Are NAVI-model AC controls compatible with non-NAVI models?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
Are NAVI-model AC controls compatible with non-NAVI models?

I've been playing around with the idea of putting the dashboard and AC controls of a NAVI-enabled 2nd-gen TL into my non-NAVI '99 TL-P.
My primary concern with this thought experiment is that the AC controls might not be compatible, since they're re-routed to be below the NAVI screen and in general take up much less space. It'd be really dumb if Honda ended up designing completely different AC motor controls for the NAVI and non-NAVI models, but who knows. Does anyone know if the connectors on the back of the AC units on the two different models are the same?

The whole purpose for this is that I'm starting to look into an after-market headunit for my TL. But I seriously dislike how every after-market head unit that I can find has this extreme styling to it that just won't blend with the general aesthetic of the car. While a big LCD screen isn't quite ideal either, I think it's better than crazy angles and flashing LED lights everywhere. But then, with the location of the headunit on our cars, I'd have to look all the way down to the gearshifter if I wanted to look at the map or see what's playing. Hence, the idea of using the spot where the NAVI would go - that's pretty much where I stick my phone on it's vent-mount anyhow, so it would be far safer to glance at that while driving.

Any thoughts? I can post pics of my various connectors if someone wants to trade pics of their NAVI model AC connectors.