th Gear

Well mine did the same thing on the 16th. I'm glad it's not just me. I have come to the conclusion that it's the beginning of the end. The nav satellite is out of wack and hurling towards earth as we speak

Quick Reply: Navigation works but clock not working